Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
Billiam
Human being with feelings

Default Exporting tracks to WAV and getting glitchy noise

Ok so i recorded a cover today and i was going to export it to send it to a friend and i listened to the WAV file and all it was was really glitchy sounding noise. Any tips on how to get the files to export properly? All my WAV files in the reaper folder sound like that now but it still sounds fine on the reaper project file and files that were outside of the reaper folder. I exported it to a different folder to see if it would work but it still had that glitchy sound. The only thing i think that might have caused this is i accidentally rendered the project before consolidating the tracks. Now im consolidating before rendering but it still sounds all glitchy. all of my projects export all glitchy now. Help?
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #2
dub3000

could be related to a buggy VST. what plugins are you using? there are options to control render speed and limit it to 1x, try and limit it to that and see what happens. alternatively, disable all the plugins (ctrl-click the dot underneath the fx button on the master track), render and see if it's still glitchy.

could also be a problem with whatever you're monitoring your files back through, or possibly (but unlikely) a bad digital peaking issue on your master bus.
dub3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
Billiam

Oh yeah i did just download the Proteus VX syth but i could never get it to work. Ill delete that and see what happens
Old 07-09-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
Billiam

Sorry about the double post

Well I deleted Proteus VX and that didnt work, i disabled all the pugins, and i tried to render it at 1x and it still was just white noise.

Im pretty sure its not what im monitoring my files back through either, ive been using my computer speakers the whole time even before it was buggy.

And im not sure about the bad peaking issue on the master bus, i dont know how to check/fix that
Old 07-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
Billiam

UPDATE:

The track only gets all buggy when rendering it to a wav. I rendered it to an AIFF for itunes and it worked fine. I havnt tried mp3 or any other ways yet.

sorry again about posting after myself
Old 07-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #6
moliere

are you using a VST on the master bus? I have had issues in the past with rendering glitchy white noise when doing Sample Rate Conversion on the master, or in the render dialog, I think it came down to changing the sample rate of my project, and the vst on the master (ozone) not picking that up and doing something strange. I fixed that by reloading my master VSTs after changing the sample rate of the project. just a thought.
moliere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
Billiam

Rendering mp3 works fine.

Im wondering if this has any connection to my itunes having glitchy videos? The audio for the videos still works but the videos are glitchy.

Im pretty sure when i downloaded proteus vx i messed something up, i mightve put it in the wrong folder becuase i didnt know exactly how things worked. Ive deleted proteus vx since then after never being able to find it, but the WAVs still render glitchy.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:26 PM   #8
Billiam

bump

I tried downloading proteus vx again but reaper wouldnt work right with it so i removed it. Still getting that glitchy noise when i render to WAV, but dont have that problem on my moms laptop.