Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-04-2018, 11:12 AM   #1
calmlands
Human being with feelings

Default How to change sensitivity of midi note in real-time?

So here's the problem I'm having. One of they keys on my digital piano is overly sensitive, so it plays much louder than the other keys. I'm wondering if there is something I can do in reaper to reduce the sensitivity of just one key while I'm playing so that note doesn't stick out all the time. Or if it isn't possible to reduce the midi velocity itself, is there a way to just reduce the volume of that note? I'm using the Ravenscroft 275 piano VST. Thanks!
calmlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
mschnell

A plugin (e.g. a JSFX plugin) can easily modify the velocity according to some predefined curve.

But if you use a high class piano VST such as the Ravenscroft 275, it does not make sese to play it with a mediocre keyboard that does not feature a mechanic that decently translates your playing to Midi. A workaround like suggested will never provide a pleasant playing experience.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:05 PM   #3
calmlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
A plugin (e.g. a JSFX plugin) can easily modify the velocity according to some predefined curve.

But if you use a high class piano VST such as the Ravenscroft 275, it does not make sese to play it with a mediocre keyboard that does not feature a mechanic that decently translates your playing to Midi. A workaround like suggested will never provide a pleasant playing experience.

-Michael
I do have a quality keyboard. There is just one key that is malfunctioning. Other than that it works very well. I need to alter the sensitivity for just that single key.
calmlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:38 PM   #4
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmlands View Post
I do have a quality keyboard. There is just one key that is malfunctioning. Other than that it works very well. I need to alter the sensitivity for just that single key.
this of course is very non-standard nd hence supposedly not available ready-made somewhere.
But you can do a (supposedly some 10 line) JSFX script that does this.

-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote