Old 12-12-2018, 07:28 AM   #1
GaryLeeMichaels
Human being with feelings

Default Freezes on Load Project

I'm slowly getting proficient with Reaper but have had a problem pop up. Some projects I've done before will freeze on 'load project'. It'll read and load all VST plugins but when it gets to load project, it freezes. These aren't long projects...mostly voiceovers.

I switched some time back from using 'Direct Sound' or 'Wave Out' as the audio driver to the ASIO driver (vastly superior), but have found some of my earlier projects freeze on loading until I reset the driver back to 'direct sound'. When I'm done I have to reset back to the ASIO driver for new projects. Strange...any suggestions?
GaryLeeMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
vordex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLeeMichaels View Post
I'm slowly getting proficient with Reaper but have had a problem pop up. Some projects I've done before will freeze on 'load project'. It'll read and load all VST plugins but when it gets to load project, it freezes. These aren't long projects...mostly voiceovers.

I switched some time back from using 'Direct Sound' or 'Wave Out' as the audio driver to the ASIO driver (vastly superior), but have found some of my earlier projects freeze on loading until I reset the driver back to 'direct sound'. When I'm done I have to reset back to the ASIO driver for new projects. Strange...any suggestions?
I had a problem a few months back like this. It turned out my project sample rate & device sample rate were different, and something (my Focusrite ASIO driver?) didn't like that. In REAPER options, I unchecked the option to allow project to override the device sample rate, and then the project loaded.
vordex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:51 AM   #3
GaryLeeMichaels

Holy Cow that worked! Excellent and thanks so very much!
GaryLeeMichaels is offline   Reply With Quote