Old 11-22-2019, 06:27 AM   #1
puke
Human being with feelings

Default Steinberg MR816 and drivers

I have not done an update on my macbook pro for quite some time. And I have read that I should not do this until steinberg released new drivers compatible with 64 bit computing (or something like this)., So,..I just read a news release from Yamaha that they are no longer going to support the MR.. Which, I think must be code for "your'e screwed". Am I wrong? So my question is,.. does this mean I either buy different interfaces? or never update my apple software again? I don't use computer much, and my day job is construction,.. So I am not as "in the loop" as most people. Anyway, anybody who could explain this..I would appreciate it. At the time I thought I was buying quite good interfaces, from a very reputable company. But it's starting to look like Yamaha is not about to make it work.
puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
oval

Quote:
Originally Posted by puke View Post
I have not done an update on my macbook pro for quite some time. And I have read that I should not do this until steinberg released new drivers compatible with 64 bit computing (or something like this)., So,..I just read a news release from Yamaha that they are no longer going to support the MR.. Which, I think must be code for "your'e screwed". Am I wrong? So my question is,.. does this mean I either buy different interfaces? or never update my apple software again? I don't use computer much, and my day job is construction,.. So I am not as "in the loop" as most people. Anyway, anybody who could explain this..I would appreciate it. At the time I thought I was buying quite good interfaces, from a very reputable company. But it's starting to look like Yamaha is not about to make it work.
Latest driver release was 6.nov-19. Take a look at:
https://www.steinberg.net/index.php?...oads_mr816&L=1
oval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:26 PM   #3
puke

Thank you so much. Does this mean I can let my macbook pro update to the lastest apple update?
puke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:56 PM   #4
shanabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by puke View Post
Thank you so much. Does this mean I can let my macbook pro update to the lastest apple update?
This is the last update for the MR and it will work though Mojave.

You CANNOT run the MR on the newest Catalina Mac OS. Im on High Sierra here with the MR and the latest driver is working fine. Catalina will ONLY run 64 bit apps and the MR is still a 32 bit app.
shanabit is offline   Reply With Quote