Old 12-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
LilithD
Human being with feelings

Default Zampler instability?

Hi, everyone. I just came to Reaper now that Sonar is shut down, and I've been playing around with some of my favorite plug-ins to make sure they work before I pull the trigger and dive into Reaper head first.

I've noticed that Zampler (www.zampler.de) seems to have several things that can make it crash Reaper really easily, including opening and closing the FX window several times in a row, as well as adding an FX plugin, removing the FX plugin and then closing the Zampler FX window.

I've been Googling and I haven't come across anyone reporting this kind of major crashing with Zampler, so I guess I'm wondering if - a) I have something set up wrong, or - b) the actions I've discovered that crash it are just stupidly easy to avoid and I should just stop doing them and everything will be fine?

Anyway, I dunno if this is a bug report or a request for help. A little of both, I guess.

Lilith
LilithD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
mschnell

Zampler seems to be a really versatile SFZ player. So it would be desirable to have it run decently in Reaper !

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
ArteMagallánico

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilithD View Post
Hi, everyone. I just came to Reaper now that Sonar is shut down, and I've been playing around with some of my favorite plug-ins to make sure they work before I pull the trigger and dive into Reaper head first.

I've noticed that Zampler (www.zampler.de) seems to have several things that can make it crash Reaper really easily, including opening and closing the FX window several times in a row, as well as adding an FX plugin, removing the FX plugin and then closing the Zampler FX window.

I've been Googling and I haven't come across anyone reporting this kind of major crashing with Zampler, so I guess I'm wondering if - a) I have something set up wrong, or - b) the actions I've discovered that crash it are just stupidly easy to avoid and I should just stop doing them and everything will be fine?

Anyway, I dunno if this is a bug report or a request for help. A little of both, I guess.

Lilith
The year is 2020...and Zampler still crashing Reaper.
ArteMagallánico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:43 PM   #4
mschnell

Maybe better post this in the "Compatibility" forum, as most likely it's an incompatibility problem of Zampler's.

Is there a newer version of same ?

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
rattala

Default Zampler still Crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArteMagallánico View Post
The year is 2020...and Zampler still crashing Reaper.
Just tested (Nov,20, 2020) Reaper and Zampler v2.0 and v2.5 crashes or emit no sounds at all.
Only workaround I have found is that Zampler Trickster RX is working and can read the same soundbanks files, as far as I have understood.
rattala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #6
TonE

Use Reasamplomatic. Forget Zampler. I like it is crashing, not knowing it.
TonE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 04:21 PM   #7
ivansc

https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ...er/951-Zampler

Please note where plugin boutique say that the beat magazine version is NOT compatible with reaper.
Old 11-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #8
domzy

i've never had any problems with Zampler in reaper, so i was surprised to read this thread, but having just checked, it seems i'm still running v1.04
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:24 AM   #9
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
i've never had any problems with Zampler in reaper, so i was surprised to read this thread, but having just checked, it seems i'm still running v1.04

From P.I.B. on the latest version: Please Note: This product is NOT compatible with Reaper.

The easy way to solve an incompatibility
Old 11-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #10
rattala

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Use Reasamplomatic. Forget Zampler. I like it is crashing, not knowing it.
Thanks for the hint, i'll give it a try.
rattala is offline   Reply With Quote