Old 05-24-2019, 05:06 AM   #1
ayskura
Human being with feelings

Default Audio Proxies

One feature I would love to have in Reaper is the possibility to have a proxie in OGG of the project I am working on to do editing etc on my laptop to make it quick to transfer and edit then having a backup of my flac project on my main desktop and with a simple button to be able to relink the audio files automatically to the FLAC for export. A bit like in movie editing where you use lower res videos for editing and then relink to high res for final export... I do this manually in Logic and Reaper but it would be nice to have a specific function that makes it simple
ayskura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:14 AM   #2
heda

You could try this. Use the batch convert function to generate all your ogg files in a folder. Copy them to the laptop and when you open the project, in the missing files dialog find the first ogg manually and let the rest to be found automatically. It works finding the different extension ogg.

Last edited by heda; 05-24-2019 at 06:25 AM.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 05:31 AM   #3
ayskura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
You could try this. Use the batch convert function to generate all your ogg files in a folder. Copy them to the laptop and when you open the project, in the missing files dialog find the first ogg manually and let the rest to be found automatically. It works finding the different extension ogg.
well I can save a copy with converted files to ogg

then when I need the FLAC I can save and convert back to flac and exchange the files... but I'm sure there is a more elegant way to do it if it was built-in the app
Old 09-03-2019, 07:59 PM   #4
mpl

So if the names are same, there could be a script to toggle all sound data sources from flax to ogg extension and vice versa, just have to make sure you have anything converted before.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:54 PM   #5
ayskura

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
So if the names are same, there could be a script to toggle all sound data sources from flax to ogg extension and vice versa, just have to make sure you have anything converted before.
Yes exactly... How to implement such script though?