Old 08-30-2019, 10:17 PM   #201
Raynorshyn
Human being with feelings

Hmmm.

I have Reaper 5.983/x64. SWS 2.10.0 #1. dll from post 1 saved and dropped into UserPlugins.

Restart, run Action, box opens up titled fxlist[dopp], dark grey with light grey portion at bottom. Right click shows all the options but box does not populate with the plugins inserted in the Track.

Only a dll available from post 1, no script.

Do I just need to wait or am I doing something wrong.

W10 x64
Raynorshyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 10:35 PM   #202
doppelganger

@Raynorshyn, in right click menu find "Dock", you need to dock that window to left side of tcp
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 12:59 AM   #203
Raynorshyn

Thank you!!

I thought it would show up in floating window as well.
Raynorshyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:16 PM   #204
mehmethan

Hi doppelganger. I just found these wonderful scripts of yours.

fx browser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Us7r4WgRLm0

fxlist mixer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XEd-Q3pan4

Your fxlist script is my favorite script and gamechanger. I'm using it all the time. Those other scripts of yours are also wonderful. I kindly want to ask you if you will share them with us.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:00 PM   #205
SmajjL

Works well on Linux and with https://cfillion.ca/files/sws/linux-latest/
And the new, show TCP on the right side of arrange works also, *check* Thanks for the color options upgrade!
Old 09-09-2019, 07:22 PM   #206
Joe90

Amazing work Doppelganger! Really great, thank you.

When a Vsti is renamed/aliased it stops appearing green and just appears grey like a normal FX plugin - this differentiation of instruments vs FX is one of the things I love most about this script - is there any way to rectify this?

Thanks!
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #207
Infrabass

Oh my gosh!!
I was currently building a similar GUI script but yours is way better! (amazing idea to see all the visible tracks FX list at the same time).
It works flawless, the features are amazing and it looks sleek!
Congrats!

There is only one thing: (yeah I know, there is always something…) ;-)
Due to the installation system you're using it seems we cannot mod the script to fit our workflow.
For exemple, I'm not using a mouse with a middle click so I cannot use the multi-selection feature.

Is there a way to mod the script or can you maybe upload the script in .lua format too?
Would be awesome!

Cheers!
Infrabass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #208
doppelganger

@mehmethan
Hi, i abandoned that scripts, because i don't use them, they are half-baked because of reascript limitations and i don't want to waste my time on them ATM. Maybe, if devs someday put some Exciter on their Reascript API and if i still be there on a forum, i'll release them, ofcourse if it still will be relevant.

@Joe90
reaper's reascript api doesn't allow to identify, what kind of plugin i use, so the only workaround(more or less adequate) i can think of, is to use effect names, so can't do anything about it. There's alot of features i would like to add or improve, but everything abuts in again reascript limitation.

@SmajjL
I'm actually surprised, that it works on KDE, cool , never tried, (probably Qt has some compatibility layer with gtk or what)

@Infrabass
I asked twice here in a thread, if someone could test shortcuts on mac, but nobody was interested, so i scrapped that.

And to be honest i don't really care about mac)), but if you wish to test shortcuts, do next:

First, re-download plugin again, because i added shortcuts specifically for mac.

And try this shortcuts, i'm curious mostly about:
1.cmd+MB: on some effect should open fxchain window
2.control+MB: should show context menu (there's 3 context menus, 1 at the top , 1 at fx column and 1 at sends column)
3.control+cmd+MB/control+cmd+drag MB: should select 1 or more effects on 1 track, you can then move/copy/bypass/offline selected effects with other shortcuts
4.control+cmd+shift+MB/control+cmd+shift+drag MB: allows you select effects on multiple tracks, but effects selected with multi-track marks can be used only for bypassing.
5. hold control+shift+MB shows big tooltip with generic info about effects on a track

P.S. I used mac for awhile long time ago and was really curious, how do you, guys, use mouse with one button, it's so frustrating, it's like having hands with 1 finger, lol. Sorry, could not hold myself
Old 09-10-2019, 12:13 PM   #209
SmajjL

Not sure what distro or DE i was on when i wrote it though, been dillydally'ed like a pro should I go all Linux or not..
Distro hopped also like a *beep!/censored*
I think it actually has a GTK2/3 fallback since I go there everytime I re-install a KDE to choose, dark please
Well done anyway doppel!
Old 09-10-2019, 01:12 PM   #210
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelganger View Post
I asked twice here in a thread, if someone could test shortcuts on mac, but nobody was interested, so i scrapped that.

And to be honest i don't really care about mac)), but if you wish to test shortcuts, do next:
Oh, I never noticed your request to check on mac, anyway now I did using latest fxlist bundle.
– All shortcuts are working as expected using Magic Mouse 2. This is really great!!

Quote:
And try this shortcuts, i'm curious mostly about:
-works, I haven't encountered a plug-in type that doesn't
Quote:
2.control+MB: should show context menu (there's 3 context menus, 1 at the top , 1 at fx column and 1 at sends column)
-works, all three
Quote:
3.control+cmd+MB/control+cmd+drag MB: should select 1 or more effects on 1 track, you can then move/copy/bypass/offline selected effects with other shortcuts
-yes works fine, green dots appear
Quote:
4.control+cmd+shift+MB/control+cmd+shift+drag MB: allows you select effects on multiple tracks, but effects selected with multi-track marks can be used only for bypassing.
–works, yellow dots appear
Quote:
5. hold control+shift+MB shows big tooltip with generic info about effects on a track
–yes works, tooltips have to be switched on, ofc.
Quote:
P.S. I used mac for awhile long time ago and was really curious, how do you, guys, use mouse with one button, it's so frustrating, it's like having hands with 1 finger, lol. Sorry, could not hold myself
New gen Magic Mouse(2) has secondary button, scroll, configurable swipe function, and runs at least two weeks on a full charge. I believe it covers the most basic needs, and I almost forgot; it's very easy to keep clean
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #211
SmajjL

Yup, works on Manjaro KDE *check*
And no need for SWS in this case.. ohh

System settings/Application style/Gnome/GTK Application style GTK2/3 and what have we.
Old 09-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #212
Joe90

Quote:
@Joe90
reaper's reascript api doesn't allow to identify, what kind of plugin i use, so the only workaround(more or less adequate) i can think of, is to use effect names, so can't do anything about it. There's alot of features i would like to add or improve, but everything abuts in again reascript limitation.
Ah ok - I now realise that it works by detecting the 'VSTi' prefix on instrument FX names, which I've removed for some of mine - so I'll just rename them with the prefix and resave the track templates - no worries.

Again, really great script - I (like many here) have been wanting a way of showing the FX strip next to the TCP, but this is even better - the fact that it clearly differentiates instruments from other FX makes it a step above a the standard mixer FX view.

Is there a means of donating?

Side question - Does anyone know if there is a script or a simple theme edit I can do so that instrument FX in the main mixer are a different colour too?
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 06:02 PM   #213
Infrabass

Quote:
@Infrabass
That was quick!!
A big thank you doppelganger! It's amazing and already used all the day long!
You deserve a lot more than my thank though. Still no donate link?

I can confirm the feedback from PhelixK, everything is working perfectly except for me the tooltips shortcut.

Quote:
@Infrabass
Haha! I'm asking myself the same thing regarding other mouses.
I cannot live without the vertical + horizontal scroll of the magic mouse 2!
And yeah there is a right click on the magic mouse 2. I agree with you having only one click is a no no!

Also I don't want to insist too much but what about the possibility to mod your script?
:-)
For exemple, I will set the script to open the FX window in a exclusive mode and use a keyboard shortcut to open an FX window without closing the others. (99% of the time I only need one FX window open)

Take care!
Old 09-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #214
Infrabass

PS: I'm gonna talk about your script to a lot of people.
It's a shame that only a few people know about it!
Did you contact Jon Tidley from The Reaper Blog?
Maybe he could showcased your script as he did with Radial Menu from Lokasenna?
Old 09-10-2019, 07:36 PM   #215
PhelixK

I played around with the script a little more here in v6 alpha theme/dev version.
As you can see in the gif, info-tooltip works fine on mac using [Ctr+Shift] +Hold.

Some other things comes to mind, I hope you can use the feedback;

I would prefer an option to have only the large info-box available, no need for tooltip at the same time (imo it becomes too cluttered)

I believe a little more air in-between pre/post sends symbols and the channel number would be good. Now they are very close and rather hard to decode.

Inside Sends panel I’m able to change text into green color (showed halfway in gif), but what is it supposed to do when tinted?

Would be really cool if multiple choices across channels could also obey bypass and off-line, but I guess it’s not possible at all.

And yes, please allow us to donate, or buy you a cup of coffee? :-D

Last edited by PhelixK; 09-11-2019 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Removed attachment
Old 09-11-2019, 12:44 AM   #216
doppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrabass View Post
I can confirm the feedback from PhelixK, everything is working perfectly except for me the tooltips shortcut.
did you turn on tooltip in context menu options?

Quote:
Also I don't want to insist too much but what about the possibility to mod your script?
not possible, because it's not lua for a long time already.

Quote:
PS: I'm gonna talk about your script to a lot of people.
It's a shame that only a few people know about it!
Did you contact Jon Tidley from The Reaper Blog?
Maybe he could showcased your script as he did with Radial Menu from Lokasenna?
Nah, i'm not interested, i just shared here on the forum, what i use myself, if someone finds it - then cool, if not - then cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
I would prefer an option to have only the large info-box available, no need for tooltip at the same time (imo it becomes too cluttered)
I like tooltip, it helps to identify track, but maybe i'll add 1 more option for that, will look at it.

Quote:
I believe a little more air in-between pre/post sends symbols and the channel number would be good. Now they are very close and rather hard to decode.
Yeah, when i return to home from my job in the evening, i will add few more pixels space.

Quote:
Inside Sends panel I’m able to change text into green color (showed halfway in gif), but what is it supposed to do when tinted?
you can look key shortcut descriptions in first post, it means that you can select them that way and then with shift+MB you can mute multiple sends across tracks.

Quote:
Would be really cool if multiple choices across channels could also obey bypass and off-line, but I guess it’s not possible at all.
if you're talking about bypassing&offlining effects on multiple tracks, then bypassing across tracks works for selected effects with cmd+control+shift+MB. As for offlining effects across tracks, it can be done easily, but imagine in big project you select a lot of effects and try to offline them simultaneously, it probably will take forever, didn't tried, but maybe even hang reaper ), so i'm not sure if it's good idea?

Quote:
And yes, please allow us to donate, or buy you a cup of coffee? :-D
As for donation, i looked once on few services, some work only through invoices in my country, or my country doesn't allow to receive money at all, like paypal. I'll try to add paypal link, i'm curious to know, if i can receive few coins and while sending to card account is not possible for me, maybe i could use them later to donate somewhere too, directly from paypal.

Quote:
GIF
On your GIF i see some border lines of track blocks are mis-aligned or jump around, is this real or GIF glitches?

Also, i would not recommend to dock something under or above fxlist, the way you docked Track manager, requirement and limitation of fxlist is that, height of it should be the same as arrange area or bigger. It should work actually that way too, but i think, some features in some situations may not work (scrolling, no response to mouseclick probably)

As for creating sends, it's not neccesary to select a track where you want to add sends or receives, but if you do(like on your GIF) it's ok by design too , it will create only sends from other tracks ('send from' is active=send from yellow rectangles) or sends to other tracks ('send to' is active=send to blue rectangles)

Last edited by doppelganger; 09-11-2019 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:19 AM   #217
PhelixK

Quote:
you can look key shortcut descriptions in first post, it means that you can select them that way and then with shift+MB you can mute multiple sends across tracks.
Thanks, I’m just getting the hang of it here Selecting multiple tracks for routing I did couple of steps too many, I see mouse drag for a bunch is the way. Regarding multiple muted routings, I got it now!

Quote:
On your GIF i see some border lines of track blocks are mis-aligned or jump around, is this real or GIF glitches?
I believe it’s fine having more tabs in same dock area, as long as they are placed below fxlist. Yesterday I had yet another tab on top, which caused some vertical offset when zooming. But I'll observe if any weird mouse behavior occurs.

– sorry for the long jumpy GIF.. to show mac key-strokes I had to record the first capture a second time. Interface is pretty fluent here.

As for bypass/off-line of multiple inserts in big projects, I get your point. Also there are other ways to do that in Reaper.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #218
Infrabass

Quote:
did you turn on tooltip in context menu options?
Ooh! My bad yeah it works, I just read too fast and didn't hold the click.
Great!
Did you consider adding the CPU usage in the details tooltips too?
Could be handy.

Quote:
not possible, because it's not lua for a long time already.
Ok I get it.
By curiosity, what's the advantage of using an user plugins instead of a classic script?

Quote:
Nah, i'm not interested, i just shared here on the forum, what i use myself, if someone finds it - then cool, if not - then cool
Haha! Ok I get it too!
A superhero staying in the dark.
I feel you, I'm a bass player.
;-)

Quote:
As for donation, i looked once on few services, some work only through invoices in my country, or my country doesn't allow to receive money at all, like paypal. I'll try to add paypal link, i'm curious to know, if i can receive few coins and while sending to card account is not possible for me, maybe i could use them later to donate somewhere too, directly from paypal.
Keep us in the loop!
Cheers!
Old 09-11-2019, 01:59 PM   #219
doppelganger

@PhelixK
added 2 pixels to the gap between send shapes and the channel number, should be enough, i think

Quote:
Did you consider adding the CPU usage in the details tooltips too?
I didn't find this, i think, Reascript doesn't allow to do this.

Quote:
By curiosity, what's the advantage of using an user plugins instead of a classic script?
No advantages. I'd say it has more disadvantages and no performance boost too as i thought at first, it's a long story, when i started, there was not enough of functionality, so at first i added few functions to temporary SWS and used it, later i used SWS plugin modified by JulianSader, which in the end became JS_ReascriptAPI, but it all was not what i needed, so i turned that road. Today native reascript & js_ReascriptAPI have functions, which were absent back then, but i don't see a point to go back now.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #220
Infrabass

Quote:
@PhelixK
No advantages. I'd say it has more disadvantages and no performance boost too as i thought at first, it's a long story, when i started, there was not enough of functionality, so at first i added few functions to temporary SWS and used it, later i used SWS plugin modified by JulianSader, which in the end became JS_ReascriptAPI, but it all was not what i needed, so i turned that road. Today native reascript & js_ReascriptAPI have functions, which were absent back then, but i don't see a point to go back now.
OK! Thanks for the explanation.
I was thinking it was better regarding performance too, good to know.
At least it's really easy to install!

I just noticed something:
When using dPMeter4 for the loudness and peak indication, it always resets all the other monitoring FX to only 2 outputs. (I'm using Sonarwork Reference plugin to adjust the frequency response of my headphone on hardware outputs 3/4).
So each time I'm launching Reaper I need to go to the FX monitoring window, click on the plugin pin connector and click on the + to add the outputs 3/4.
Is there a way to avoid that?
Old 09-11-2019, 05:12 PM   #221
X-Raym

Nice extension ! thanks for sharing ?

Few questions:
- is this open source ?
- any plan to share it via reapack ?

You should consider embed your GIF in first post to make your thread more eye catching ! :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #222
SmajjL

Yeah, since it does not even seem to require SWS, but it is a forever alpha/beta (I don't care though) dopp is the boss, what you say? can we, can we - will you, will you?
Old 09-12-2019, 02:30 AM   #223
PhelixK

Quote:
@PhelixK
added 2 pixels to the gap between send shapes and the channel number, should be enough, i think
perfect!
Old 09-16-2019, 11:09 AM   #224
bamsehopp

this is the most useful script i've found yet!!! thanks a bunch! It works great on my 2014 macbook pro running Mojave but It crashes my older mac pro running El Capitan on startup! Its my studio-computer so I was really bugged when it didn't work there. Any idea why? El Capitan not supported?

I'll attach the report reaper gives me.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf crashreport.pdf (102.3 KB, 9 views)
bamsehopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:46 AM   #225
Ozman

Gosh, that fxlist script is the kind of thing I'm needing in my life.
I really, really desire a way to have my default channel strip to stay either at the bottom of or separately after the fxchain.

Hopefully, one day that will be a reality.
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 08:37 AM   #226
waldemaR

I do not understand how you get this: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/show...ostcount=19219

Thank you for help and answer.
waldemaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:29 AM   #227
doppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldemaR View Post
I do not understand how you get this: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/show...ostcount=19219

Thank you for help and answer.
Whad do you mean exactly by "this" ?
If you're talking about 2nd column with sends, you need to switch on Show routing/Receives/Sends/HW outputs in top context menu. All this info in 1st post.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #228
SmajjL

nnnNNNnnoooOOOOoo!!! + *ReplikaEchoDelay*
Your stuff is tb-404 and I prefeer tb-303...
Just surrendered back to Windows..
Old 09-19-2019, 10:25 AM   #229
doppelganger

was updating, added autoclose feature to controls window, but this feature surprisingly doesn't work on linux for some reason yet.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:50 AM   #230
SmajjL

ahh ok, online again.
I wish I was a programmer that could help with that, fraid not though, def not..
Old 09-19-2019, 11:02 AM   #231
doppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
ahh ok, online again.
I wish I was a programmer that could help with that, fraid not though, def not..
I'm not a programmer, just some angry boy, who wasn't pleased, that there's no features, that i want, so i learned basic shitcoding/codeshiting, just to add a feature
Old 09-19-2019, 11:17 AM   #232
SmajjL

Conclusion: Don't mess with an angry MuthaFkca shitcoder
Old 09-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #233
doppelganger

haha
Old 09-30-2019, 12:15 PM   #234
gastaxxx

Default problem with yosemite

I use it on my mac, but I have problems with my macbook pro with yosemite 10.10.5 : crash on reaper loading
gastaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #235
Infrabass

Hey Doppelganger!

I allow myself to "bump" my last message about the issue with monitoring FX channel pin connector when using the loudness feature of FXLIST:

Quote:
I just noticed something:
When using dPMeter4 for the loudness and peak indication, it always resets all the other monitoring FX to only 2 outputs. (I'm using Sonarwork Reference plugin to adjust the frequency response of my headphone on hardware outputs 3/4).
So each time I'm launching Reaper I need to go to the FX monitoring window, click on the plugin pin connector and click on the + to add the outputs 3/4.
Is there a way to avoid that?
Because it seems there is no way to set anything on the monitoring FXs I could not create a script (set as a startup action) to resolve this myself.

Do you have a clue on what's can happen?
Old 09-30-2019, 02:04 PM   #236
doppelganger

Quote:
Hey Doppelganger!

I allow myself to "bump" my last message about the issue with monitoring FX channel pin connector when using the loudness feature of FXLIST:

Because it seems there is no way to set anything on the monitoring FXs I could not create a script (set as a startup action) to resolve this myself.

Do you have a clue on what's can happen?
script doesn't change any track channels in monitoring fx, so have no clue, it doesn't happen for me, tried to set more channels and restarted reaper, everything stays as it should, but i don't have Sonarworks reference and i'm on PC, so can't say for sure. Maybe it's something related to that Sonarworks plugin, maybe in your settings, and do you use VST or VST3 or AU plugin of DpMeter? I made it to work with VST or VST3. AU DPMeter plugin has completely different nut, not compatible with VST.

Last edited by doppelganger; 09-30-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 06:17 AM   #237
Infrabass

Thx for your answer Doppelganger!
I'm using the VST version of DPMeter4. I tried with VST3 version but the same happen.

I did a few more exhaustive tests:
- I tried to change the channel pin connector with another plugin but the same happen, it gets reset as I restart Reaper if the Loudness Meter option is ON.
- I tried to keep DPMeter in the monitoring FX chain but set the Loudness Meter option to OFF and here it's working as it should, it's keeping my channel pin connector settings correctly when I restart Reaper.

So it seems there is something causing this issue with the Loudness Meter Option.
If you find the cause great, if not I'm gonna wait until Cockos let us set things on the Monitoring FX chain via Reascript.

Cheers!

PS: There is no day without me thanking you in my mind for FXList.
It should really be by default in Reaper!
Old 10-01-2019, 06:49 AM   #238
doppelganger

@Infrabass,
i tried different options, presets, different situations, but it still works ok for me on High Sierra on virtual machine, can you show you problem on the GIF? maybe i will have some other idea, how to trigger this.
Did you try to install portable fresh reaper and to add dpmeter, fxlist, reference plugins and if it's still the same?
As for scripting, yeah, there is a possibility to set pin states of plugin in monitoring fx, but looks like no possibility to set number of channels of monitoring fx chain.

Last edited by doppelganger; 10-01-2019 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:07 AM   #239
Infrabass

Oh didn't even know you can set pin states of plugin in monitoring FX!
Here is a GIF of the issue:

I'm gonna try on a portable fresh Reaper good idea!
Old 10-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #240
Infrabass

Oh damn!
With a Reaper portable install it's working, the channel pin connector of the monitoring FX are not reset!
I usually love the depth of Reaper but in that kind of case I don't haha!
NO idea what's going on here.