Old 08-05-2018, 12:49 PM   #1
TimDyson
Human being with feelings

Default Digi 002 rack

I am running a Mac G5 with OS X Version10.5.6 Leopard. I am using this with Reaper, and trying to use it with a Digidesgin 002 Rack. I have downloaded just about every stand alone driver for the 002 but as of yet, I have not been able to load one that Reaper will recognize. I'll install the driver and then open up Reaper, and go to options on Reaper, but it will not recognize it, can some one give me any advise? I'm kind of stuck at this point.
TimDyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
grinder

This may be nonsense Tim In my days (years) with a PC not Mac
Reaper or any DAW would recognize my 002 Rack unless (I Think) I turned on the Rack before I started the PC up.

Sorry mind a bit hazy could mean nothing.

Grinder
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #3
vdubreeze

I feel your pain, Tim. That era of Digi hardware was easy then but is ridiculously finicky now. I just passed down my 002 and getting it recognized by their Mac was pure torture. What worked in our case was, aside from trashing every conceivable digi pref file, was to both trash every Apple Audio/midi library file before tossing their audio/midi studio setup file itself, and not installing anything until a restart after all were gone. Then started by opening audio/midi setup and starting a fresh setup, adding the 002 as a device. Then it was finally recognized by their audio apps. I had been only trashing and recreating the audio midi studio setup file after the digi driver routine kept not working. Trashing all the Apple audio midi setup related prefs and other generated app support files (or wherever they were) was what finally got the 002 up.

I believe (I may be mistaken) that unless any driver requiring interfaces (i.e. not USB class compliant) can be seen and then added to the audio midi setup you won’t be able to get them up in a DAW.

Last edited by vdubreeze; 09-13-2018 at 03:29 PM.
vdubreeze is offline   Reply With Quote