Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #1
laser558
Human being with feelings

Default Free Item Positioning not working as it should

Hello all. Has anyone else noticed that in 5.78, Free Item Positioning is not working as it should, for example, as in 5.76. I am selecting the first track, splitting the recording and ordinarily, when I select FIP, the track splits into two. Now it is not. Any thoughts?
laser558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
laser558

I'm sorry to bring this up again but I would welcome anyone testing this as well. If you install Reaper 5.76, lay up any music track, for example, make two splits, then select Free Item Positioning. You will see the one track immediately splits into two. Now, try this with any later version, doing exactly the same thing and you will see the split does not occur. At least, from my point of view. I would appreciate someone else checking this. Thank you.
laser558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 06:18 PM   #3
domzy

Isn't the split function the one that's splitting the item? Free item positioning just allows you to put stuff in lanes (if the track is wide enough) doesn't it? I'm probably misunderstanding your problem though, so maybe post a pic.
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote