Old 09-10-2016, 09:27 AM   #1
prezbass
Human being with feelings

Default Screenset & Window Annoynances

Not entirely sure if this thread belongs here or not.

I've got this annoying "random feature" that started awhile back where when I start Reaper, my screensets aren't loaded correctly. I have 4 basic screensets, and I get this random screenset on startup that doesn't look like any of the ones I have. All I have to do is hit one of my screenset buttons (F7 thru F10) and things go back the way they should.

At the same time, I've noticed that my FX browser window and SWS Snapshot windows are strangely sized every time I start up. Not sure if that's related or not.

It isn't impacting workflow at all, and I'd hardly call it a "bug", but it is annoying. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue and found a fix for it?
prezbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
LugNut

Hi,

Its been like that for me from day one. I just hit my main screen set button like you.
It seems random.
Do you boot reaper w an "autoload" song like me? I'm wondering if it "in" there.?
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:16 PM   #3
euga

Same here, the best solution I've found is to load a screenset with SWS startup action
euga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #4
bFooz

Bumping this.

It seems a screenset itself is not loaded on startup because in a screenset window there is no one active. Seems like positions are loaded from some other place where some positions are stored correctly and some are stored incorrectly (e.g. Media Explorer or Video).

The behaviour is not consistent though and it might be caused by some positions being stored at different program events than the others. Then, on one load they are inconsistent and on another one they are consistent.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
tompad

Same here!

Every time I start Reaper I need to press my function key to reload the screenset so it looks ok. If not my master is placed in another place, not on the right side.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:02 AM   #6
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prezbass View Post
Not entirely sure if this thread belongs here or not.

I've got this annoying "random feature" that started awhile back where when I start Reaper, my screensets aren't loaded correctly. I have 4 basic screensets, and I get this random screenset on startup that doesn't look like any of the ones I have. All I have to do is hit one of my screenset buttons (F7 thru F10) and things go back the way they should.

At the same time, I've noticed that my FX browser window and SWS Snapshot windows are strangely sized every time I start up. Not sure if that's related or not.

It isn't impacting workflow at all, and I'd hardly call it a "bug", but it is annoying. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue and found a fix for it?
I had a similar case as yours, I had mine do a startup action of one of the screensets I have and that made things better instead of a guess what would be displayed.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:17 AM   #7
lowellben

Still happening all the time in 2018. It's the small things like this. Oh well.

Polished

But, thankfully with SWS and hacking a bit we can work around it rather than fix.
Thanks!`
Old 04-03-2020, 12:53 PM   #8
xav

I've the same problem since I use saved Nudge parameters slots. Is there any relation?
I must admit my case is particular since I sync Reaper Folder (with a cloud cloud) for 2 different OSx systems... maybe that's not recommended
xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #9
poetnprophet

I have also had the issue since day one (2018 for me). it's not a huge deal, just a little annoying since it's hard to explain and duplicate/pinpoint.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote