Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 03-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #1
Gianfini
Human being with feelings

Default Real Groove management with audio files

This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NDm8cT45Uw

which means auto quantizing rythmic audio files based on groove from another sample. without splitting, converting to midi, aligning, saving and reloading grooves

thanks
g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NDm8cT45Uw

which means auto quantizing rythmic audio files based on groove from another sample. without splitting, converting to midi, aligning, saving and reloading grooves

thanks
g
Yes please. We need this.
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
Ulf3000

ill release a script next week which does exactly that (its basically done but i wanna add some extra options and bug test ) , but it needs transient stretch markers to be set correctly before , it can groove quantize from audio to audio or ausio to midi or midi to midi and midi to audio

as an external script its obviously not as tightly integrated as logics solution , but it has a few options which are not available in the logic like ghost mode and quantization threshhold

Last edited by Ulf3000; 07-30-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Ulf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:01 PM   #4
deeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulf3000 View Post
ill release a script next week which does exactly that (its basically done but i wanna add some extra options and bug test ) , but it needs transient stretch markers to be set correctly before , it can groove quantize from audio to audio or ausio to midi or midi to midi and midi to audio

as an external script its obviously not as tightly integrated as logics solution , but it has a few options which are not available in the logic like ghost mode and quantization threshhold

cool!
deeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:29 AM   #5
vanhaze

Quote:

Awesome news, can't wait for this !
Old 07-31-2017, 11:45 AM   #6
G-Sun

Quote:

Oh, nice. Looking forward to test it
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:23 PM   #7
dea-man

Yea!!!!!
Old 07-31-2017, 07:22 PM   #8
mpl

Quote:
...but it needs transient stretch markers to be set correctly before...
Make sure you checked SM source positions for possible crosstiming before adding if you need, otherwise you can damage user project.

Quote:
it can groove quantize from audio to audio or ausio to midi or midi to midi and midi to audio
...which QuantizeTool already does, but only in seconds dimension yet (to support tempo and signature changes it needs common reference in beats instead seconds)

Quote:
quantization threshhold
= QuantizeTool Gravity Area (don`t know what ghost mode is)
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:02 AM   #9
Ulf3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Make sure you checked SM source positions for possible crosstiming before adding if you need, otherwise you can damage user project.

...which QuantizeTool already does, but only in seconds dimension yet (to support tempo and signature changes it needs common reference in beats instead seconds)

= QuantizeTool Gravity Area (don`t know what ghost mode is)
heythanx for the answer , i have your tool installed but mine gives differnet results ,

what do you mean by source position and project corruption , do you have a project with audio files where this could happen so i can test it ?
would be horrible if i corrupt a users project

internally i compute everything in quaternotes means i translate midinotes and stretchmarker position to quaternotes first and then do the computation and then convert back and write the new positions.
it only works from the beginning of the item to the end of the item , hidden notes or sm beyond the edges of the item are not taken into account by design
Ulf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 02:45 AM   #10
mpl

You may get not expected results because of confusion of using pattern/global modes. For project with constant tempo and time signature it should works good.

About stretch markers: they have not any protection and checking for wrong (negative) ratio. That's why you need to check source position of N marker is always less than srcpos of N+1 marker. Otherwise you'll get negative ratio, and project will crash when playing place where this marker pointed.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 04:34 AM   #11
Gianfini

Quote:

Great!!
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote