Old 10-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
tzzsmk
Human being with feelings

Default HPF/LPF any FX plugin

Hello friends,

immensely useful feature in Reaper is the dry/wet knob, available at header of any FX plugin inserted, saves lots of time and produces sometimes interesting creative results with specific plugins,

it would be really handy to have similar knob for low cut (hpf) and/or high cut (lpf),

thoughts?

cheers
Old 10-24-2018, 12:28 AM   #2
Eliseat

I would guess every Reaper user would suggest to put a ReaEq or JSFX Filter in front or after the plugin. Since you don't need a LP or HP for every plugin but mostly for every FX chain, it would be way to overpowered in my opinion. If you miss a HP or LP on every track, just create a FX chain and save it. Maybe as default. I also would suggest a script from mpl which puts a reaEQ with a shortcut or mouse click on a track.

Greetings
Eli
Eliseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:09 AM   #3
Paul99

Where to stop with adding features to a plugin? Add compressor and gate and it's already a channel strip. Let's not give plugins more features than necessary.
Like Eliseat says: just use the very light weighted ReaEQ on each track as a default FXchain and you're good to go.
BTW: I have done this in the past, but I deleted it again because it clutters your FX chain since you don;t need it on every channel although this is a separate discussion since there is no common sense: one group claims that you must have an HP and LP on each track where other advise against this idea. I would advise your ears to decide.
Paul99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 05:51 AM   #4
Xenakios

Adding something specific like filters would eventually lead into people asking for different filter types, more filters, different processings altogether, separate pre and post processings etc...So it would make more sense to add a feature that allows using existing plugins but somehow hide them from the main fx chain.

edit : Something like this :

It's actually a running plugin inside Reaper hosting ValhallaRoom, that I quickly whipped up...

The idea would be that the pre and post processing modules would also use existing plugins, but with only a few parameters exposed, selectable by the user.

Last edited by Xenakios; 10-24-2018 at 06:27 AM.
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
tzzsmk

I think you misunderstand the purpose, let's say I throw a reverb plugin,
put it at let's say 15% wet, but also need to low-cut that specific reverb plugin only,

sure another option would be to create entire separate reverb bus, but that's not an efficient solution imo