Human being with feelings

Default v5.961 - October 19 2018

v5.961 - October 19 2018
+ Linux: improve ALSA underrun handling
+ NINJAM: fix clipsort.log import
+ Notation: fix actions to insert note at nearest C, etc [p=2045279]
+ ReaEQ: fix phase calculation error, improve phase display range [t=193417]
+ ReaEQ: alt+click band to remove, ctrl+mousewheel to fine-adjust band width
+ ReaEQ: doubleclicking an empty area adds a new band/notch/shelf/hipass/lowpass
+ ReaEQ: hold ctrl+shift when adjusting point for fine adjustment of bandwidth
+ ReaEQ: notify parameter change when using mousewheel to adjust bandwidth
+ ReaEQ: options to increase band handle size, use 3dB or 4.5dB/octave slope on analyzer
+ ReaScript: fix incorrect playback following updating item state via GetSetMediaItemInfo() [t=209873]
+ ReaScript: fix double-character return from gfx.getchar() for some keys (e.g. F10) on Windows [t=212238]
+ ReaScript: fix ownership issues when using SetMediaItemTake_Source() from EEL/lua [t=212276]
+ ReaXcomp: fix UI glitch on macOS/linux
+ ReaXcomp: doubleclick band handle to bypass, shift+doubleclick to solo
+ ReaXcomp: improve band insertion behavior, insert band on doubleclick
+ ReaXcomp: options to increase band handle size, use 3dB or 4.5dB/octave slope on analyzer
+ VST3: fix color byte ordering for plug-ins that use IContextInfoHandler [t=211988]
+ VST3: revert to 5.95 behavior relating to latent VST3 parameter changes and state saving

Full changelog - Latest pre-releases
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 02:41 PM   #2
Neutronic

Doubleclicking seems to be working all around as expected. Thank you once again!

But let me give you an example of why I keep asking for modifiers for restricted horizontal/vertical full speed band adjustments.
As you can see from the licecap below it takes me 8 full length mouse sweeps to get across the spectrum at fine speed.
Now, of course, it's a synthetic example but still that's a lot of mouse moving.
So it'd be awesome and user friendly to get the proposed full speed modifiers. Thanks!

Neutronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #3
Justin
Administrator

Updating the 5.961 version to fix that MIDI editor hit-testing issue, stay tuned.

Edit: build updated with:
Quote:
+ MIDI editor: fix hit testing on looped items with partial start offsets [t=212002]

Last edited by Justin; 10-18-2018 at 04:02 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:36 AM   #4
bFooz

ReaEQ works nice. What about adding really really faint dashed line at -9dB with tabs shown to indicate that there are different filter created.

And it can be yellow to match different hipass band color. And with tabs hidden, -18dB line could be yellow. And a notch band color could be as well changed to yellow.

And the hi/lo-pass handle could be moved to that yellow line.

Last edited by bFooz; 10-19-2018 at 02:59 AM.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:54 AM   #5
bFooz

Idea: customizable default bandwidths.

With the new ReaEQ functionality people will use new workflow. Previously, I created a default preset with several bands with pre-set frequencies and widths.
Now, I'll have default preset empty and will create bands on the fly. For this to be more efficient, each filter type could have a default bandwidth customisable. It could be further subdived based on whether the filter is created by doubleckicking >0dB area or <0dB area.

It can be in the rightclick menu for a particular filter, "Set default bandwidth for this band type...", then a popup screen with one field for hipass, lopass, notch and two fields (>0dB, <0dB) for each shelf and band.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:04 AM   #6
amagalma

Wow! Great great additions for ReaEQ! It is now way more easy to use! Thanks!
Old 10-19-2018, 03:42 AM   #7
sonicowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bFooz View Post
ReaEQ works nice. What about adding really really faint dashed line at -9dB with tabs shown to indicate that there are different filter created.

And it can be yellow to match different hipass band color. And with tabs hidden, -18dB line could be yellow. And a notch band color could be as well changed to yellow.

And the hi/lo-pass handle could be moved to that yellow line.

^^^^ How about making that marker line customizable, so that you can input your own dB value, and have it as horizontal marker for spectrum analyzer?

Actually, any Rea plugin that shows freq spectrum analyzer with 3db slope could use custom horizontal marker line. Because magically, at 3db slope, peak spectrum of mix is quite horizontal.

Last edited by sonicowl; 10-19-2018 at 03:48 AM.
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 04:40 AM   #8
bFooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicowl View Post
^^^^ How about making that marker line customizable, so that you can input your own dB value, and have it as horizontal marker for spectrum analyzer?
This would have compeltely different usage as I intended with my suggestion. What I meant was to squeeze from current enhancements out as much as possible with as little effort as possible.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:32 AM   #9
_Stevie_

I know this is completely unrelated to the latest changes, but this is such a crucial thing:

Could we have locked items treated as completely locked?

Like: don't touch it, no splits (when using the split command, or copying/moving a region)

This would be very helpful for arranging. I often have items that perfectly align to the region, but then I also have items that start *before* the region, like a cymbal swell. When copying/moving the region, I prefer to lock these trailing items and take care of them manually. But the way it is now, they get split, eventhough they are locked.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:14 AM   #10
bFooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
+ ReaEQ: doubleclicking an empty area adds a new band/notch/shelf/hipass/lowpass
An inconvience - you have to click the third time to grab the band just created by doubleclicking.
Old 10-19-2018, 07:20 AM   #11
ovnis

delete

Last edited by ovnis; 10-19-2018 at 07:51 AM.
ovnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:52 AM   #12
mawi

Quote:
+ ReaEQ: options to increase band handle size, use 3dB or 4.5dB/octave slope on analyzer

+ ReaXcomp: options to increase band handle size, use 3dB or 4.5dB/octave slope on analyzer
A higher graphic resolution of the bass range would also be nice. Just like oversampling for smooth highs, and a high and low pass filter with adjustable steepness (6 - 96 dB/oct). (Addendum: A linear phase mode would be nice, too.)

An adjustable 3 or 4.5 dB/Oct slope for the "Frequency Spectrum Analyzer Meter" JS Plugin would also be nice.

Last edited by mawi; 10-19-2018 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Addendum
mawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:04 AM   #13
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Could we have locked items treated as completely locked?

Like: don't touch it, no splits (when using the split command, or copying/moving a region)
Also, anytime the project start is changed locked items are moved. Killing me that one. If something is locked, it needs to stay locked to the exact position regardless of anything else in addition to not being editable. Otherwise what's the point of locking the item if it can still be moved and edited?
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:06 AM   #14
bFooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawi View Post
A higher graphic resolution of the bass range would also be nice.
Yes, I support this one. ReaEQ is graphically centered at 1000Hz while e.g. ProQ2 at 500Hz. I often feel ReaEQ's frequency resolution graphically-wise is too low at the bottom.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:02 AM   #15
mawi

Quote:
Yes, I support this one. ReaEQ is graphically centered at 1000Hz while e.g. ProQ2 at 500Hz. I often feel ReaEQ's frequency resolution graphically-wise is too low at the bottom.
I have that feeling, too, because it's hard for me to find bass resonances with ReaEq. EQuilibrium also has a better resolution (see picture).
mawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #16
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klangfarben View Post
Also, anytime the project start is changed locked items are moved. Killing me that one. If something is locked, it needs to stay locked to the exact position regardless of anything else in addition to not being editable. Otherwise what's the point of locking the item if it can still be moved and edited?
Absolutely! Locked should be locked.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #17
mschnell

Quote:
v5.961 - October 19 2018
+ ReaXcomp: options to increase band handle size, use 3dB or 4.5dB/octave slope on analyzer[/URL]
Why not "solo" for a ReaEQ band, too, similar to as shown in Kennies Video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=La2tZh96D-Q via "MPL: ReaEQ stuff" -> https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=206389 ?

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 10-19-2018 at 10:24 PM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #18
daxliniere

Quote:
Absolutely! Locked should be locked.
Yep, kinda have to agree with this.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:18 AM   #19
daxliniere

Default AUTOMATION ITEMS

If you disable loop and extend right edge, the extended section 1) still looks a loop (but isn't) and 2) is uneditable.

Why don't we have copy/paste, especially CTRL+drag to another track, for auto items? Everytime I want to copy to another track, I have to save it as an AI, then load it on the other track (and sometimes it creates an unpooled copy. (possibly due to changes to the AI after it was saved??))

We can't add an AI to an existing pool?

In properties, if you change the Name to the same as another group, the name updates, then when you click on the AI, the name is changed back.

Item grouping doesn't work for AIs either.

Changing an automation point in an AI by using the text entry (Set envelope point value dialogbox) needs to refresh pooled items.

AIs cover the bottom row of text* for underlying audio/MIDI items. Should be moved up when AI overlaps OR permanently move the bottom horizontal bar of an AI up so it doesn't cover that. (things like item FX names, velocity multiplier for MIDI items)

Last edited by daxliniere; 10-20-2018 at 05:05 AM. Reason: (condensed into one post)
Old 10-20-2018, 04:57 AM   #20
John Patrick

Reaper's bit-bridge seems to be broken here, clean install also, Rc2 working fine.
John Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:09 AM   #21
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Why don't we have copy/paste, especially CTRL+drag to another track, for auto items? Everytime I want to copy to another track, I have to save it as an AI, then load it on the other track (and sometimes it creates an unpooled copy. (possibly due to changes to the AI after it was saved??))
This post probably belongs in a different forum, but you can definitely copy AIs to other tracks via copy/paste (not via ctrl+drag, but ctrl+c, ctrl+v), you just need to select the destination envelope before pasting.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:15 AM   #22
John Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Patrick View Post
Reaper's bit-bridge seems to be broken here, clean install also, Rc2 working fine.
RC3 is working fine also.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:38 AM   #23
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
This post probably belongs in a different forum
Sure, will move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
you just need to select the destination envelope before pasting.
Fantastic, thank you.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #24
John Patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Patrick View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Bob View Post
If your plugins are 32-bit (x86) then perhaps the bridging software was not loaded when you installed.

Try re-installing and open the "optional extras" group and make sure the bridge and firewall items are checked. Some people have seen this being unchecked and then havbe not seen any of their 32-bit plugins.

dB

Yesss, this worked!!
Old 10-23-2018, 07:07 AM   #25
amagalma

Quote:
v5.961 - October 19 2018

Could we have a slope setting for JS: Frequency Spectrum Analyzer Meter too? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2018, 03:02 AM   #26
colonelporridge

Is anyone else having trouble with the new REAEQ? Im getting volume spikes when changing between certain filter, basically it happens if you make a lowpass filter and put it low on the spectrum 80/100hz and then switch the filter to highpass or vice versa. its causing spikes in volume bad enough to mute the channel in some cases and my source material is at a reasonable level -6
colonelporridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 11:17 AM   #27
bFooz

EDIT: User error.

BUG: Since som recent update, tracks hidden in TCP are shown at the beginning in the Track Manager.

Last edited by bFooz; 10-29-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #28
sonicowl

Quote:
BUG: Since som recent update, tracks hidden in TCP are shown at the beginning in the Track Manager.

See the little up-arrow in your TCP column? You have it sorted in Track Manager by that column. Sort them by track number.
sonicowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:48 PM   #29
bFooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicowl View Post
See the little up-arrow in your TCP column? You have it sorted in Track Manager by that column. Sort them by track number.
Oh, thanks, such a reaperish thing. I actually have that TCP collumn hidden all the time so was not able to see it is sorted by it.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:22 PM   #30
_Stevie_

@bFooz

I really Ike the way you arranged your toolbars. Care to explain how you did that?
Old 10-31-2018, 02:26 AM   #31
bFooz

Quote:
I really Ike the way you arranged your toolbars. Care to explain how you did that?
When you drag the toolbar to put it to some docker, it creates a tab there. But when you CTRL+drag, it creates new section in that docker.

Is this what you want?
Old 10-31-2018, 02:39 AM   #32
_Stevie_

Yes, that, too! But I'm rather fascinated how you achieved to put so many toolbars side by side.
So, if I'm not completely wrong, it is:

---- top toolbar -------
-- docker toolbars ---
-- main toolbar -------

Is that correct?
Old 10-31-2018, 02:49 AM   #33
bFooz

Quote:
Yes, that, too! But I'm rather fascinated how you achieved to put so many toolbars side by side.
So, if I'm not completely wrong, it is:

---- top toolbar -------
-- docker toolbars ---
-- main toolbar -------

Is that correct?
You mean on top of each other?

The top is just the transport, it has the option to dock at "Top of main window".

Next is a toolbar positioned at "Top of main window" (It has e.g. Options). You cannot put more toolbars in here, not next to each other nor as tabs, so I have mine with so many buttons to populate the whole width of myscreen.

The third row is a regular docker. You put tabs here and sections with ctrl+draging.

And then there is that island of the Main toolbar (with e.g. the color picker)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:05 AM   #34
_Stevie_

Perfect, then I got it right, thanks! Love that toolbar arrangement.
Would never have come up with that.
For inspiration purposes, I would love to see a screenshot of your whole screen, if that's possible?
Old 10-31-2018, 03:22 AM   #35
bFooz

Quote:
For inspiration purposes, I would love to see a screenshot of your whole screen, if that's possible?
Check pm.