Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 07-18-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
vectorwarrior
Human being with feelings

Default Ability to set project video resolution to current video item's resolution

I work with a lot of videos of random video resolutions. If I do not set the project video resolution to the same res as the video items, things look ugly.

I have to open the video item Source Properties, copy/paste the resolution (because i have to close that window before opening the project window) and enter it into the project settings.

It would be ace to be able to do that with an action or SOMETHING better than doing this manually, it feels like a very awkward workflow currently.

Thanks

Last edited by vectorwarrior; 07-24-2019 at 03:00 PM.
vectorwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:04 AM   #2
mespotine

If source-properties, as displayed in the source-properties window, would be programmatically gettable via ReaScript, we could script that.

I tried it yesterday, but couldn't find a way to get the resolution of a video/picture without extreme-ugly-hacking.

Something like "string value = reaper.GetSourceProperties(string properties)" where properties could be width, height, fps, fileformat, etc whatever the decoder allows to get.
When a value is not available, it returns nil or something.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:37 AM   #3
vectorwarrior

Going to bump this as this is still an issue.

Ideally an action to 'set project video resolution to currently selected item's resolution' would be ideal.... but I'll take anything that makes this less fiddly than currently.

Thanks!
vectorwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:30 AM   #4
Anshul999

I second this. We need video editor settings on a per-project basis. I keep having to resize videos and change settings based on different projects.
Anshul999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 06:30 AM   #5
Phazma

I would also like to be able to set project framerate from currently selected video item.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote