Old 04-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #3001
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Testing tonite ... hit a snag.

I was experimenting with the Mouse Sensitivity setting [def: 5].

I was hoping I could adjust how much wheel scrolling was needed to move a Knob through STEPPED values.

The 'snag'. I adjusted to some extremes of the settings ... but now the Knobs do not even move anymore. No matter what I do.

I tried setting the value back to the default=5 ... no change ... knos are frozen, and not moving via the wheel nor the mouse drag.

The question remains: what does the Wheel sensitivity setting do ? .... and how to get knobs working again ?

--- EDIT ---

I got the knobs working by closing the project, and reloading the STRIP ... so all good on that.

But something not right in MS area.
I haven't been able to repeat your problems with extreme settings of the wheel options. Can you tell me exctly what parameter you are trying to adjust for and what you set it to etc when it freezes the control.

BTW - for stepped values - this control will have no effect. One mouse wheel click should move one step - and that's it. It works like that for me.

The setting is really for continuous controls - then it should make a difference to how much a parameter is changed by each 'click' of the mousewheel.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:21 PM   #3002
timbralzoom

Thanks a bunch!
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:32 PM   #3003
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
I haven't been able to repeat your problems with extreme settings of the wheel options. Can you tell me exctly what parameter you are trying to adjust for and what you set it to etc when it freezes the control.

BTW - for stepped values - this control will have no effect. One mouse wheel click should move one step - and that's it. It works like that for me.

The setting is really for continuous controls - then it should make a difference to how much a parameter is changed by each 'click' of the mousewheel.
Ahhh ... I was adjusting WheelSEN for a STEPPED [cycle] knob. :|
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:36 PM   #3004
lb0

Quote:
Ahhh ... I was adjusting WheelSEN for a STEPPED [cycle] knob. :|
Yes - but even so - I tried it on a cycle control and had no issues - other than it made no difference! So still keen to work out why it froze on you...

Was it on one of your nebula strips? I'll give that a go. Did you set the wheel sens to maximum? or minimum (bearing in mind setting to minimum uses a GLOBAL state for the control - editing of which I've yet to implement :/
Old 04-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #3005
RJHollins

Quote:
Yes - but even so - I tried it on a cycle control and had no issues - other than it made no difference! So still keen to work out why it froze on you...

Was it on one of your nebula strips? I'll give that a go. Did you set the wheel sens to maximum? or minimum (bearing in mind setting to minimum uses a GLOBAL state for the control - editing of which I've yet to implement :/
Hi lb0.

Most always a Nebula strip ... and I DID go through all extreme, and in-between, settings. Not sure I ever settled on the 'Global' setting ... but since MS does not apply to Cycled knobs ... I was still trying to figure a setting that would yield something ... till the KNOB locked up.

Even resetting to the original Default=5 setting would not free the knobs ... any of them [all locked].

Solution was to close the project [without a save], and reload it as originally was.

I can test further [if/when needed], but will wait to hear back from ya.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #3006
lb0

Quote:
Hi lb0.

Most always a Nebula strip ... and I DID go through all extreme, and in-between, settings. Not sure I ever settled on the 'Global' setting ... but since MS does not apply to Cycled knobs ... I was still trying to figure a setting that would yield something ... till the KNOB locked up.

Even resetting to the original Default=5 setting would not free the knobs ... any of them [all locked].

Solution was to close the project [without a save], and reload it as originally was.

I can test further [if/when needed], but will wait to hear back from ya.
Ok - I'll have another play with Nebula in the chain.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #3007
RJHollins

ok ... check email. I'm sending up the STRIP.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:08 PM   #3008
Win Conway

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
for the Step sequencer topic you need a vst..
i am using this two fresh new sequencers
(HY-MPS and HY-SEQ16x3)
http://hy-plugins.com/plugins/vst/vst-instrument/
here is the example vid.(sorry no voice over ..terrible English)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz0pG_b5Gz4

or we need to some bravehearth JS coders
who will create Host IDs for the Note + Velocity parameters of the Sequencer Megababy
even 1 note row with Note number selector would enough in this case.

EDIT:
forgot to say.. Thank you for all the great videos you share!
Aaaah OK, thanks for letting me know
Old 05-01-2017, 04:51 AM   #3009
dasombre

yesterday I was designing a new strip and this feature-set came to me and would be really handy to have, so I will share them here, just so I said it

all Graphics related:
- ability to set the brightness/darkness of any graphic element
- ability to align graphics like control (align top ; align left)
- ability to copy graphics

Sidenote: the RCM feature is such a big one. I reworked my big Mammoth Eq strip and now it is very easy to import. Just one file and no more ReaBanks and N4-prestes to copy around (due to RCM), so I will share it very soon
(Just to confirm before sharing: other users would just have to define their scanboot.xml and after importing the strip they just have to "rebuild the program IDs once and resave, right?)

Thanks again for the amaaaazing work.
dasombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:07 AM   #3010
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasombre View Post
yesterday I was designing a new strip and this feature-set came to me and would be really handy to have, so I will share them here, just so I said it

all Graphics related:

Sidenote: the RCM feature is such a big one. I reworked my big Mammoth Eq strip and now it is very easy to import. Just one file and no more ReaBanks and N4-prestes to copy around (due to RCM), so I will share it very soon
(Just to confirm before sharing: other users would just have to define their scanboot.xml and after importing the strip they just have to "rebuild the program IDs once and resave, right?)

Yes - as long as you had scanboot set when adding the RCM data (using the Nebula option), and the person importing has their scanboot set (and obviously the correct library installed) - then no extra work required.

One minor note - Found this out yesterday with RJHollins strip of DocFear (using Neb4) - he had an old version of the library - and I had latest. The two versions had different filenames - but also a 'bug' in Nebula - means that you cannot simply load the new program into Nebula - as Nebula *remembers* all a programs details so even if you switch to another program and back again - it still tries to load the wrong filename version.

The only way around this was to remove the N4 instances entirely, and add new instances - load the necessary libraries and relink the controls. Not loads of work - but a bit... It should be noted that this strip did NOT use RCM's - whereas if it did have RCM's and the strip was initially shared with INIT for all N4 instances - it would work ok.

The problem is with the current saved program data captured and stored in the strip file - so setting to INIT first - although not ideal - would not leave the incorrect filename in the N4 instance...
Old 05-01-2017, 08:18 AM   #3011
vanhaze

Ok, so i am starting to use this wicked thing.

2 Questions pop up:

a) Can you change colors of the knobs/faders etc ?
b) Can you link multiple knobs/faders etc. together, so you can change multiple plugin parameters at once ?
If so , how to do that exactly ?

Many Thx for any help !
Old 05-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #3012
RJHollins

Hi lb0,

Just read the info you posted [after my email].

Curious that we might do a test while I still have the original SF install. Might be a waste of time ... ??!!

Anyway ... I was also wondering about 'Refresh ID'. Would this help in any way ? Also ... had I put the RMC [which probably will go in], there are 'refresh' feature you added there ... any help to this version/conversion issue ??

rj
Old 05-01-2017, 09:25 AM   #3013
dasombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post

2 Questions pop up:

b) Can you link multiple knobs/faders etc. together, so you can change multiple plugin parameters at once ?

Many Thx for any help !
a) no, those are controls and not changeable in color. Only size is changeable via the "SCALE" slider in control properties.

b) parameters can be linked with "macros". To add macros go into the track-menu (key T) then under "other controls" drag in a "macro control". Now back in live-mode (key L) you can rightclick the macro to add controls to this macro.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #3014
dasombre

Quote:
The problem is with the current saved program data captured and stored in the strip file - so setting to INIT first - although not ideal - would not leave the incorrect filename in the N4 instance...
thank you for the info.
I'm not sure about the last bit of info regarding the INIT.
How would that look in practise?
Should I include a "INIT" program in each RCM and share with those as default?
Old 05-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #3015
lb0

Quote:
thank you for the info.
I'm not sure about the last bit of info regarding the INIT.
How would that look in practise?
Should I include a "INIT" program in each RCM and share with those as default?
Yes - adding INIT option to RCM (program 0 - always) - would mean you could share it with INIT values and then the imported strip won't have any issues with incorrect filenames etc. The user importing the sharestrip could just set up their default settings then save the strip again. No messing with loading new instances of Nebula or whatever.

But this seems to only affect certain libraries - where an update may have changed the program filenames (like in DocFear).

However - in your case for Mammoth EQ - if you've made it with the latest version (or there haven't been any version changes) - it may not matter at all. Just DocFear so far I've noticed this on.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #3016
lb0

Quote:

2 Questions pop up:

Many Thx for any help !
Thanks for jumping in

As Dasombre said - you cannot change the colour of any knob/slider control graphics as they are bitmap images and not drawn by the script.

However - it's pretty easy to get more controls in all different shapes and colours - and even to create your own if you are familiar with knobman.

Timbral provided a zip file containing loads of controls that he made usable by Stripper. I think it is linked to on first post of this thread.

just unzip the controls into the LBXCS_resources/controls folder and then restart the script - you will have lots more control options.

And yes - linking controls use macro buttons. To find them go into TR PARAM edit mode (shortcut - T) - then in 'Other Controls' you'll find the Macro Control. Drag this onto the strip and right-click it to start setting one up. Please note - macros and snapshots etc - can only include other parameters already in the current strip. So you need to import first all required paramters from any FX plugins first - then you can add these to snapshots/macros etc.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:51 AM   #3017
dasombre

Quote:
Yes - adding INIT option to RCM (program 0 - always) - would mean you could share it with INIT values and then the imported strip won't have any issues with incorrect filenames etc. The user importing the sharestrip could just set up their default settings then save the strip again. No messing with loading new instances of Nebula or whatever.

But this seems to only affect certain libraries - where an update may have changed the program filenames (like in DocFear).

However - in your case for Mammoth EQ - if you've made it with the latest version (or there haven't been any version changes) - it may not matter at all. Just DocFear so far I've noticed this on.
awesome, thanks for the info. This is not hard to do

I will just make a shared version with INITs at the end of each RCM and save the strip with those INITs loaded as default. Then others just import the strip, change the RCM to the RCM of their choosing and resave.
Quite easy actually
Old 05-01-2017, 10:51 AM   #3018
timbralzoom

controls & Graphics ..just updated!

EDIT: oops! link in the first post of course.

EDIT2: for todays late fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyFnAGmEr8k

Last edited by timbralzoom; 05-01-2017 at 12:09 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:55 AM   #3019
lb0

Quote:

all Graphics related:

Sorry - answered half your questions in my head earlier - but forgot to answer...

Re graphics suggestions: Yes hopefully to all!!
Old 05-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #3020
RJHollins

woooo graphics ...

possibly have multi select of graphic items AND ability to GROUP/UNgroup them ?!?

2. lb0: new email sent with update STRIP.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #3021
lb0

Quote:
awesome, thanks for the info. This is not hard to do

I will just make a shared version with INITs at the end of each RCM and save the strip with those INITs loaded as default. Then others just import the strip, change the RCM to the RCM of their choosing and resave.
Quite easy actually
New update:

Added fairly rudimentary brightness and contrast controls for background graphics images.

Seems to work well - hopefully useful - although had to create a temporary new backbuffer for any images not using default settings (ie. with a brightness or contrast change) - which takes a little more CPU time to draw (not noticeable in my tests though).

Please note - it only redraws the background image when editing it or changing track - so you should have no noticeable drop in performance in general
Old 05-01-2017, 04:11 PM   #3022
lb0

Quote:
woooo graphics ...

possibly have multi select of graphic items AND ability to GROUP/UNgroup them ?!?

2. lb0: new email sent with update STRIP.
Thanks. Well multi select graphics will be done - but it's quite a bit of tweaking to add so not sure when...

Of course when it does arrive - grouping/ungrouping will be easy addition.
Old 05-01-2017, 04:18 PM   #3023
dasombre

Quote:
New update:

Added fairly rudimentary brightness and contrast controls for background graphics images.

Seems to work well - hopefully useful - although had to create a temporary new backbuffer for any images not using default settings (ie. with a brightness or contrast change) - which takes a little more CPU time to draw (not noticeable in my tests though).

Please note - it only redraws the background image when editing it or changing track - so you should have no noticeable drop in performance in general
woohoo, will test now
Biiiig thanks!

EDIT after first test: works great. really helps with finetuning the appearance of strips. Great for finetuning backgrounds which are transparent but have color in them
- a way to reset the slider would be good (but you said it is a rudimentary implementation)

love it. thanks a lot!

Last edited by dasombre; 05-01-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #3024
RJHollins

Hit an issue !

Downloaded the new graphics package from Timbralzoom.

Dragged in one of the graphics [Backgrounds&Tables - SC-BG_01.png] ... got this:

AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:2548: bad argument #1 to 'getimgdim' (number expected, got nil)

in fact ... seems dropping in any of these from the new folder [categories] causes error message/crash.

Last edited by RJHollins; 05-01-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:17 PM   #3025
vanhaze

Quote:
a) no, those are controls and not changeable in color. Only size is changeable via the "SCALE" slider in control properties.

b) parameters can be linked with "macros". To add macros go into the track-menu (key T) then under "other controls" drag in a "macro control". Now back in live-mode (key L) you can rightclick the macro to add controls to this macro.
Fantastic, many thanks for your help !
Old 05-01-2017, 11:21 PM   #3026
lb0

Quote:
Hit an issue !

Downloaded the new graphics package from Timbralzoom.

Dragged in one of the graphics [Backgrounds&Tables - SC-BG_01.png] ... got this:

AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper.lua:2548: bad argument #1 to 'getimgdim' (number expected, got nil)

in fact ... seems dropping in any of these from the new folder [categories] causes error message/crash.
Yeah - I think I fixed that bug in the update ? - did you try the latest update of Stripper?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:22 PM   #3027
lb0

Quote:
woohoo, will test now
Biiiig thanks!

EDIT after first test: works great. really helps with finetuning the appearance of strips. Great for finetuning backgrounds which are transparent but have color in them
- a way to reset the slider would be good (but you said it is a rudimentary implementation)

love it. thanks a lot!
Yeah - will provide a reset button.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:45 AM   #3028
RJHollins

Quote:
Yeah - I think I fixed that bug in the update ? - did you try the latest update of Stripper?
OK. Fixed with the latest update.

Thank-you
Old 05-02-2017, 12:47 AM   #3029
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
controls & Graphics ..just updated!

EDIT: oops! link in the first post of course.

EDIT2: for todays late fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyFnAGmEr8k
Thanks Timbralzoom ! Always appreciated. Thank-you

rj
Old 05-02-2017, 04:11 AM   #3030
lb0

Quote:
woohoo, will test now
Biiiig thanks!

love it. thanks a lot!
Added RESET button to reset all sliders.

Also added R, G, B multiplier sliders

Would love to add saturation/hue etc - but not sure is possible in RGB colour space. But will look into to see if possible without working it out pixel by pixel (ie. slowly)
Old 05-02-2017, 05:18 AM   #3031
dasombre

Quote:
Added RESET button to reset all sliders.

Also added R, G, B multiplier sliders

Would love to add saturation/hue etc - but not sure is possible in RGB colour space. But will look into to see if possible without working it out pixel by pixel (ie. slowly)
very cool. big thanks!
Would transparency/alpha be possible to add or is this only possible outside in a graphic program? This would be very very handy.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:34 AM   #3032
lb0

Quote:
very cool. big thanks!
Would transparency/alpha be possible to add or is this only possible outside in a graphic program? This would be very very handy.
Yes - that's not a problem...
Old 05-02-2017, 06:09 AM   #3033
vanhaze

Having a hard time here with LBX:

- Track selected which has a few plugins on it.
- LBX Edit Mode > FX PARAMS
- LBX: I mouseclick an fx parameter in the parameterlist, hold mouse down and drag the "ghost" knob onto the black empty area.

- Outcome: sometimes, a visual "trail" of the ghost knob appears while dragging and the knob isn't placed on the black area, it jut doesn't stick in there.
- sometimes, no visual knob trail, but knob still doesn't stick on the black area.
- sometimes, a trail but knob sticks on the black area
- sometimes, no trail and knob sticks on the black area (i suppose this is the correct behaviour).

Is it maybe user error or are there other mac - LBX users around having these wierd LBX-GUI issues ??

OSX 10.12.4
Macbook retina 2015
Reaper 5.50pre5 - 64bit.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:42 AM   #3034
dasombre

Quote:
Yes - that's not a problem...
oh oh, mind is blown
Old 05-02-2017, 07:05 AM   #3035
lb0

Quote:

- LBX: I mouseclick an fx parameter in the parameterlist, hold mouse down and drag the "ghost" knob onto the black empty area.

- Outcome: sometimes, a visual "trail" of the ghost knob appears while dragging and the knob isn't placed on the black area, it jut doesn't stick in there.
- sometimes, no visual knob trail, but knob still doesn't stick on the black area.
- sometimes, no trail and knob sticks on the black area (i suppose this is the correct behaviour).

Is it maybe user error or are there other mac - LBX users around having these wierd LBX-GUI issues ??

OSX 10.12.4
Macbook retina 2015
Reaper 5.50pre5 - 64bit.
That's the first I've heard of this problem. I don't have a Mac - but have not heard of similar issues from anyone using a Mac.

Have you any special settings switched on within Reaper to cope with the Retina display (auto scaling or anything - no idea if anything like that exists)?

Are you able to make a screen capture video of the problem?

EDIT: Another thought - how big have you got the LBX window in pixels - roughly - hazard a guess maybe? What's the retina display resolution?

Stored bitmaps (of which LBX uses many - including backbuffers for the display window) - can only be up to 2048*2048. Because I've physically never been able to go above 1920x1080 on my setup - I wonder if it's trying to go too big...

I'll have a think about this.

What happens when you shrink the LBX window to quite small - do you still have the same issues? The trails might happen if the background is not being redrawn underneath the 'ghost' control image. If you have your script window bigger than 2048x2048 - then the trails are probably appearing as you cross a blank bit of space between the lists on the left and the actual strip surface which is probably centred (can't remember off hand).

Anyway - the controls probably aren't 'sticking' to the grid if you are dropping them outside of the strip surface (somewhere around the edge).

I can probably fix this - but would be useful to see exactly what's going on...

Last edited by lb0; 05-02-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:58 AM   #3036
lb0

Quote:

OSX 10.12.4
Macbook retina 2015
Reaper 5.50pre5 - 64bit.
Hi again,

I have been able to replicate the issue here by reducing the surface size to less than my monitors resolution.

So I'll come up with a solution.

In the meantime - make sure the stripper script window is smaller than 2048*2048 pixels.

EDIT:

The black area is actually outside the strip surface area - the dark grey area is the strip surface area (by default)

However - I will make it act better as there are clearly a few issues.

Last edited by lb0; 05-02-2017 at 08:06 AM.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:26 AM   #3037
lb0

Ok - quick fix for VanHaze's issue.

If you're lucky enough to have a screen resolution > 2048 in either direction - the script behaved a bit odd.

So a quick fix - clamps the work area (strip surface area) to the left and top if you expand the script window beyond the limits.

Also in this case - in edit mode - a red box surrounds the work area - so it's obvious where to drop the controls.

The trails whilst dragging a control will still currently appear (until you drop the control) if you drag it across the 'black' area outside the red box boundary. I can easy enough add code to prevent this - but will take a little longer...

I suspect if you have an overlarge script window - the lists on the left will also behave oddly - again will address this soon.

I wish there was a way to prevent the script window from being made bigger than a certain size - but I don't think it's possible as yet to do this.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #3038
vanhaze

Yes, this is way better !
Great fix, thanks a bunch !!
Old 05-02-2017, 11:57 AM   #3039
lb0

Quote:
Yes, this is way better !
Great fix, thanks a bunch !!
No worries.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:50 PM   #3040
RJHollins

Things working good !

Got an idea/request

With the new RCM function allowing PrgCHngs. The current function uses a pull-down selector.

?Question? would it be possible to use a Stepped KNOB to issue PrgCHng commands ?

There is a library by HO called AIR. Each GAIN is a separate Preset. Presets are divided into 4 banks, where it would be great to use a 3 position toggle switch to activate a group of presets.

But first ... possible KNOB to do PrgCHng ?

Thank-you kindly