Old 12-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
Edazer
Human being with feelings

Default Digitech RP-155 w/Reaper

Hey guys, new here. Sorry if this has been asked/answered before. But I recently got reaper, and have started being interested in using my guitar and using various VSTs for effects, etc.

I have the Digitech RP155 which can connect into my computer and act as an audio interface via USB. And reaper DOES recognize it. (It's in the device list under preferences)

So, I select ASIO as the audio system, RP155 ASIO as the device driver, ins/outs are RP155 right/left respectively.

So, all seems well. (Digitech RP 155 MIDI is enabled under MIDI devices)

However, when I start a new track and select an instrument (a synth or whatever, just to test it), there's no sound, and the meters aren't moving at all. I guess it's not being recognized, even though the settings are there.

Is there some special VST I need to find? A special plug-in? Or is the RP155 just not compatible with Reaper?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Edazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 AM   #2
bluzkat

Your RP155 is outputing an audio signal, not a midi signal. You won't be able to trigger synth VSTs.

There are a huge amount VSTs you can use with your setup... amp simulations, stomp fx, you name it.

There are also suites like Guitar Rig, Pod Farm, Amplitude, etc

Have you been able to get your RP155 unit working where you can hear your guitar?

PS Don't forget to download the Reaper User Guide, see here:

http://www.cockos.com/reaper/resources.php.

Last edited by bluzkat; 12-28-2011 at 02:27 AM.
bluzkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Edazer

Thanks for getting back to me so soon! ^^

Another noob question. How do I set it up as an audio input instead of a MIDI input? All I see on the drop-down menu on the track is different MIDI options.

Going to look for some VSTs for guitars. And maybe some of those suites you mentioned, any recommendation where I should start? (New to this all.. -_-')

Thanks again! ^__^
Edazer is offline   Reply With Quote