Old 08-16-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
AudioWonderland
Human being with feelings

Default Copying track setups for other projects

Lets say I create a drum mix for a song with various plugins and settings etc across 10-12 tracks. Is there a why to copy that setup and integrate it into the other songs on the album to recreate that drum sound for the other tunes without doing it manually?
AudioWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:08 PM   #2
SuperKons

You can save that as a "tracks template": you can create a folder track containing all the needed tracks, right click on it, and select Save tracks as track template... Alternatively, you may select all the tracks you need, and do the same action
SuperKons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
AudioWonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKons View Post
You can save that as a "tracks template": you can create a folder track containing all the needed tracks, right click on it, and select Save tracks as track template... Alternatively, you may select all the tracks you need, and do the same action
Well, thats OK for creating a template to begin a session with and might be a work around but I don't want to create new tracks. I want to grab the configuration, including sends, plugs and there settings etc and over lay them onto previously recorded tracks in other projects. I want to recreate the sound/mix from song one and apply it to songs 2-12
AudioWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #4
karbomusic

Why can't you add that saved 'track' template to the existing projects below the existing tracks, then just select all the existing items (old tracks) and use the down arrow on the number keys to move them down to the new tracks and delete the now empty ones?

There may very well be another method I'm unaware of but in my ignorance, that's what I would do, and likely will be doing next week when I have the same challenge with 12 songs.