Old 12-13-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
Seanpatsdad
Human being with feelings

Default Super Noob Question

I am just looking to run Steven Slate Drums 5 through Reaper to use with my Roland TD-17 drum kit.I am not looking to record or anything just want to use to access the different kits.I am using the Windows 64 version and can not figure out how to get SSD5 to show up.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
John
Seanpatsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:35 PM   #2
prom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanpatsdad View Post
I am just looking to run Steven Slate Drums 5 through Reaper to use with my Roland TD-17 drum kit.I am not looking to record or anything just want to use to access the different kits.I am using the Windows 64 version and can not figure out how to get SSD5 to show up.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.
John

Go to Reaper > Options > Preferences > Plugins > VST - make sure the path to your external VSTi/VST folder is listed correctly and scanned.
Then check Preferences > MIDI Devices section for entries relating to your Roland TD-17 (should be listed as you have to have a way to get the SSD5 plugins midi triggered from your Roland kit.(If no Roland gear listed there then could it be you have not installed any Roland software drivers that are required?)
Make a track in Reaper and right click over the meter, you should see the option for "input" ,select Input MIDI and scroll right to select your roland triggers.
(just guessing here really because I'm not familiar with routing midi triggers from external sources)
Hope you get it operational.
prom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
Seanpatsdad

Thanks for the reply
Seanpatsdad is offline   Reply With Quote