Old 07-31-2020, 03:25 AM   #1
tzzsmk
Human being with feelings

Default project default workflow

Hello friends,
I'd like to ask about following workflow possibility (based on old good Sound Forge, which does work destructively, without even using projects at all):

1) is it possible at launch of Reaper, it would automatically (without user doing anything) "set" a new project in some predefined default directory and default project parameters
2) and once dragging/importing media files, instead using them, it would automatically copy them into its default project directory, and load them from there instead
3) and when exporting/rendering it would render to specific same folder every time?

so far I already figured out only 3): in Reaper Preferences -> General -> Default render path (in combination with render wildcards and ability to specify subfolder text as render param, it does perfect)

thanks in advance for your ideas and insights
High Sierra i7-5820K @4.3GHz, ASUS X99-S, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080Ti STRIX, HDSPe AIO, ADI-2 DAC, Faderport, Seaboard RISE49, Kali IN-8 + WS-12, DELL AW3418DW, MacBook Pro 13 Mid-2012 (i7, 16GB, 840 EVO 500GB, 1TB), Fireface UFX, Octamic D & II
tzzsmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:23 AM   #2
enroe

1. Yes
2. Afaik no
3. Yes
Old 07-31-2020, 07:59 AM   #3
bFooz

1 - Preferences - Project - When creating new projects use following... . You link to a premade rpp file and it's loaded each time you start up Reaper.

2 - you have options here.

Preferences - Media - Copy imported media to project directory

In the save as project dialog, at the bottom there are some checkboxes and one of them is "Copy all media into project directory".

Another option is to use Project bay, in its Sorce meda tab, rightclick and move/copy file....

You might be also interested in Project settings - Media tab. (Project settings are stored for each rpp file separately, these are loaded with default rpp template)

I recommend you to go though all settings in Reaper Preferences and Project settings, you might find some gems for you there.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:04 AM   #4
bFooz

For 3, there is also Preferences - Audio - Recording where you can specify wildcards the same way as in the Render dialog. Recently there was an addition to make it possible to create folder structure on the disk from you track folders/children in Reaper.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote