Old 08-13-2018, 10:23 AM   #1
nPHYN1T3
Human being with feelings

Default Color/theme issues (Linux)

Just curious about what Reaper is using to define menu and tool bar colors in Linux. I JUST saw they are releasing Linux builds and was over the moon. As I just dipped my toes in to test I noticed adding themes doesn't "skin" the whole application. I still have kinda pukey bright 90's esque menus dialogs and tool bars that are pretty jarring and hard on the eyes. It's clearly not adhering to my system theme nor the installed theme. Anyone have some input/tips on how to make things uniform?
Old 08-13-2018, 10:37 AM   #2
SmajjL

JackWinters made this to throw into Reaper folder or somewhere close, and I think one should remember to show hidden files.

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/30510/libSwell.colortheme

Ps, I am not up-to-date just yet, and REAPER does not slow down either..

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #3
cfillion

REAPER for Linux doesn't use the system/DE theme because it (libSwell actually) draws everything itself.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #4
Jack Winter

Reaper by default uses ~/.config/REAPER for it's configuration.

You can copy (/opt/REAPER/libSwell.colortheme) or create libSwell.colortheme there. This allows you to override how menus and windows look. It's an advantage that we have on linux that windows/osx users are missing
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #5
nPHYN1T3

Thank you, I had noticed the thread about libswell but didn't realize that discussion was addressing these somewhat omitted UI elements. I thought it was just a discussion about how Reaper renders themes in general. I'll give that a try!

*UPDHERT! Tried, worksish. Still some unthemed elements so I'll edit the libSwell file later and see if I can nail it down. Either way FAR better and I'm buying a new license now heh. THANKS!

*UPDHERT! (When you read that think Robert Stack from Unsolved Mysteries meets EHERMEHGERD GOOZBUMPS girl) Things like the FX browser don't seem to adhere to anything. Blue highlights, mid tone gray background. Perhaps an entry not listed in the libSwell file?

Last edited by nPHYN1T3; 08-14-2018 at 12:01 AM.
nPHYN1T3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 07:14 PM   #6
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nPHYN1T3 View Post
*UPDHERT! (When you read that think Robert Stack from Unsolved Mysteries meets EHERMEHGERD GOOZBUMPS girl) Things like the FX browser don't seem to adhere to anything. Blue highlights, mid tone gray background. Perhaps an entry not listed in the libSwell file?
Some colors get overridden by the reaper colortheme (when it is supported on the other platforms)
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:28 AM   #7
_Stevie_

Is there a way to replace the X (check in menu entries) with something else like a real checkmark?