Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
johnghadimi
Human being with feelings

Default Mouse modifiers based on Reason

Hi;

Complete Reaper newbie here (my third day evaluating the program). So far, SUPER impressed especially in terms on midi and the piano roll. Admittedly, I love the Reason workflow but the piano roll is simply terrible!! I've been geeking out on all the cool actions and mods to getting chords, scales, etc... easily accessible in the piano roll. Simply awesome.

So, one thing that is slowing me down is the different mouse and interaction behaviors between the two programs. I noticed that through preferences, I can change and modify the mouse modifiers to match Reason.

Question is has someone already done the leg work to do this, so I can just import that in? Is there a repository for mouse modifier settings? I didn't see that as a category in the stash. Appreciate the guidance.

John
johnghadimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:34 PM   #2
solger

In general, you can do a search in the Reaper Stash and this Forum (for Reason related Threads).

But as far as I know, there are no Reason based Shortcuts and/or Mouse Modifier configs available.

EDIT: After having a quick look, seems like Reason related things available are mainly some Track Templates and info about connecting Reaper and Reason via ReWire.

Last edited by solger; 01-04-2018 at 01:48 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
johnghadimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
In general, you can do a search in the Reaper Stash and this Forum (for Reason related Threads).

But as far as I know, there are no Reason based Shortcuts and/or Mouse Modifier configs available.

EDIT: After having a quick look, seems like Reason related things available are mainly some Track Templates and info about connecting Reaper and Reason via ReWire.
Thank you. Yeah, I guess will set that up myself. Appreciate the info.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
solger

As a general side note:

Make sure to check out the SWS Extensions (http://www.sws-extension.org/) and ReaPack (https://reapack.com/) for additional features, scripts, actions, etc., as well.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #5
Bri1
Banned

High-er-- i use both programmes but never actually bothered doing the complete hotkey maps--it really depends on .version #'s-as a lot of things changed and obviously the same exact actions do not exactely match in function--pretty close though tbh-- most are basic os hotcommands so a lot of users have common access or knowing of'or not.
Made some midi notename and cc maps though for a few of reason devices -and can share when i get back onto main system here.
Cheerz.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:08 PM   #6
johnghadimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
High-er-- i use both programmes but never actually bothered doing the complete hotkey maps--it really depends on .version #'s-as a lot of things changed and obviously the same exact actions do not exactely match in function--pretty close though tbh-- most are basic os hotcommands so a lot of users have common access or knowing of'or not.
Made some midi notename and cc maps though for a few of reason devices -and can share when i get back onto main system here.
Cheerz.
Appreciate that. Yeah for me it's the workflow. Like how to drag and select notes, draw notes, etc, etc.. definitely a difference there and kinda slows you down when you're in the mindset of two apps. I don't see myself 100% switching over to Reaper just yet, so trying to make my current situation less cumbersome.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #7
Bri1
Banned

Yep-workflows gets peoples juices flowing--i just try and add to knowledge gained already..it kinda might get confusing if you have same hkeys assigned in each programme-because they are both focus dependant--you might be mistaking focusing and have to undo-- i very rarely undo tbh--maybe 1 or 2 steps from schoolboy pranks or mistakes.. =)
I find the 2 programme combination fills most needs for audio or video-perfect partners in the crimes i have commited to sound/audio!!!! lol- ihave not 'switched' anything-just expanded uses and options.
Comming from reasons piano roll and audio editing in reaper was a fantastic move personally.
Shared files will be up in a few weeks as waiting on new power supply and heading to the hills for a wee while-hold tight ok.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:46 PM   #8
Bri1
Banned

Here ya go jo--> https://stash.reaper.fm/32811/Reason...ames%2Bmaps.7z

^= included just some of the native device map names(some of the longer entries) -- but all these can be modified to suit tastes =)
As there are hundreds of various new rack extensions-that mapping has been done by others but not i as yet.
There are also remote map files that can be modded||created for reason-- if you check the programmes options of remote overrides and keyboard edit control> these will show all the devices default control maps (some have,some have not) -these are are all moddable.
Have a blast,i know i do--and the are a few benefits to using reaper as the host controller trigger,as any sonic seeker will eventually find.......
Sending pm to remind if thread not responded to..cheerzz.