Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-12-2019, 10:02 PM   #1
Breeder
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER ReWorked: An elegant and self-sufficient all-around REAPER configuration

This is an out-of-the-box REAPER configuration which should hopefully satisfy most DAW users. Whoever has tried REAPER, knows there is currently no better DAW on the market (functionality-wise at least) - its only problem is the user has to customize it extensively to have it truly shine. REAPER is great, but it being a Linux of DAW programs has made it pretty much reserved for tech savvy people only, so this is my take on encapsulating a lot of functionality into one complete package which should hopefully save you some time if you're not satisfied with vanilla REAPER installation.

This is intended for people doing MIDI work and composing songs/soundtracks that want a DAW for linear music creation with standard MIDI functions available from most DAWs, recording if needed, importing and manipulating samples - standard songwriting stuff coupled with mixing tasks. My inspiration was FL Studio and Cubase and because both of these missed some crucial stuff like MIDI ripple editing, I've simply decided to rearrange REAPER for myself with the goal of creating a clean-cut and final product.

I believe REAPER ReWorked is best suited for people just starting out with REAPER because it simply has more functions than standard installation and it is not just all bashed together but ergonomically planned and tried in practice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current version: 1.362 (what's new) (manual)
Download full installer at https://reaper-reworked.weeblysite.com/

Mirrors: Full installer & Update only

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can support the project by donating or buying the premium content which consists of:
  • More than 900 MIDI drum maps for a lot of popular instruments including Spitfire Orchestra, Native Instruments Komplete Series and many more.
  • A set of programs to convert expression maps and drum maps between REAPER, Cubase and FL Studio BRSO Articulate formats. You can also buy these separately here.
  • Example orchestral template project with more than 600 tracks and example mixer FX rack.

Disclaimer:
Please note that the configuration was tested and developed on Windows 10 x64. There is zero guarantee it will work on other operating systems.

Last edited by Breeder; 11-06-2022 at 05:57 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 10:04 PM   #2
Breeder

Features at a glance

REAPER menus reimagined
Menus are completely re-built from the ground up. Everything is sorted neatly and logically so you can easily find what you're looking for. Everything that has a shortcut is somewhere in the menus so you can quickly learn your way around. Action list is great - but less typing means more music making.

MIDI ripple editing
Edit rhythms and have everything shift accordingly when moving, deleting and changing lengths of notes through shortcuts and menu entries. To get the hang for the MIDI editing in REAPER ReWorked, right-click empty piano roll area and go to Editor options -> Numpad editing. Enabling both MIDI ripple editing and step input practically turns REAPER into a notation/tab editing tool similar to Guitar Pro or Sibelius.

Pre-arranged toolbars
Toolbars are populated with the most used functions both in MIDI Editor and Arrange. REAPER ReWorked also makes use of fabulous SWS Contextual Toolbars feature and comes with many pre-arranged toolbars. Just hover your mouse over various parts of REAPER and use Ctrl+Alt+A to show the toolbar for that context.

Mixer FX rack
Press F on your keyboard and a dedicated set of 5 tracks will appear in Mixer window - this is called Mixer FX rack and you can populate it with many useful FXs and then drag and drop all around your project. Once done, just press F again and move it out of the way.

Track visibility management
Every serious composer knows that one can't have too many tracks in the project. REAPER ReWorked has many built-in functions that allow you to quickly and seamlessly show only the tracks you want to see and hide the rest.

Multiple envelopes workflow
Sometimes you want to edit all of the envelopes at the same time. REAPER ReWorked comes with a dedicated set of actions that allow you to apply many common operations to all visible envelopes of all selected tracks.

Track selection follows focused FX
As soon as you select any track FX window and it becomes focused, track to which that FX belongs will automatically get selected. If you use automatic record arm on your tracks, this feature can make your life much easier. The option is enabled by default and can be turned on/off in Main toolbar or in various places in REAPER menus.

Built-in sequencer
We all know of the fabulous JS Megababy Sequencer. REAPER ReWorked allows you to quickly record into it by toggling the feature with Alt+R. Sequencer will get loaded automatically as soon as you start recording into a track and will record only when the feature is on. Once done you can either show pattern selector track and Ctrl-drag items from it to arrange your sequencer patterns or record pattern changes and use dedicated action to create single pattern items with images.

Keep Mixer out of the way
REAPER ReWorked comes with many utility options such as the ability to keep the Mixer window at the bottom at all times so you don't lose the overview of your floating FX and other windows. If you need to see the full Mixer, there is no need to disable the option - simply click the Mixer title bar two times and it will jump in front of all other windows. The option is enabled by default and can be turned on/off in Mixer master track context menu.

Default screensets
REAPER ReWorked comes with a built-in set of screensets (including the popular inspector layout configuration), that make sure all of the available windows are always neatly docked and out of the way while you're busy creating music.

Synchronized shortcuts
REAPER ReWorked makes sure all of the shortcuts are the same across the whole program. Press S in the Arrange to split the items or press it again in MIDI Editor to split notes.

Pre-installed content
REAPER ReWorked comes with many popular extensions and themes already installed and set up so you don't have to go hunting the forums for the stuff. Author of REAPER ReWorked has worked extensively on SWS Extension for years so you can be sure that everything is integrated properly.

Attention to detail
Many of built-in REAPER functions have been polished to perfection. Try double-clicking the track in the mixer window to switch it between normal and sidebar layouts. Do the same in TCP to collapse folder tracks. When switching timebase, REAPER ReWorked will make sure the content of your MIDI items stays put. MIDI input quantize will obey current grid setting, and so on and so forth...

Bunch of other stuff
REAPER ReWorked comes with over 800 custom written scripts that act as a power horse for the whole configuration. It would take many pages to list every possible feature available but since REAPER ReWorked has been made with simplicity in mind, you're invited to dive into menus and find what else it's capable of.

Premium content for our supporters
While REAPER ReWorked is free, it has taken a considerable amount of effort to put it all together. If you decide to show your appreciation, you will get an additional content as a sign of gratitude. Among that content is over 900 hand-made MIDI drum maps that should cover many popular instruments on the market today.

Last edited by Breeder; 09-03-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:10 PM   #3
Breeder

Frequently Asked Questions - Part 1 (FAQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rforssell View Post
In my environment I can't extract some files due to long file names.
I always try to make action names as verbose as possible and windows 10 has this new feature that enables using paths longer than 260 characters.

You can download registry files to enable or disable the feature here:
Win Long Paths - Turn On (Requires reboot).reg
Win Long Paths - Turn Off (Requires reboot).reg

And read more about it here:
https://www.itprotoday.com/windows-1...ort-windows-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone64 View Post
I've been having a really good time with the changes. It's just a bit hard to get used to the right click menus that have more nested menus than before, making workflow slower sometimes.
When it comes to nested menus - this is my cure:
How to Change Menu Show Delay Time in Windows 10

You can get the registry files to quickly set this up here:
Set Menu Show Delay Time - Default
Set Menu Show Delay Time - Short
Set Menu Show Delay Time - Shorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matv View Post
And any example for MIDI ripple editing
You first need to enable it (Num5 or Alt+A or click this button in MIDI toolbar (image) and then use keyboard shortcuts to move the notes or drag the position of the notes (I couldn't do it for the rest of the mouse modifiers because REAPER doesn't allow it...so ripple editing works with all keyboard shortcuts to move, change length, stretch notes etc...and only works for mouse when selecting and dragging notes to change their position).

It's best to right-click the empty piano roll area and go to Editor options -> Numpad editing and just play with it. I use it in tandem with step input mode (turned on by the button next to ripple edit button (image) or Ctrl+Num5 or Ctrl+-). Using both ripple edit and step input enabled practically turns REAPER MIDI Editor into a notation/tab editing tool similar to Guitar Pro or Sibelius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemarsi View Post
First of all, I'm using a portable version, but I have a problem with the effects rack, that is the effects of my most used chain, but when I touch F to hide it and then recall the effects rack, all the effects are gone with F, where I'm wrong?
If you do any changes to FX Rack and want to save it permanently, select all of the tracks belonging to FX Rack, right-click those tracks and go to ‘Insert… -> Save track template…’. Then, navigate to this folder:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ REAPER ReWorked - Global Data\internal_track_templates

Once there, overwrite the file ‘FX Rack.RTrackTemplate’. Note that REAPER ReWorked expects to find that exact file there so do not rename it or move it, otherwise FX Rack feature won’t be able to work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rst View Post
Feels that some stuff overlaps.
That's intentional. The rationale is that I take frequent breaks from music and I pretty much have to re-learn everything so I like to have everything available everywhere - from functions to shortcuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
I would like to try it on the side while still have my normal Reaper settings so I can try it out without messing with my configurations.

I used Housofwhitetie and didn't like it and went back to my normal routine. Can I do the same without lots of changes?
The route I recommend in the user guide is using the portable installation.

REAPER ReWorked has been in the works for years and it has all sorts of goodies that are connected with each other to create one complete whole. To separate them would be troublesome to say the least.

Just importing menus, keysets and scripts isn't enough. You would miss custom screensets which are tuned to work with 8 themes that come pre-installed and are also modified so they all preserve various layouts and their sizes when user switches between those themes. Also, REAPER ReWorked uses a few custom JS effects to run some stuff like BPM Calculator, Sequencer (and that sequencer also uses special MCP layouts that are the same for every of 8 pre-installed themes) etc... Then there are startup actions and SWS cycle actions that are needed to make stuff work. And a bunch of other stuff I probably forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirner View Post
I have a problem, that is explained here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....29#post2198629

Keyboard input doesnt't work properly in some VSTi, especially Massive X, and people say it shouldn't be the case with standard Reaper. I installed Reworked und adjusted it a little (menues and added some MIDI controller shortcuts)

Are there some hidden settings, that can solve this problem.

I also noted that Ctrl-S shortcut - "Save all FX as chain" - in the FX window doesn't work. Is it disabled in Reworked?
Yes, some plugins can we wonky when it comes to keyboard input, but thankfully there's a solution for those. REAPER has an option to send all keyboard input to plug-in - it's per-plug-in option and can be set in FX chain window by selecting the desired plugins and then going to Menu->FX->Send all keyboard input to plug-in (image). You can also do it for each plug-in when it's floating by clicking the + button next to the preset selector (image).

Also note that REAPER has an option to determine the scope of the shortcut (so it either works when arrange/MIDI editor has the focus or in the whole program or in the whole program even when some edit field has the focus). But usage of these global shortcuts is rare in REAPER ReWorked (sort actions in the action list by shortcut to see which one are set as global - they have (g) or (g+) prefix)

When you're adding new shortcuts or editing existing one, you can edit it in Edit shortcut dialog (image).

Regarding Ctr+S and saving FX chains from FX windows - there's an option to enable those shortcuts in FX window itself. Go to Menu->Options->Ignore FX chain window shortcuts (send to main window) (image).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus2323 View Post
I want to go back to the regular Reaper looking window. How do you do this? There is no Uninstall instructions.

Thanks....looks nice but way too crowded for me.
Hide the top toolbar I guess? View->Top toolbar.

If you want to remove stuff from the main toolbar, you can also resize it to hide non-default icons (instead of removing them all together by right-clicking the empty space in main toolbar and selecting Customize toolbar...). You will need to resave window screensets thought (ctrl+alt+w) so it sticks (window screensets store the main toolbar length)

You can't really uninstall REAPER ReWorked - you can just install clean REAPER installation and start over without it. To "clean it up", I guess you could reset toolbars/menus to their defaults and do the same with shortcuts. Then you would resave windows screensets and I presume that would make it look and feel as vanilla REAPER, but with all the stuff included in case you want to reuse them.

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:16 PM   #4
Breeder

Frequently Asked Questions - Part 2 (FAQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adXok View Post
One thing I wanted to ask is, what are those tracks from on 1 to 5, one being a folder of tracks 2,3,4 and 5. I can see them on the Inspector mixer, though not in the TCP (Arranger)?

They are named --RACK-- something. Same thing with the default name of the recorded files ($RACKitem... something), which I changed.
That's mixer FX Rack. You can show it/hide it with the shortcut 'F' or by right-clicking mixer master track and selecting Show mixer FX rack....

I left it loaded in template projects so it doesn't go missed but you can hide it and all these tracks will disappear from your project. You can then proceed to resave project templates so you never see it again.

It's 5 tracks that are meant to hold your favorite FX and instruments. You populate them with FX you want to use and then save them as track template (explained in the user guide), you can see it in action here (image)

I personally have it fully populated and all of my FX are set offline but I key-binded this REAPER ReWorked script:
Code:
Script: Track FX - Set last offline FX in mixer track online and float (show at mouse cursor...).lua
to my mouse so whenever I drag some offline FX from mixer FX rack, I just hover my mouse over the track where I draged FX and run that script once so it puts last offline FX online. Works a treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
Built-in sequencer
I would love to maybe see some video about this. Not very clear to me
I've not been using this feature for a long time so I'm kinda rusty but basically just check buttons in Main toolbar (they are next to freeze buttons) or go to View->Sequencer and check menu entries. Basically, when you enable sequencer auto record option, any armed track with MIDI input will get automatically populated with sequencer (which should also automatically pop up) and while it's on (the option to auto record into sequencer) it will not record into track but into sequencer. And that's pretty much it. After you're done, because loaded sequencer preset has predetermined triggers, you can show/hide track that contains all the sequencer trigger items and just control-drag them (to copy them) to sequencer track.

Here's the licecap:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kE...ua4vTAjP_0NkDf

For the rest of the stuff, it's best to refer to sequencer documentation. I've supplied a basic manual for Megababy sequencer and you can find it in Menu->Documentation. The included version of the sequencer is nandy's mod of Megababy sequencer and as far as I know it doesn't have it's own thread - you can find it here: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/20869/seq%20megababy%20nm

Here's a short description on how the sequencer works:
https://reaperblog.net/2014/09/js-ef...ncer-megababy/

Remember, the included Megababy sequencer that comes with REAPER ReWorked is even further modded version so it reacts to various REAPER ReWorked menu entries/toolbar buttons that enable/disable record and enable/disable pattern switching.

One last thing I think I didn't explain is that when you record pattern switches of the patterns you recorded into sequencer, you can use one of the sequencer menu entries to convert it to induvidual sequencer midi items. Bonus, hidden feature, is that if you select existing pattern selector in pattern selector track, it will use that color.

Here's a another licecap:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hd...54D26xhnOxsvL7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenitynow View Post
Wow, haven't tried it yet but seems pretty incredible. Thanks for your hard work in doing this!

Would this be compatible with Orchestra Template for Reaper?

http://otr.storyteller.im/
I don't see why not if OTR is supplying only templates - REAPER ReWorked is like a basic REAPER vanilla configured to act as a good starting point so if OTR just gives you the templates, there shouldn't be any problems as far as I can tell. The only problems that could arise is if OTR requires you to mod REAPER somehow, but I haven't used OTR so I can't tell at first glance if that's the case.

Quote:
This is some advanced sh¡t... in-fx... retrospective. I do not speak that language.
It records any MIDI in the background so if you improvised and didn't hit record, you can still get what you've played

Last edited by Breeder; 07-20-2020 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #5
mschnell

IMHO this is a geat idea but by no means a default. Reaper is much more versatile.

Hence I don't like the name ("reworked") at all, as same suggest that the target this thing is aimed to is the only one sensible and the only one anybody might be after.
It should feature a name that makes clear what kind of workflow is going to be addressed.

Nonetheless I feel that it's a GREAT idea to provide an especially crafted setup for Reaper to those who are interested in an "out of the box" decently working thingy, in case they search for exactly the kind of workflow that is addressed by this product.

And supposedly a non free product that features ongoing support by the provider is exactly what a bunch of DAW users need.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 09-13-2019 at 08:16 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:50 AM   #6
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
IMHO this is a geat idea but by no means a default. Reaper is much more versatile.

Hence I don't like the name ("reworked") at all, as same suggest that the target this thing is aimed to is the only one sensible and the only one anybody might be after.
It should feature a name that makes clear what kind of workflow is going to be addressed.
Let's call it all-around then! ;D

Quote:

And supposedly a non free product that features ongoing support by the provider is exatacly what a bunch of DAW users need.

-Michael
Configuration in itself is free. What is not free is my time and website costs - that is remedied by the ability to buy premium content if you wish to support this project.
Old 04-22-2020, 12:08 AM   #7
barbaroja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Features at a glance
Built-in sequencer
We all know of the fabulous JS Megababy Sequencer. REAPER ReWorked allows you to quickly record into it by toggling the feature with Alt+R. Sequencer will get loaded automatically as soon as you start recording into a track and will record only when the feature is on. Once done you can either show pattern selector track and Ctrl-drag items from it to arrange your sequencer patterns or record pattern changes and use dedicated action to create single pattern items with images.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 03:16 PM   #8
Serenitynow

Wow, haven't tried it yet but seems pretty incredible. Thanks for your hard work in doing this!

Old 04-22-2020, 05:25 PM   #9
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaroja View Post
It's a bit convoluted, video would be nice, maybe somebody else can do it - I'm not the guy for these things (recording video) but if anyone would like to record it, I can give more thorough explanation if needed.

I've not been using this feature for a long time so I'm kinda rusty but basically just check buttons in Main toolbar (they are next to freeze buttons) or go to View->Sequencer and check menu entries. Basically, when you enable sequencer auto record option, any armed track with MIDI input will get automatically populated with sequencer (which should also automatically pop up) and while it's on (the option to auto record into sequencer) it will not record into track but into sequencer. And that's pretty much it. After you're done, because loaded sequencer preset has predetermined triggers, you can show/hide track that contains all the sequencer trigger items and just control-drag them (to copy them) to sequencer track.

Here's the licecap:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kE...ua4vTAjP_0NkDf

For the rest of the stuff, it's best to refer to sequencer documentation. I've supplied a basic manual for Megababy sequencer and you can find it in Menu->Documentation. The included version of the sequencer is nandy's mod of Megababy sequencer and as far as I know it doesn't have it's own thread - you can find it here: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/20869/seq%20megababy%20nm

Here's a short description on how the sequencer works:
https://reaperblog.net/2014/09/js-ef...ncer-megababy/

Remember, the included Megababy sequencer that comes with REAPER ReWorked is even further modded version so it reacts to various REAPER ReWorked menu entries/toolbar buttons that enable/disable record and enable/disable pattern switching.

One last thing I think I didn't explain is that when you record pattern switches of the patterns you recorded into sequencer, you can use one of the sequencer menu entries to convert it to induvidual sequencer midi items. Bonus, hidden feature, is that if you select existing pattern selector in pattern selector track, it will use that color.

Here's a another licecap:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Hd...54D26xhnOxsvL7

Sorry for the rough licecaps, but as I said, I'm kinda rusty and it's 2 AM here and I haven't used megababy in a while. Hopefully it will be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenitynow View Post

I don't see why not if OTR is supplying only templates - REAPER ReWorked is like a basic REAPER vanilla configured to act as a good starting point so if OTR just gives you the templates, there shouldn't be any problems as far as I can tell. The only problems that could arise is if OTR requires you to mod REAPER somehow, but I haven't used OTR so I can't tell at first glance if that's the case.
Old 04-27-2020, 12:14 PM   #10
composerguy78

Default Can't seem to successfully install Reaper ReWorked as portable install

Hi there,
I have been trying to install Reaper Reworked as a portable install (I don't want it to mess up my main installation).

I am installing the portable install on a different internal drive from my C Drive (system drive). I have followed the instructions but I don't know where I am going wrong.

A few things that may help solve:
1. There is no Resource folder in the portable install folder - I dragged the Resource Folder from the zip file. I COPIED the Resource folder to portable install folder (this is the folder which the 'Show REAPER resource path in explorer' opens), but like I mentioned above, it is not replacing an existing folder.

2. I am installing the portable installation on my G Drive. Does it need to also be on the system drive? I doubt it. Isn't that the whole point of a portable install?

3. I enabled the Win Long Paths

4. I let Reaper run so it initiates what it needs and then quit as per Step 2 in the manual.

5. Not surprisingly I get no message box saying that the reworked setup is complete.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I think Reworked looks like just what I have been looking for and I would love to try it out.
Felix
composerguy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #11
kudlatiy

your site in unavailable
kudlatiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #12
Someone64

Default Mixer FX Rack Bug Report

The mixer FX rack seems to be broken in my installation. I followed exactly as said in the included pdf's instructions except I installed the bleeding edge version of SWS after as of the time of posting this (I really hope that's not the cause).

Code:
...(tracks named '--RACK01--' and it's children) in MCP.lua:169: bad argument #1 to 'SetMixerScroll' (MediaTrack expected)
This occurs when I interact with the FX rack before pressing F to remove it again.

Footage of it happening: https://streamable.com/zaqwg

Another issue I found is when you are in inspector view and you select a folder: https://i.vgy.me/5BRI6U.png

This could be an issue with REAPER 6 or 6's new theme, though. Not so sure.

Last edited by Someone64; 12-04-2019 at 11:54 AM. Reason: making additions; want to prevent double post
Someone64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:05 PM   #13
Breeder

Quote:
Wow, that was fast. Thank you a lot, Breeder!
Unfortunately there are some discrepancies with the new theme and the cycled themes that come with ReWorked. Not a big deal, but seems I can't make the Reaper Deafult_6.0_Theme to appear correctly.
What do you mean? I just replaced Moon theme and now it holds Default 6 theme (previously it was a modded version of Default 5)?

If you want to use Default 6 theme, you can set it from the screensets window (ctrl+alt+w), but REAPER ReWorked has its own version of the Default 6.

If you mean discrepancies between cycling themes, I'm also not sure what are you referring to. I implemented all the layouts used by other themes. Can you please expand on what you have found to be wrong? The only thing that I have found to be a bit strange is coloring discrepancies of tracks. But that issue also plagues the original Default 6 theme - I'm still contemplating on how to solve it because in 99% of my own cases these coloring discrepancies aren't a problem but then in certain projects it just looks over the top. White Tie has solved it by giving us the option to dim the colors with theme adjuster (View->Preferences->Theme adjuster...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudlatiy View Post
your site in unavailable
Try again, I never encountered it happen but maybe my web host (Weebly) does daily backups so it becomes unavailable for a certain short period of time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone64 View Post
The mixer FX rack seems to be broken in my installation. I followed exactly as said in the included pdf's instructions except I installed the bleeding edge version of SWS after as of the time of posting this (I really hope that's not the cause).

Code:
...(tracks named '--RACK01--' and it's children) in MCP.lua:169: bad argument #1 to 'SetMixerScroll' (MediaTrack expected)
This occurs when I interact with the FX rack before pressing F to remove it again.

Footage of it happening: https://streamable.com/zaqwg

Another issue I found is when you are in inspector view and you select a folder: https://i.vgy.me/5BRI6U.png

This could be an issue with REAPER 6 or 6's new theme, though. Not so sure.
SWS is definitely not the cause - current REAPER ReWorked even comes with that version preinstalled. I will fix this error, but regarding the second issue with folders I can't be really sure what is going on. Can you supply an example project so I can take a look? Thanks you!

edit: no need for example project, I can see it too. I will check it out but in short - you nailed it - it seems this has to do with the theme - folder layouts get this line and it looks like that in the layout itself.

Last edited by Breeder; 12-04-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #14
Breeder

Updated to 1.34

Code:
v1.34 (December 4, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.0 or above)
 - Theming: REAPER ReWorked version of Default 6 theme doesn't color track names in TCP anymore
 - Menus: Added 'Convert embedded source transient information to transient guides' to item menus
 - Actions: Fixed a rare error when showing/hiding FX rack track (reported here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2210582#post2210582)

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #15
Breeder

Updated to 1.341

Code:
v1.341 (December 4, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.0 or above)
 - Theming: Fixed display issues with sidebar layout (reported here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2210582#post2210582)

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:10 AM   #16
TechDAWg

Default mac version

I've tried Reaper Reworked on my MAC knowing that it had been developed for Windows. As expected some features don't work especially when it implies finding folders (Ex: 'Show Track Icons Folder...' 'Action List'). I love the way the menus have been reorganized but I think the tool icons are useless. They're too small and it's hard to figure out what function or action they symbolize). Will Reworked be reworked to be usable on Mac?
TechDAWg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:55 AM   #17
ChrisBlue

Looks bloody brilliant!! Just a little concerned that some people have reported problems so not being great with computers thinking I might wait til it's all sorted. Really want this though.
ChrisBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:31 AM   #18
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlue View Post
Looks bloody brilliant!! Just a little concerned that some people have reported problems so not being great with computers thinking I might wait til it's all sorted. Really want this though.
I've scratched off every thing of the bug list. The updates were mainly due to REAPER 6 major changes. You can use it without problems now.

Last edited by Breeder; 12-21-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:55 AM   #19
Pashkuli
Banned

Ok, we really need some User Guide...

1. How to switch/toggle the Toggle: Automatic rec-arm for selected tracks.
I found the Action and it works as a toggle, but when I load a new empty project and create a new track, it reverts back to Automatic rec-arm?!
~Also tried to find it in the Scripts folder, with no success.
~Also I toggled it and saved it as a template project Empty, no success.

2. Who to change the Hotkeys or better to overwrite it with an "original" Reaper defaults and continue from there?

3. When I detach my Master Bus track in separate window it reverts it back when I open a new session. Is this related to default Screensets? In "untouched" Reaper such changes would be preserved for a new session, if I am not mistaken!?

That's it. At least for now...

I understand this ReWorked project is a massive customisation to Reaper and I like it a lot. We (at least I) need major instructions.

Last edited by Pashkuli; 12-22-2019 at 04:09 AM.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #20
mschnell

Quote:

I understand this ReWorked project is a massive customisation to Reaper and I like it a lot. We (at least I) need major instructions.

see -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=225041#5
Quote:
And supposedly a non free product that features ongoing support by the provider is exactly what a bunch of DAW users need.
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 07:12 AM   #21
Breeder

Quote:

1. How to switch/toggle the Toggle: Automatic rec-arm for selected tracks.
I found the Action and it works as a toggle, but when I load a new empty project and create a new track, it reverts back to Automatic rec-arm?!
~Also tried to find it in the Scripts folder, with no success.
~Also I toggled it and saved it as a template project Empty, no success.

2. Who to change the Hotkeys or better to overwrite it with an "original" Reaper defaults and continue from there?

3. When I detach my Master Bus track in separate window it reverts it back when I open a new session. Is this related to default Screensets? In "untouched" Reaper such changes would be preserved for a new session, if I am not mistaken!?

That's it. At least for now...

1. When loading track via menu/shortcuts, track template is used from which the new track is inserted. This is explained in the user guide that comes with REAPER ReWorked under the section 'How do I change the default track?'

2. You can only reset keyboard default modifiers all at once (from the action list) but I wouldn't recommend that as many things in the menus are using custom scripts so in certain cases you wouldn't be able to find the shortcut in the menus. You can try though...If you don't like certain shortcuts, you can also change them one by one - I feel this is much more elegant solution as you use REAPER and find out what you like.

3. This is part of the screenset. Project template reloads default screenset on every REAPER program start (you can change which one under view->screenset. You can resave screensets anyway you like of course).

[*] If enough people would support the project and get me a decent monthly wage to write the manual, I would probably decide to do it. But I have a day job and I got my own music I'm working on so I can't provide any substantial support except fixing the troublesome stuff in the product and replying on the forum. Or maybe someone wants to help with the manual regardeless of the money involved and if the project makes money, I will gladly pay that person - if there's such induvidual around, feel free to contact me.
Quote:
So you wanna be REAPER ReWorked sales representative?

Last edited by Breeder; 12-22-2019 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:34 AM   #22
Beat Machine

Default good job man

simple customization are really going to help real people
the issues are about integrated workflow

I spent 3 years on a similar build w/o midi

its about 3/4s done and sitting on a harddrive
any ideas?
Beat Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:34 AM   #23
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Bug report: the grid settings in the arrange toolbar are not assigned.
Did you update SWS by any chance? Don't do that until the newest beta comes - I have included a custom build of SWS that includes those actions which when I coded them were still officially unreleased. If you already updated, just redownload the package and copy only the SWS .dll into respective folder and it should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acebone View Post
Yeah - I know, at least it wasn't a bug then

Gotta say I admire your project, coz' I love reaper, but it's UI ergonomics could be vastly approved.
I completely agree, there's always room for improvement - for now, I'm pretty ok with the current state. I personally am not a coder, I did this because I simply felt compelled - it was a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest, but I simply wanted to create what I felt was needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Machine View Post
simple customization are really going to help real people
the issues are about integrated workflow

I spent 3 years on a similar build w/o midi

its about 3/4s done and sitting on a harddrive
any ideas?
Maybe you could prepare a simple package the same way I did and share it? It would be great if we could have multiple ready-made configurations. I actually had the same thoughts you now have - this was just sitting on my hardrive and I felt sorry for so much time and effort not being shared and that's why I shared this. I do not claim this is the best, but it was the best for me when I did it and hopefully it can help. I bet your cofiguration too could be of help to others so why not share it if you have the time and the patience to prepare it?

Last edited by Breeder; 05-03-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:41 AM   #24
_Stevie_

Ahh damn, that could be. I had the original SWS inside and deleted one of them. I suppose this was the version you complied, my bad!
Old 05-03-2020, 11:06 AM   #25
nofish

new SWS beta has just been released btw.
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....99#post2281199
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 10:27 PM   #26
Breeder

Premium content package just got an update with over 190 new drum maps. Get it here.

If you've already purchased the content you should be able to redownload the package using the link you have received in the mail. If you cannot do it, please send me private message with the mail you've used to purchase and I'll send you the package!

Last edited by Breeder; 08-31-2020 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-16-2021, 01:36 PM   #27
nlamont

Default New Reaper Reworked install

I've just installed it, and I like the menus and layouts. I'd like to continue to use it and get to know it.

A few issues someone might be able to help with:
1) When it opens I get four 'Can't load file' messages for different .lua files
The first was Macros Building Blocks\ set teh option - playback position timebase when changing tempo

2) when I opened a file I'd previously made that had a lot of EW Play instances, I got a warning the system is running low on resources, inviting me to abort the load. I never had that previously. I ignored it and the file loaded OK.

3) on exit I had a few Runtime Error popups e.g. runtime error 216 at 02D553BE
nlamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 05:01 PM   #28
Matthew2475

How do I adjust the meter for a particular track? I'm use to the the meter's being at the bottom to adjust.
Matthew2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 09:24 PM   #29
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew2475 View Post
How do I adjust the meter for a particular track? I'm use to the the meter's being at the bottom to adjust.
Adjust in what way?

Last edited by Breeder; 02-16-2022 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2022, 09:24 PM   #30
Rednroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS View Post
I don't forsee any theme being better than this one during the life of reaper version 6.
I use this theme as my default theme, occasionally I look a the default ver 6 theme for entertainment.

Cds
No Doubt Paulie is a great theme and I'm certain it all boils down to personal preferences. I like Paulie alot but have to give a shout out to a similar style theme as Paulie which I feel is in some ways, even better and that theme is Reaper ReWorked.

The developer has their own website, where they provide the Reaper ReWorked theme for free and take it a step further and for donations will provide you menu and toolbar customizations. If I wasn't working on customizing my own theme, Reaper ReWorked would be my goto theme.

Reaper ReWorked
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 12:18 AM   #31
ernzo

That's a version/mod of Rado Theme (CRado), not really an original,
good call tho..

This "Reaper ReWorked" reminded me of that Other Reaper integral modification project,
of which I forgot the Name!

It was something German.. Reaper Uber Schalle?

It included many Mods/Customizations to Reaper and workflow,
and also included an exclusive Theme..

Darn, it's on the tip of my tongue
but can't recall atm..

Last edited by ernzo; 04-22-2022 at 12:23 AM.
ernzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 04:40 AM   #32
CDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
No Doubt Paulie is a great theme and I'm certain it all boils down to personal preferences. I like Paulie alot but have to give a shout out to a similar style theme as Paulie which I feel is in some ways, even better and that theme is Reaper ReWorked.

The developer has their own website, where they provide the Reaper ReWorked theme for free and take it a step further and for donations will provide you menu and toolbar customizations. If I wasn't working on customizing my own theme, Reaper ReWorked would be my goto theme.

Reaper ReWorked
As of recently I'm confused as to what the focus of reaper is, I thought it was making / producing music.
But recently it appears to be creation of themes.

CDS
Old 05-20-2022, 09:26 AM   #33
decubasareaper

I can't download it, the link doesn't seem to work...
Old 08-01-2022, 07:18 AM   #34
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by decubasareaper View Post
I can't download it, the link doesn't seem to work...
Sorry guys, I don't know what happened. The links are updated.
Old 07-17-2022, 11:59 AM   #35
Matthew2475

Can someone explain to me how to get both meters working, the track you recorded on and the master track?

For some reason, it at times shows the track meter working and other times ONLY the master track working when I'm listening back.
Matthew2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:20 AM   #36
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew2475 View Post
Can someone explain to me how to get both meters working, the track you recorded on and the master track?

For some reason, it at times shows the track meter working and other times ONLY the master track working when I'm listening back.
That's strange, it works here. Can you share an example project which shows the issue?