Old 12-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #1
LilithD
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1
Default Zampler instability?

Hi, everyone. I just came to Reaper now that Sonar is shut down, and I've been playing around with some of my favorite plug-ins to make sure they work before I pull the trigger and dive into Reaper head first.

I've noticed that Zampler (www.zampler.de) seems to have several things that can make it crash Reaper really easily, including opening and closing the FX window several times in a row, as well as adding an FX plugin, removing the FX plugin and then closing the Zampler FX window.

I've been Googling and I haven't come across anyone reporting this kind of major crashing with Zampler, so I guess I'm wondering if - a) I have something set up wrong, or - b) the actions I've discovered that crash it are just stupidly easy to avoid and I should just stop doing them and everything will be fine?

Anyway, I dunno if this is a bug report or a request for help. A little of both, I guess.

Lilith
LilithD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 03:14 PM   #2
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 9,796
Default

Zampler seems to be a really versatile SFZ player. So it would be desirable to have it run decently in Reaper !

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:59 PM   #3
ArteMagallánico
Human being with feelings
 
ArteMagallánico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilithD View Post
Hi, everyone. I just came to Reaper now that Sonar is shut down, and I've been playing around with some of my favorite plug-ins to make sure they work before I pull the trigger and dive into Reaper head first.

I've noticed that Zampler (www.zampler.de) seems to have several things that can make it crash Reaper really easily, including opening and closing the FX window several times in a row, as well as adding an FX plugin, removing the FX plugin and then closing the Zampler FX window.

I've been Googling and I haven't come across anyone reporting this kind of major crashing with Zampler, so I guess I'm wondering if - a) I have something set up wrong, or - b) the actions I've discovered that crash it are just stupidly easy to avoid and I should just stop doing them and everything will be fine?

Anyway, I dunno if this is a bug report or a request for help. A little of both, I guess.

Lilith
The year is 2020...and Zampler still crashing Reaper.
ArteMagallánico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 10:43 PM   #4
mschnell
Human being with feelings
 
mschnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Krefeld, Germany
Posts: 9,796
Default

Maybe better post this in the "Compatibility" forum, as most likely it's an incompatibility problem of Zampler's.

Is there a newer version of same ?

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
rattala
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Default Zampler still Crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArteMagallánico View Post
The year is 2020...and Zampler still crashing Reaper.
Just tested (Nov,20, 2020) Reaper and Zampler v2.0 and v2.5 crashes or emit no sounds at all.
Only workaround I have found is that Zampler Trickster RX is working and can read the same soundbanks files, as far as I have understood.
rattala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #6
TonE
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Reaper HAS send control via midi !!!
Posts: 2,940
Default

Use Reasamplomatic. Forget Zampler. I like it is crashing, not knowing it.
TonE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 04:21 PM   #7
ivansc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Cambridge UK and Near Questembert, France
Posts: 20,852
Default

https://www.pluginboutique.com/produ...er/951-Zampler

Please note where plugin boutique say that the beat magazine version is NOT compatible with reaper.
__________________
So.... Still waiting for my Covid vaccine. *sigh* Been stuck at home since February.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #8
domzy
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,012
Default

i've never had any problems with Zampler in reaper, so i was surprised to read this thread, but having just checked, it seems i'm still running v1.04
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:24 AM   #9
ivansc
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Near Cambridge UK and Near Questembert, France
Posts: 20,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
i've never had any problems with Zampler in reaper, so i was surprised to read this thread, but having just checked, it seems i'm still running v1.04

From P.I.B. on the latest version: Please Note: This product is NOT compatible with Reaper.


The easy way to solve an incompatibility
__________________
So.... Still waiting for my Covid vaccine. *sigh* Been stuck at home since February.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:20 PM   #10
rattala
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Use Reasamplomatic. Forget Zampler. I like it is crashing, not knowing it.
Thanks for the hint, i'll give it a try.
rattala is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.