Old 08-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #681
rictheobscene
Human being with feelings

I drink water, and the occasional glass of iced tea.
rictheobscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #682
Omarkum

VB gives you hangovers and headaches...its basically a poison.

Bevoss and Nicholas have hit the nail on the head here Fabian...Strangely when I lived in Sydney NSW, the locals had taken to guzzling it...but then they had moved off a pretty low base to begin with.
Omarkum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #683
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omarkum View Post
VB gives you hangovers and headaches...its basically a poison.

Bevoss and Nicholas have hit the nail on the head here Fabian...Strangely when I lived in Sydney NSW, the locals had taken to guzzling it...but then they had moved off a pretty low base to begin with.
OK, mates... apologies for asking for VB, won't happen again

I've only been to Sydney, Brisbane and Cairns and what was available and drinkable was VB (except in Cairns where I got very good local beer). Also, go to an aussie pub here in Sweden, what do you get... VB.

So, maybe I have to come down under and test some of those "Hazards or Cascade or even Boags"...
Old 08-05-2010, 05:56 AM   #684
Reflected

VST: Redline Reverb (112dB) vs S&M: CLOSE ALL FLOATING WINDOWS

super crash...

steps:
1. add redline reverb...open the fx window with the redline pannel...
2. play the song..
3. press the shortcut to run the action: S&M: CLOSE ALL FLOATING WINDOWS (Mine is F12)
4. bam crash! reaper close with no error message.. it happens 80% of the time
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #685
BobM

Sorry to bring the tone down, but having downloaded the file sws_osx-universal, how do I install it?

Many thanks,

Bob M.
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #686
BobM

Drag the file into the plugins folder... All done.
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #687
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobM View Post
Drag the file into the plugins folder... All done.
Not sure how things are set up on Mac, but on Windows the term "plugins folder" is ambiguous. It can refer to the VST plugin folder as well as the folder named "Plugins" within the Reaper exe folder. On Windows, all "reaper_*.dll" files should go into the latter folder, everything else into the VST plugins folder.

This ambiguity is very unfortunate, especially for newbies. There's lots of forum bandwidth wasted because of this simple thing...
Old 08-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #688
lawrs

Since we already have save marker set and deleted marker set.. can there be an option to hide the markers? I'm think the logic behind it would be somewhat similar to save and delete, maybe combine "save marker + delete marker" into one as "hide markers" menu ?

Would be great to be able to overlap marker sets as well. Currently when 1 markerset is loaded, it clears the previous one away.
lawrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:12 AM   #689
Barrail

Hello !

I need help.
I want only move my play cursor, left and right (not the edit cursor), with only the mousewheel.
I don't want that the play cursor read the tracks, while moving.
I've tried creating some actions, but...

Last edited by Barrail; 08-21-2010 at 05:33 AM.
Barrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:03 PM   #690
Jeffos
Mortal

Default SWS/S&M Extension beta

Hi!

A new SWS Extension beta build is available here (win32, unzip & copy the dll in REAPER's "Plugins" folder).

Although it already has been tested, it's not yet an "official" release because of the 3 main reasons detailed bellow.
This beta also include a bunch of other goodies (stuff for live performers, track notes, no more limitations on build lane actions, etc..) but we would first appreciate feedback about thoses 3 points: beta testers very welcome!
Issues about this beta can be reported here.
Thanks!

Hot, in this beta:

1) Many S&M actions (if not all) run much, much faster.
Though, I've made radical updates behind the scene: please, report any S&M broken action (if any).

2) I'm introduicing WDL/LICE GUIs:

Please, report any strange "looking", refresh & font issues (this highly depend the themes you're using). I also have to check how it goes on OSX before an official release (a friend of mine let me his mac for a couple of weeks).

3) I hopefully have a fix for the snapshots very random crashes reported from time to time, here and there
I'll ask people that have reported those issues to test this beta but any issue/regression report about Snapshots are welcomed!

For Tim (who likes surprises), the full changelog is here.

Last edited by Jeffos; 08-21-2010 at 03:18 PM. Reason: link to full changelog
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #691
timlloyd

I'm looking forward to the OSX release, track notes will be really useful!!

Did you have a chance to look into the OSX Take Mixer GUI bugs yet?

Cheers,
-Tim (but not *that* Tim )
timlloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #692
PitchSlap

Nice update! Stuff for live performers is always welcomed.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #693
Bevosss

Location: Propaganda Now! 100% verified propaganda right here...

Thank you thank you thank you!!

I made a zoom toggle that works on small or collapsed child tracks also, yayy! Most of my stuff is in folders so that makes zooming very usable now. Cheers!

Also, I posted a bug regarding the item/source delete action.

Testing all the other stuff now, thanks again.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:42 PM   #694
gls

I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this but I was wondering if it'd be possible for you to make a randomize item volume action to go with the randomize item position action? So we can "humanize" audio clips easily.

It wouldn't surprise me if I can already do this and I'm just being stupid but I thought I'd ask anyway...

BTW, thanks for all the work you've done making this extension. It really is appreciated.
gls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #695
Subz

Hi All

is there any thing like the Chain FX list for track templates?

if not this would be an amazing addition to SWS/S&M

just think, a long list of track templates that just load at a double click

Subz

Last edited by Subz; 09-05-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 05:33 AM   #696
Jeffos
Mortal

Default A call for OSX beta testers

Hi! Tim kindly uploaded an OSX beta build: we would appreciate feedback about the 3 points discussed above (or about new features). Especially about the "new GUIs"..
Download here: here. Issues about this beta can be reported here.

Also, we didn't get much feedback from users that have reported random snapshot issues, though we hopefully have a fix..
So a little reminder (for both Win & OSX users): feedback about SWS snapshots is appreciated too (or regressions, if any) !

Thanks!

@subz: already in the pipe!

@reflected: super crash in the plug, yes. Anyway as I already explained you here (or here), this is an outdated extension. BTW, the SWS installer will automatically remove it in the upcoming versions.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:50 AM   #697
musicbynumbers

Funny you should mention snapshots

Before I call this a bug..

Has anyone else been able to use snapshots to recall different kontakt 4 instruments (complete with samples) without crashing reaper/kontakt 4?

I don't want to call this a bug yet as I think it's asking too much of snapshots to be able to force kontakt to just load in a new set of intruments and samples.

I only tried because I recall Tim saying that snapshots now support more than just parameter changes but I really could just be wrong/too hopeful!
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #698
fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post

Has anyone else been able to use snapshots to recall different kontakt 4 instruments (complete with samples) without crashing reaper/kontakt 4?

I don't want to call this a bug yet as I think it's asking too much of snapshots to be able to force kontakt to just load in a new set of intruments and samples.

I only tried because I recall Tim saying that snapshots now support more than just parameter changes but I really could just be wrong/too hopeful!
I think Kontakt's state is pretty large so it may be pushing the 1 megabyte limit. The only thing that could be done is to handle an incomplete state nicely.
fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #699
musicbynumbers

Thanks for confirming fingers. I thought it might be asking too much not too bothered there are other means of doing what I wanted.

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 09-07-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:26 AM   #700
fingers

Quote:
Thanks for confirming fingers. I thought it might be asking too much not too bothered there are other means of doing what I wanted.
Not really confirming, just a hunch and a brief look at the snapshot code to see whether it was doing what I thought it was I could be totally wrong though.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #701
Jeffos
Mortal

Indeed fingers
That's not the explanation: the 1Mo chunk limit is for reaScript, I'm not aware of any limitation for C/C++ (if there's one, I can at least tell it's above 18Mo, which is the max I successfully tested until now)
=> mbn can you post some details in the tracker (which SWS extension: official/beta/both? RPP, repro, faulty module, offsets...) ? Thanks!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #702
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
Indeed fingers
That's not the explanation: the 1Mo chunk limit is for reaScript, I'm not aware of any limitation for C/C++ (if there's one, I can at least tell it's above 18Mo, which is the max I successfully tested until now)
=> mbn can you post some details in the tracker (which SWS extension: official/beta/both? RPP, repro, faulty module, offsets...) ? Thanks!
Will aim to soon as I can.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:27 AM   #703
musicbynumbers

Weird just tried to reproduce with mainly empty project and so far can't.

Will post bug when I do get it to crash reaper but it actually seems that it may be related to big projects or even to multiple kontakts in one project.

Will keep you updated but have to do some work first!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #704
fingers

Quote:
Indeed fingers
So I'm way off! Thanks for clarifying about the chunk limit.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #705
Subz

Quote:
@subz: already in the pipe!
i look forward to smoking that pipe when its ready

Thanks

Subz
Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 AM   #706
chriscomfort

Quote:

I'm not sure if this is in regards to the new beta version, so sorry if this is out of place. I'm running Reaper 3.672 on XP Pro SP3 on my master machine with my Mac Book Pro via Vienna Ensemble Pro thru LAN slaved to it. I have a Heavyocity Evolve Mutations 1 Combo "One Way Ride To Zen" running in Kontakt 4.1 on the MacBook (This includes 11 separate instruments).

Then on the master XP machine I have Reaper with 2 other instances of Kontakt 4.1, one of which is running another Evolve 2 Combo "Hard and Soft Score". The desktop is 5+ years old and the MBP 3+ years old. SWS Snapshots seems to working fine, although all the Kontakt instances, including the VEPro on the Mac Book, have to totally reload each time. I guess for the most part, I'm just going to be de-selecting the FX Chain option unless I really need it.

On another note, is there any way to create some SWS version of a track inspector, similar to what's in Cubase (or Logic and maybe the others as well). Or perhaps just a Track stats screen that can be positioned similarly? Just a thought.
Attached Images
File Type: png Cubase Inspector 2.PNG (18.9 KB, 160 views)
chriscomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #707
Kundalinguist

For what very limited testing I've done in OSX, the beta seems to work fine.

P.S. Incredible stuff you've been adding. Thank you.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #708
musicbynumbers

Thanks for the info chriscomfort.

As for a type of an inspector, you can create a "screenset" where you take the mixer window, right click and disable showing the master track, shrink it down to only show one channel, put it on the far left of the screen and then fill the rest with the arrange page. Any channel you select in the arrange page will now show on this single channel mixer track on the left of your screen.

No it's not perfect but it's a start.

You can also add "reacontrol" (think that's it's name) from the right click on a track options that will give you some cubase inspector like qualities.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #709
chriscomfort

Quote:
Thanks for the info chriscomfort.

As for a type of an inspector, you can create a "screenset" where you take the mixer window, right click and disable showing the master track, shrink it down to only show one channel, put it on the far left of the screen and then fill the rest with the arrange page. Any channel you select in the arrange page will now show on this single channel mixer track on the left of your screen.

No it's not perfect but it's a start.

You can also add "reacontrol" (think that's it's name) from the right click on a track options that will give you some cubase inspector like qualities.
I saw that suggestion in another post. I'm gonna play around with it. It would still be cool to even just have a Track Stats window, not unlike a re-sizable Item Properties window but for tracks. Or even just a similar concept to when you right-click on a S&M Snapshot and click "Show Snapshot Details" except its always open and showing the selecting track in the TCP. But thank you for your suggestions.

Chris
chriscomfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #710
Reflected

Regarding
"Xenakios/SWS: Switch item source file to random in folder"

Can someone tell me where is (what is the name of) the action to change the folder?

I remember that I could do this but I don't remember how...
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #711
Kundalinguist

I'm only just scratching the surface of the SWS potential. This combined work is truly amazing in its execution and usefulness to Reaper.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #712
Subz

"Xenakios/SWS: select next/previous track" would be better if it worked if there was no track selected

what do you guys think?

Subz
Old 09-18-2010, 07:45 PM   #713
Marah Mag

In the SWS Marker List, I would like to be able to selectively show/hide markers and/or regions in the list. Maybe with checkbox options, like Seek play and Scroll view have.
Marah Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:26 PM   #714
sws
Code Monkey

v1.8.0 is now out! If you've been following Jeffos's beta updates you'll be quite familiar with this version. If not, visit the What's new? page to get the scoop.

Note there's been a few issues with auto-icon so I've disabled that for this release.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:25 AM   #715
Subz

Quote:
v1.8.0 #1 (September 20, 2010)

REQUIRES REAPER v3.66 - These are the released changes from Beta #6! - Mostly S&M updates:

Added new dockable view "S&M Live Configs" and 8 actions "Apply live config n (MIDI CC only)" where n is [1,8].
This is for live performance: optimize CPU/RAM use, get rid of the 16 MIDI channel limit, etc.
Typical workflow example: route your armed input track to the tracks you have configured in the "Live Configs" view. Then, while playing, you send CC messages (previoulsy learnt) to automatically switch between those tracks/configurations you have defined: mute all tracks except the active one, mute all receives from the input track except for the active one, load track templates, load FX Chains and/or run custom actions when activating/deactivating a config.
These actions belong to a new section "S&M Extension". See details here. Demo here.
Added action "SWS/S&M: Open Live Configs window..." (in the main section)

Build lane actions updated:

* Now, the lanes order always match the recording order and work with all media types (including MIDI in-project ones).
* Demo here.
* Limitation: for the moment, "building lanes" on *imploded* isn't supported, details here.
* Added action "SWS/S&M: Takes - Activate lane under mouse cursor"

S&M FX Chain view improvments:

* Paste of FX Chains in now possible (only FX Chain replacement was possible until now)
* External drag'n'drop of FX Chains (e.g. drag from an external explorer, drop into the view)
* Internal drag'n'drop of FX Chains (drag from the view, drop in a track) - WIN ONLY
* Added actions:
SWS/S&M: Paste FX chain to selected items
SWS/S&M: Paste FX chain to selected items, all takes
SWS/S&M: Paste FX chain to selected tracks
* Renamed actions, added "(replace)" to make things clear:
SWS/S&M: Paste (replace) FX chain to selected items
SWS/S&M: Paste (replace) FX chain to selected items, all takes
SWS/S&M: Paste (replace) FX chain to selected tracks
* Added popup items "Add slot", "Insert slot" and "Delete slots"
* Text filter added, demo here
* Simplified display in the "Path" column (when using REAPER's FX Chains default path)
* Added a column "Description", double-click to enter some text. Note: it's volountary not used when filtering.
* Safer cut/copy/paste actions

Added new dockable view "S&M Notes/help" for item notes, track notes and, on Win, custom/online action help:

* Online help (link to the Action List Reference): click on the action name.
* When enabled, the lock button just allows key stroke to pass through the main window.
* S&M Notes/help & S&M Find demo: here.
* Added related actions:
SWS/S&M: Open Notes/help window...
SWS/S&M: Notes/help - Switch to action help - WIN ONLY
SWS/S&M: Notes/help - Switch to item notes
SWS/S&M: Notes/help - Switch to track notes
SWS/S&M: Notes/help - Switch to project notes (disable auto updates) (Note this is *not* REAPER's project notes.)
SWS/S&M: Notes/help - Set action help file...
This action sets the filename where your custom notes about actions will be saved (so that you can have different ones, e.g. multi-language). By default this file is set for you, it's S&M_Action_help_en.ini (in REAPER's default resource directory, with other ini files). It's where *action* notes are saved, other notes (item, track and project) are saved in RPP files.
SWS/S&M: Notes/help - Toggle lock

Added new dockable view "S&M Find" (bound to Ctrl-F) with find all, previous & next buttons.
Simple: when something matches, it's selected.
The available search scopes are: item names, item names (all takes), media filenames, media filenames (all takes), item notes, track notes, track names (in case you're drunk) and marker/region names.

Track folders actions:

* SWS/S&M: Save selected tracks folder states
* SWS/S&M: Restore selected tracks folder states
* SWS/S&M: Set selected tracks folder states to on
* SWS/S&M: Set selected tracks folder states to off note: the 2 previous ones are different from native action "Cycle track folder state"
* SWS/S&M: Save selected tracks folder compact states
* SWS/S&M: Restore selected tracks folder compact states

Arming envelopes actions

* SWS/S&M: Toggle arming of all active envelopes for selected tracks
* SWS/S&M: Arm all active envelopes for selected tracks
* SWS/S&M: Disarm all active envelopes for selected tracks
* SWS/S&M: Toggle arming of volume envelope for selected tracks
* SWS/S&M: Toggle arming of pan envelope for selected tracks
* SWS/S&M: Toggle arming of mute envelope for selected tracks
* SWS/S&M: Toggle arming of all receive volume envelopes for selected tracks
* SWS/S&M: Toggle arming of all receive pan envelopes for selected tracks
* SWS/S&M: Toggle arming of all receive mute envelopes for selected tracks
* SWS/S&M: Toggle arming of all plugin envelopes for selected tracks
* Remarks:
These actions only apply for ACTIVE envelopes (i.e. these actions don't create envelopes)
Send envelopes are not (yet) managed, use receive envelopes instead
As these toggle actions act on several tracks, the reported toggle state is a "best effort" one

Action List Reference summaries auto generation (Wiki copy/pastable) - Win only

* See details here. ALR: here.
* SWS/S&M: Save ALR Wiki summary (w/o extensions)
* SWS/S&M: Save ALR Wiki summary (SWS/Xenakios/S&M extensions only)
* SWS/S&M: Save ALR Wiki summary (FNG extensions only)

Implemented FRs: Issue 166, Issue 170, part of Issue 19, most part of Issue 105

Fixes:

* Issue 163: SWS snapshots crash
* Issue 164: fixed possible crash in reaConsole
* Issue 169: deprecated Xen's actions "Delete selected item and source media (immediately!)" and similar ones
* Issue 172: fixed slow S&M actions with certain plugins and/or massive in-project items
* Issue 174: S&M paste routing/sends/receives actions only paste to the 1st selected track
* Issue 182: fixed strange S&M.ini location on OSX

Added actions:

* "Select project (MIDI CC only)" Remarks: this action belong to the "S&M section". Learn: absolute CC only. Only the last "stable" CC is processed (i.e. doesn't stuck REAPER).
* SWS/S&M: Delete selected items' takes and source files (prompt, no undo)
* SWS/S&M: Delete selected items' takes and source files (no undo)
* SWS/S&M: Delete active take and source file in selected items (prompt, no undo)
* SWS/S&M: Delete active take and source file in selected items (no undo) (On Win, source files are moved to the recycle bin.)
* Preview selected media item at track fader volume (toggle)

Misc updates:

* Better management of the "S&M" ini file: it's now located in REAPER's default resource path (i.e. with other ini files) rather than "/Plugins/"
* Slight action renaming (mispelling, better display order)
* Auto-icon from betas is turned off due to too many issues.
* Fixed action "Randomize item positions"
is that all?

Old 09-21-2010, 02:59 AM   #716
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
v1.8.0 is now out! If you've been following Jeffos's beta updates you'll be quite familiar with this version. If not, visit the What's new? page to get the scoop.

Note there's been a few issues with auto-icon so I've disabled that for this release.
Thanks Tim! did you disable auto icon for PC too or just Mac? Not had problems here.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:03 AM   #717
gofer
-blänk-

Auto Icons are disabled on PC as well. Hope you can get the problems sorted. I loved that feature. The problem I encountered basically had to do with entries for tracks that are children. Reaper could crash with such an entry when changing the folder structure. I understand you had to take it out as long as that's not solved. But is for sure is a pity.

Everything was problem-free since I killed my children track entry.
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:38 AM   #718
Subz

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Everything was problem-free since I killed my children
i have heard of sacrificing a chicken but.......

Old 09-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #719
gofer
-blänk-

*gulp*
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:12 AM   #720
musicbynumbers

Just read the sws google site stuff so it makes more sense now, I have also disabled my children....tracks! lol

no probs for me since I did that