Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 09-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #1
Padre_PC
Human being with feelings

Default CSurf plugin for Novation Automap 3

-------------------------- EDIT --------------------------

* Last edit: 2012-04-22. Latest stable release: Revision 137. Installer includes 32/64-bit versions and PDF user guide.

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/AutomapCSu....137-setup.exe
http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/AutomapCSu....137-setup.exe
http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/AutomapCSu....137-setup.dmg (beta)

* Source code. Revision 81 (license: LGPL):

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csurf_automap.src.zip

* Info:

This plugin is aimed at Novation Automap users who wish to use their controller (RemoteSL, RemoteSL ZeRO, Nocturn, RemoteSL MKII, iPhone, etc) as a Control Surface within Reaper.

- RemoteSL (ZeRO), RemoteSL Compact, iPhone, Nocturn supported.
- 32-bit/64-bit Windows supported.
- Mac OSX Universal Binary under beta-testing.

* Requirements:

- Reaper v4.0+
- Automap v3.7.4+

* Installation:

- Run the installer and read user's guide carefully.

* Optional:

- Send your feedback so I can enhance the plugin.

* Known bugs:

- Plugin leaves empty Automap pages when reducing number of tracks during a session: "this is not a bug, this is a feature", or more likely a dirty trick to prevent Automap Server from crashing when an active page is supposed to be deleted by remapping. Sent an email to Novation about that.

- Automap cannot allocate more than 2048 parameters per preset. With current mappings, 2048 parameters means: 202 (iPhone), 328 (RemoteSL), or 504 (Nocturn) tracks max. I may add an option to split between multiple presets if there's a maniac out there using so many tracks

- Automap won't refresh on: GUI FX chain on/off, Track Send and Track Hardware Send parameters change (vol, pan, mute, mode, etc.). The Reaper SDK is not ready for that (feature request for Cockos).

- iPhone buttons and Nocturn/MKII LEDs behave strangely: buttons are used as momentary commands but the Automap SDK won't see that. (fixed?)

* Feature Requests:

- Novation: New Client:: method to send text to LCD screen (currently only available through sysex)
- Cockos: TrackFX_XXX() functions for TCP/MCP FX Parameters knobs (parameter name, formatted value)
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on "save as..."
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on FX chain on/off
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on FX selection
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Send Vol change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Send Pan change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Send Mute change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Send Pan change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Hardware Send Vol change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Hardware Send Pan change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Hardware Send Mute change
- Cockos: IReaperControlSurface::SetSurfaceXXX() notification on Track Hardware Send Pan change

* Bug Reports:

- Novation: Automap Server crashes when active page is deleted by remapping (?)
- Cockos: GetSetTrackSendInfo("I_SENDMODE") does not refresh IO window

This post will be edited each time a new version is available.

Padre P.C.

-------------------------- /EDIT --------------------------

-------------------------- ORIGINAL POST --------------------------

Hi there,

I am a musician/software developper. I'm not currently using Reaper as my main DAW but got interested in this fine piece of software few weeks ago.

I noticed the current HUI implementation recommended for Novation RemoteSL is rather weak, so I started playing around with the Reaper SDK. Check this out:

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csurf_automap_demo.dll

My current implemention includes: all transport commands, Vol/Pan/Mute/Solo/Arm, automatic refresh, real track names/values (dB for vol, % for pan, etc.) on the RemoteSL.

The tempo pot on the RemoteSL is used to switch between "Track View" (= all tracks listed) and "Mixer View" (= "MCPMode" = only tracks visible on the mixer window)

This current version is a DEMO, limited to 5 tracks max. I haven't bought a Reaper licence yet. Since I got more time & C++ skills than money I was thinking about buying my way in through this plugin, e.g. setting up some kind of donationware system. As soon as I get enough to buy the licence (the $60 one) everything would be free, unlimited, and open-source. Any Automap users interested?

-------------------------- /ORIGINAL POST --------------------------

Last edited by Padre_PC; 04-22-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Padre_PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
nicholas

Hi Padre (and welcome) -

Just downloaded this, I might get a chance to play with it tomorrow.

But by background I'm an audio engineer much more than a computer freak. Where do I place this file? And how do I install it? Sorry to ask such obviously dum questions ... but then again, I might not be the only one!
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:26 AM   #3
madias

Dear Padre,
totally agree with you, that the automap implimentation of reaper is´nt good (yet).
I´ve tried out your dll (-> nicholas: put the *.dll file into /reaper/plugins and select "novation automap demo" in the preferences -> control surfaces).
the transport now keys working well, FF and Rewind are still..useless (but it´s rather a reaper problem).
Seeing "db" instead of "0-127" on the volume sliders is really helpful!

My suggestion for you: Write cockos a mail and ask them, how about getting a license for free as a countermove programming a better automap implimentation)
madias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:43 AM   #4
musicbynumbers

Nice job! Although i have a automap sl i only use it for automap but if you could write a better plug in for the frontier designs alphatrack that just adds the ability to make the top 4 buttons assignable and not just the function keys i'll chuck you some money!

(if you don't ask.. You don't get!) lol

But they might give you a license for doing this automap plug in
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:53 AM   #5
nicholas

Quote:
Originally Posted by madias View Post
put the *.dll file into /reaper/plugins and select "novation automap demo" in the preferences -> control surfaces
Thanks! Will do!
nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:21 AM   #6
Padre_PC

Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Quote:
FF and Rewind are still..useless (but it´s rather a reaper problem).
Do you mean Reaper is not responding to the FF/RWD commands from your RemoteSL? It should: I implemented and successfully tested those (with Automap v3.2): Play, Stop, Rec, Loop, Forward, Rewind.

GoStart/GoEnd are the only commands from Reaper's transport bar you that are not responding, simply because since they don't exist on the RemoteSL.

I actually had hesitations on whether I should make the RemoteSL's FF/RWD buttons control Reaper's FF/RWD or GoStart/GoEnd, the later ones being possibly more useful than FF/RWD for some people.

I'm investigating Automap's preset system to make both FF/RWD and GoStart/GoEnd versions available in one single CSurf instance, together with Track/Mixer viewing options (currently handled by the SL's tempo button). That would mean 4 presets available.

Quote:
My suggestion for you: Write cockos a mail and ask them, how about getting a license for free as a countermove programming a better automap implimentation)
Hmmm... actually I did That was in August, no answer so far. Maybe they're not interested or maybe I used an obsolete email address (I think that was licensing@cockos.com), I don't know.

I also contacted Novation about the plugin. No answer either, although at one point I got great support from one of their technicians about the Automap SDK. Very nice guy indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
if you could write a better plug in for the frontier designs alphatrack that just adds the ability to make the top 4 buttons assignable and not just the function keys i'll chuck you some money!
As I said I got more time & programming skills than money + this Reaper SDK is actually fun to play with. Only problem is: I have no Alphatrack.

Working on a CSurf plugin without the actual device might be tricky!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:08 AM   #7
musicbynumbers

That's understandable if you don't have an alphatrack! Lol

I would beta test it for you if you felt like trying this (hopefully) small mod. I was hoping you might be able to open up the code and easily re-program it just for these four buttons. i might have a look at all this stuff myself and see if i can get anything from it but i'm up for helping you out if you feel like it but hope you get somewhere with cockos and your remote sl plug in.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #8
Padre_PC

I've taken a quick look at the Alphatrack source code. It's definitely doable, real piece of cake I think.

My understanding is that the F1-F4 keys are sending 8 MIDI CCs to Reaper (CC #0->3 Shift Off, #4->7 Shift On), then you need to assign the above to your favorite shortcut from Options->Preferences->Keyboard/Control, right?

Any Alphatrack button can be reprogrammed to do the same, starting from CC #8.

musicbynumbers, here's what we're gonna do: let me sip on coffee for a minute, then put a good record on and give this mod a try, ok? Check your PMs later today...
Old 09-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #9
smasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
Hi Padre (and welcome) -

Just downloaded this, I might get a chance to play with it tomorrow.

But by background I'm an audio engineer much more than a computer freak. Where do I place this file? And how do I install it? Sorry to ask such obviously dum questions ... but then again, I might not be the only one!
I'm a musician here.Need help too from the maths freaks.
There is no documentation to read when I install this to Reaper's plugin folder.

ARGH.
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
smasha

Sorry to the OP but this plugin DOES NOT FIX the Impulse KBs woes.

Novation's problem.

Waiting for them to fix.
smasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #11
harry600

Default Reaper 3.11 crashes with the latest version of the CSurf plugin

This afternoon i would use the latest version of the plugin because of the new features that was added.
I performed the steps 1 to 4 as you descriped earlier above to install the "Novation Automap (DEMO)". Until this stage with an empty song it works. Than i want to load my current production and Reaper crashes. After that Reaper crashes every time when i want to install the "Novation Automap (DEMO)". Regardless whether i start Reaper with a Song or with an empty project.

Padre if you want i can send you the error logs about the crash. Maybe it can be helpfull.
harry600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #12
Padre_PC

Ouch! Yes please send me the error logs. Had you tried the previous demos? Did they crash too?
Old 09-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
merdave

Here's the screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg page1.jpg (97.0 KB, 1038 views)
File Type: jpg page2.jpg (97.2 KB, 944 views)
merdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #14
musicbynumbers

Default idea!

Just had an idea that could be cool

what about on the dynamic fx page having one of the infinite rotory encoders assigned to the mouse scroll wheel?

this way if you have the mouse hovered over a particular parameter (be it plug in or mixer parameter) you can easily adjust it by using this encoder.

could make for easy adjustments
Old 11-09-2009, 01:44 AM   #15
Document02

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Just had an idea that could be cool

what about on the dynamic fx page having one of the infinite rotory encoders assigned to the mouse scroll wheel?

this way if you have the mouse hovered over a particular parameter (be it plug in or mixer parameter) you can easily adjust it by using this encoder.

could make for easy adjustments
This seems more of a Reaper suggestion than an automap plugin suggestion. I like it a lot though. maybe create a FR?
Old 11-09-2009, 03:02 AM   #16
Padre_PC

Document02 is right, I would need an proper Reaper action for this.

Speaking of which, if you guys need true show/hide toggle for "I/O", "FX", "ENV", etc. windows you will need to create threads in the Reaper FR forum. Right now I'm using the only actions that are available, and they don't allow toggling:

- "Track: View I/O for current track"
- "Track: View FX chain for current track"
- "Track: View envelopes chain for current track"
- "Track: set selected track grouping parameters"
Old 03-16-2010, 02:21 AM   #17
mplay

Default dusty nocturn

Thanks for this Padre, maybee I can get some use out my nocturn yet

mplay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #18
Padre_PC

I haven't tried Automap 3.4.1 yet. Last time I checked it was only on the beta page, not an official release. They also have a new SDK out but it won't compile in my Windows setup.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:36 PM   #19
b.e.c.i.d

Hi Padre,

Thanks for your reply back in January - I've been out of the business for last two months, and in the meantime I've upgraded my DAW HW/OS to the 64bit version of W7. Your plugin works fine but I want to get where I had been before I changed my OS. Back then I was able to re-compile your plugin and bring some (pretty much random ) changes in. Now I'm trying to re-create it on the x64 platform without much success. I've upgraded the MS Visual C++ Express to the latest x64 version (2010) which seems to handle sources in a slightly different way. So I thought I would ask a quick question (and possibly save myself lots of investigation): does the source code that you publish allow me to compile the plugin for 64 bits? Do I have to change anything in the configuration? Or should I rather step back with the MS VC++ version?

Any light that you could shed here is highly appreciated.
Best regards!
b.e.c.i.d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:31 AM   #20
new to reaper

Hi Padre PC

another helpful reaper user put me onto this automap alternative and I downloaded it because I just couldnt get my other one to work with anything, Reaper and reason I wanted it to work with mainly and I just could not get the encoders to communicate with the program

So I downloaded your automap program to try to see if it could be better, and I followed your instructions and Immediately I was able to get the play/stop/ff/RW/and arm buttons to operate the meter on Reaper, but still cant get the encoders to communicate with the mixer.

now when Reaper loads the little screen on my novation SL compact assigns parameters to the encoder knobs such as "1 vol" "2 vol" "3 vol" etc etc...
and when i turn their values change on the screen on my novation but the mixer in reaper doesnt change?

Ultimately I want to be able to use this with Reason to control parameters in reason so then my second question is if i get this working with reaper will i also be able to have it work with reason while it is rewired in reaper? or will that confuse it too much and stuff things up? being wired to two different programs at once?

your help will be very appreciated
new to reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 06:58 AM   #21
new to reaper

ah ok since posting that last post (ie 10 minutes ago) i fiddled a bit with it and now I have my encoders controlling reason parameters and my play buttons and so on controlling reaper, so Im pretty happy with that so far (although it would be good to work out how to control the mixer volume with the encoders as well while still being to control reason parameters with them by switching windows.)

however now i have another question and a potentially stupid one at that

when you try to assign a new function to something in the autmap UI when you press that "parameter" to get a list of available parameters the list of parameters is sometimes so long that it actually spills off the screen and there is no way to scroll around the list which is really silly, does anyone know what to do about this? my resolution is already maxed out.

also I tried reassigning the parameter from inside reason itself by right clicking on the parameter (master volume on thor synth in this instance) and selecting "edit remote overdrive mapping",

then i choose novation automap control under control surface and tick learn from control surface input in the hope that turning the encoder will make reason "pick it up" but it doesnt, anyone know how to go about this?
new to reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:32 AM   #22
Document02

I posted a bit about controlling both reason and reaper with a novation remote unit here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=48759
Old 08-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #23
prostin

Default does not work at all

I downloaded you dll, instgalled as described and nothing is working. When in the automap server I dont see the HUI button to uncheck as you mention ??? also when in reapper, I have a message coming often saying remotesl port 1 not available or something similar, any comments on that ???
prostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:14 AM   #24
Document02

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostin View Post
I downloaded you dll, instgalled as described and nothing is working.
check you are using the right dll (x86 or x64) and the latest automap

Quote:
When in the automap server I dont see the HUI button to uncheck as you mention ???
in Automap's settings menu.

Quote:
also when in reapper, I have a message coming often saying remotesl port 1 not available or something similar, any comments on that ???
Your unit might either be already declared in Reaper (preference/audio/midi devices) or in another audio program you are running. Additionally, as stated in the manual page 3,

"On Remote SL series, these ports are named RemoteSL Port 2 and RemoteSL Port 3. RemoteSL Port 1 is dedicated to standard MIDI protocols and can/should remain enabled depending on how you intend to use the device. For a full understanding of Automap ports vs. MIDI ports, I suggest you read the Novation manuals very carefully."
Old 08-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #25
j_65_uk

Hi,

I've just purchased a Novation Nocturn controller and have experimenting with the excellent CSurf trying to use it to control the transport controls (Play/Stop/Fwd/Rwd etc) in Reaper.

Unfortunately I've not had much luck - I've followed the setup manual and it appears to work in so far as several options are available, including fwd and rwd, however unless I'm missing something obvious I can't see any Play/Stop functions. I'm quite new to this and am still experimenting, but I've tried every combination of settings I can find and just don't seem to be able to get those actions in the list...

I'm using Automap 3.4.1 (not the pro version) and a Novation Nocturn. Screen shot attached showing control surface settings and the automap mixer view with available actions...

Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (59.9 KB, 237 views)
j_65_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #26
kingconjo

damn there is just no way I can get my remote 49 sl compact to communicate properly with reaper.. Especially the wrap around doesn't turn up no matter what I try..
Got padre's plugin, that's at least something- now I can control the Daw's features.

But I want to twiddle the knobs making thick layers of acid!
Use the drum pads to play, well drums!

this stuff is getting me down.

set-up

- win7
- reaper3.69
- Automap Pro 3.5
- Novation 49 sl compact
- Roland (cakewalk) UA-25 EX

please some tips, tried everything on the forum
Old 09-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #27
Gatherix

Default Help

Hi, I'm trying to get my Novation Nocturn to work with Reaper. The traditional way to set it up with Reaper (the Novation way) and this plugin have both worked except for one aspect; Using the keys on the Nocturn is about half the volume of using the virtual keyboard in Reaper. Help?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Gatherix; 09-08-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Gatherix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #28
daxliniere

Hey guys,
What Automap versions are you running with success?
Does anyone still have the link for v3.3 (which is the version recommended Padre)

Thanks in advance,
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 AM   #29
musicbynumbers

Default Anyone tried automap 4 yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Hey guys,
What Automap versions are you running with success?
Does anyone still have the link for v3.3 (which is the version recommended Padre)

Thanks in advance,
Running last one before 4 and it's fine here

Has anyone tried automap 4 yet though?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 PM   #30
Timski

Default A happy punter

I have just downloaded and installed csurf and I am most impressed.

Finally my novation nocturn is working with reaper in the way that I hoped it would when I bought it 3 years ago...........

Is there some way to reward you for your efforts?

Thanks again

Timski
Timski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #31
Timski

Default PS

Mind you, I can't get my head around the "FN01" "FN02" buttons and all the stuff about midi aliases.
I'm sure it will be useful when I get my head around it...........
Timski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #32
Padre_PC

Hello everybody! Just a quick message to let you know what I've been up to: work! Lot of work... and music, for a full year or so! I still have my RemoteSL, I'm still using it, I still have the source code for the Automap CSurf, and as soon as I get the time I will install the latest Automap driver/OS, update everything that requires an update, and think about new features by reading your messages. Take care!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:47 PM   #33
Padre_PC

harry600: can you please try this: close Reaper, remove the .dll, start Reaper, close again, paste the .dll, start Reaper and Add the CSurf.

Between versions I've been changing the "config string" Reaper is using, maybe it's trying to force an old "config string" into a new version of the plugin.

merdave: thanks, I'll make the Nocturn mappings soon.

Last edited by Padre_PC; 09-25-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:42 AM   #34
harry600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre_PC View Post
harry600: can you please try this: close Reaper, remove the .dll, start Reaper, close again, paste the .dll, start Reaper and Add the CSurf.

Between versions I've been changing the "config string" Reaper is using, maybe it's trying to force an old "config string" into a new version of the plugin.

merdave: thanks, I'll make the Nocturn mappings soon.
Sorry this solution doesn´t work :-( Reaper crashes. I will send you the error log from Windows. Can you send me your PM?

Last edited by harry600; 09-26-2009 at 07:57 AM.
harry600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #35
Padre_PC

Great news: it's official I've now became a Reaper user. Thanks to Justin!!!

No donations needed, here's the real thing, with new features & unlimited tracks:

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csurf_automap.dll

I'm cleaning up + documenting source code to make it public ASAP.

Don't forget about the "Novation Automap: ..." actions: new stuff in here too.

New: a beta "Select FX" + "FX Param1" implementation for RemoteSL mappings. Can you people tell me how it works for you? The FX UI responds very slowly to "FX Param1" changes on my setup (I tried with Cockos VST & JS FXs). How about the Alphatrack CSurf, I know it has a similar 3-knob FX setting: does it interact with the UI that slowly too? I'd like to know if it comes from my plugin or if Reaper/FXs behaves this way with any CSurf. I've made VSTs with MIDI-In in the past for another DAW they were responding quite slowly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry600 View Post
Sorry this solution doesn´t work :-( Reaper crashes. I will send you the error log from Windows. Can you send me your PM?
Can you please try the new version and give me your feedback? I've modified a few things to ensure memory-safe operations, maybe one of those was the culprit. I've played all day long with this version without any crash (the other ones never crashed on me either though).

Go to my profile -> contact info -> send PM.

Novation device? Reaper version? Windows version? Service pack? etc. Please give me as many details as you can.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #36
wellieman

Padre_PC,

Some more feedback. Firstly, the Alphatrack is working great. I personally prefer the original functionality of the third row (Track>/<, Loop and Flip), which you have now restored. And the rest of the buttons are now programmable x2. So thanks for that.

Secondly I've had a good play with the Automap iPhone mod. Basically the functions all work but there a few issues and strange behaviours of the display. Plus we only have partial two-way communication working. I've sent you a PM describing the issues in more detail.

To help you there are some screenshots attached below.

Now, this testing was done on the previous versions, before your most recent update. Great news about your becoming a licence holder. I appreciate trying to update the code to work with an iPhone is difficult without having one - perhaps you can strike a similar deal with Apple or Novation to give you one for testing....!

Best Regards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iPhone_Automap4.jpg (70.1 KB, 322 views)
wellieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #37
Death Row Tull

Default sounds good, can't get it up

Hi: the plugin sounds good, but i cain't get it (or the controller without it) to work. Lots of options for midi i/o that aren't covered in the cockous/novation info sheet. I'm using the latest 64 bit reaper, vista home premium, Remote Zero SL (updated with latest [3.3] automap). I've selected the 'use automapHUI' setting in automap server, and made the indicated settings in Reaper 'control surface' options. I've tried all possible combinations of automap/remote ports in the reaper MIDI devices section... i get a message of unable to start automapHUI ... any ideas? Thanks much -Jim

more info: I have the .dll in my basic reaper plugins folder (program files/steinberg) but i don't see the option to select it in the control surfaces option, and i don't see that i can open the plugin anywhere (VSTi, VST, all)...

what a drag, i can tell this will be great for me if i can get it to work!

Last edited by Death Row Tull; 10-30-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: adding info
Death Row Tull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #38
Guido

Default Me too?

Hi,
First off, thank u PPC for what looks like a very usefull app. Now that i have my HUI enabled d8b working as it should w Reaper I was wondering if I could apply any of this code to a non Novation but HUI enabled Control Surface.Im not a programmer but i can cut and paste..lol..and I have no life ..lol2.

Thx again Padre

Guido
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:31 AM   #39
Padre_PC

@sceyefeye: is the X-Station Automap-compatible? I've taken a quick look at the specs on Novation's website I don't think it is

@Death Row Tull:

- please read post #1 very carefully: copy "reaper_csurf_automap.dll" to "<Reaper path>\Plugins". Your "program files/steinberg" folder and VST have nothing to do with this plugin

- 'use automapHUI' doesn't need to be checked in

- for Reaper x64 don't use the official dll from post #1 but this one:

http://www.p-c-m.org/temp/reaper_csu..._x64_rev64.dll

If "Novation Automap" still doesn't show up in your list of control surfaces, I suggest you wait for other reports regarding this x64 version since it's very new and hasn't been tested yet.

@Guido: you're welcome! Take anything you need from the source code it's under LGPL. If you're not familiar with C++ development I'd suggest you first take a look at a "simple" CSurf implementation though (e.g. "Baby HUI" from the Cockos SDK)
Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 AM   #40
jedstar2000

Hi Pardre

Thanks again for this amazing project.

I would also be interested in adapting the code for my old Radikal Technoloys Sak 2 controller, And trying to find a way of implementing the track names from the Hui csurf into your automap csurf.

Its been about 10 years since I used c++ so I wondered if you could point me in the wright direction as to what program to use . I can remember using dos promt and a compliler at uni but would like something that makes it easy to cut and paste sections of code and spot syntax errors.
jedstar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote