Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 01-19-2023, 03:52 PM   #1161
TonE
Human being with feelings

Just tried, it worked normally. I am almost sure I tried all kind of variants in the past could not get any sound, now it just worked without doing much. Anyway cool. This needs to be tested to its limits.

Not sure if possible, a dream case would be composing in hackey trackey and sample player, then being able to export as MOD file (4 channel MOD* file of course, not more, keeping all minimal), with the used samples from hackey trackey sample player. How crazy would be that?
Then opening this exported MOD file in protracker clone, and it would sound same, or similar, its 8 bit variant. There could be 8 bit MOD export and 16 bit MOD export. Assumption is always in hackey trackey only 4 channels should be used as well... Just a side dream. There are lots of mid2mod tools, those I need to check out as well. But the dream technique would be for sure directly from hackey trackey and its sample player.

* 4 channel MOD file with maximum 31 samples allowed. hackey trackey could use notes from midi channels 2,3,4,5 for assigning to the 4 channels of MOD file...

Last edited by TonE; 01-20-2023 at 12:51 AM. Reason: added 31 sample maximum limit information for MOD files.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 04:26 PM   #1162
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Just tried, it worked normally. I am almost sure I tried all kind of variants in the past could not get any sound, now it just worked without doing much. Anyway cool. This needs to be tested to its limits.
Hm. Strange.

Quote:
Not sure if possible, a dream case would be composing in hackey trackey and sample player, then being able to export as MOD file (4 channel MOD* file of course, not more, keeping all minimal), with the used samples from hackey trackey sample player. How crazy would be that?
Then opening this exported MOD file in protracker clone, and it would sound same, or similar, its 8 bit variant. There could be 8 bit MOD export and 16 bit MOD export. Assumption is always in hackey trackey only 4 channels should be used as well... Just a side dream. There are lots of mid2mod tools, those I need to check out as well. But the dream technique would be for sure directly from hackey trackey and its sample player.

* 4 channel MOD file with maximum 31 samples allowed. hackey trackey could use notes from midi channels 2,3,4,5 for assigning to the 4 channels of MOD file...
Sorry, but that seems like too much work for relatively little benefit. Why not work in a tracker directly if that's the end goal?

Changelog
Amaranth: Added some performance improvements to how resampling quality is handled in grain playback (should see a small reduction in CPU usage).
Yutani: Fixed a bug with the inharmonicity effect. Prior to the fix, the frequency shift applied with the in-harmonicity effect was not stored (I guess nobody used it yet? xD).
Lava-verb / Ravager: By request, I've added some eco graphics modes to Ravager (no particles) and lava verb (no fluid simulation). You can enable these if you notice the UI thread is too busy:

Old 01-30-2023, 06:33 AM   #1163
TonE

What a futuristic interface, even without the lava.
Regarding MOD saving I agree, too much work, too little gain. Posted, to keep the idea around here, for future, one never knows, someone might be interested in this idea as well. Its main gain would be an alternative environment for composing 4 channel MOD files for Protracker clone. Yes, as you said one can start directly there, but having the option here (Reaper, RPP, hackey trackey, hackey trackey sample player) would allow completing almost complete song here in Reaper, then taking its result there, finetuning and continuing there, meaning not starting from zero there, plus all the extra options, features here... some game MOD composers might be interested in this as well, if there are still such composers around.
Old 01-30-2023, 01:10 PM   #1164
mpl

Just played with lava + ravager and thats AWESOME. Thanks.

Btw the graphics is something at another level, I`ve never saw such huge work on any ReaScript/JSFX stuff.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 01:43 PM   #1165
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Btw the graphics is something at another level
TRUE ARTIST!!!
Old 01-30-2023, 04:58 PM   #1166
Surgo

I didn't realize that this was your thread for feature requests, so I'll paste what I posted in a different thread that I doubt you're checking here. Sorry for the double post.

The spectral analyzer is already a great improvement over the stock plugin. I was wondering about a couple of possible improvements. I have no idea how hard or easy they would be.

(1) Would it be possible to maximize the spectrogram window, so that only the spectrogram is shown? Idea: I'm doing work that depends on the spectrogram only, not the instantaneous analyzer.

(2) Would it be possible to add gridlines and a scale to the spectrogram? Idea: same as above, doing work that depends on the spectrogram, need to see where frequencies appear. I know you can click on spots, but gridlines really are helpful!

(3) Would it be possible to set the spectrogram window to have some level of transparency, so windows underneath could be seen? Idea: Helpful when comparing sounds, can stack two spectrogram windows on top of each other.

For (3), someone in the other thread (edit: it was TonE, who posted above!) already pointed out that I can use AutoHotKey to get a window transparency going. I did that and it works pretty well! If you want to take up the feature request though, it would still be helpful for making the spectrogram by itself transparent and the rest of the window opaque.
Surgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:24 PM   #1167
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgo View Post
(1) Would it be possible to maximize the spectrogram window, so that only the spectrogram is shown? Idea: I'm doing work that depends on the spectrogram only, not the instantaneous analyzer.
You can drag the middle line all the way up. The relative size of the sonogram to the analyzer is relative. I could add disabling the instantaneous analyzer in the future though.Added this as an option. Right click on the sonogram and select "Show only sonogram".

Quote:
(2) Would it be possible to add gridlines and a scale to the spectrogram? Idea: same as above, doing work that depends on the spectrogram, need to see where frequencies appear. I know you can click on spots, but gridlines really are helpful!
I've added some grid lines. I've also overhauled the colormapping since it was kind of funky. It's now more consistent with what one would expect (logarithmic spectrum).

Quote:
(3) Would it be possible to set the spectrogram window to have some level of transparency, so windows underneath could be seen? Idea: Helpful when comparing sounds, can stack two spectrogram windows on top of each other.
I don't know of a way to achieve that in JSFX, so hopefully TonE's suggestion suffices.

To summarize the changes made to the spectral analyzer:
- There is now a right click context menu that allows you to choose various display options
- There is an optional frequency grid.
- Right click context menu can be used to switch between log and non-log display.
- Scrollwheel still enables zooming into the low frequencies.
- Left click still drags the scale, for which there is now visual feedback.
- The color mapping was also overhauled and is now done logarithmically, to be more in line with the rest of the analyzer.
- Added two extra colormaps. Turbo from here and bluered from here:
- Added option to hide instantaneous spectrum entirely.
- Adds a 4x speed mode to the sonogram.
- Show a different arrow cursor when dragging the sonogram divider.

Hopefully I didn't introduce any new bugs. Be vigilant

Last edited by sai'ke; 02-04-2023 at 11:27 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:43 AM   #1168
rafa1981

Thanks for this! I'll check at home.
rafa1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 02:21 PM   #1169
FeedTheCat

Wow, nice features... thx Saike!

Small thing. Would it maybe be possible to improve the startup time with the max setting? (Or make it build upwards?) I've set it as the default (preset) but it can take a while until you start seeing any signal.

Also, while I was making the GIF I noticed a small bug in the LoadSpectrum script. (The channels are not opened correctly if you keep deleting the track)

Fix: Reset hash with SetProjExtState in line 202

Code:
if not track_spec then
    -- Reset project hash in case track was deleted
    SetProjExtState(0, extname, 'hash', '')
    -- Create spectrum track at the end
    reaper.InsertTrackAtIndex(track_cnt, true)
Old 02-06-2023, 01:29 PM   #1170
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Wow, nice features... thx Saike!

Small thing. Would it maybe be possible to improve the startup time with the max setting? (Or make it build upwards?) I've set it as the default (preset) but it can take a while until you start seeing any signal.
Should be fixed in latest. Thanks for the reminder

Quote:
Also, while I was making the GIF I noticed a small bug in the LoadSpectrum script. (The channels are not opened correctly if you keep deleting the track)

Fix: Reset hash with SetProjExtState in line 202
*snip*
Good catch and thanks for the fix! I've amended it in the repo.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:31 AM   #1171
UknownSource

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
In MIDI arp it's bound under scrollwheel (since there the blocks have no "settings" anyhow).

the notes are not showing in the midi arp unless I play a midi.
is that by design?

oh i see it creates chords rhythms
sweet!

but I notice that if I play a loop of 4 notes chord, it changes the order of the notes every 2 loops

Last edited by UknownSource; 02-09-2023 at 04:50 AM.
UknownSource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 02:48 PM   #1172
Suzuki

Hi, thanks for phenomenal JSFXs Any plan on adding presets like this video to SEQS? It would be a great start point to many users!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cF9u7FiwuM

Also, maybe you might want to add Saike signature to Squashman and bric-abrac too (easier to find).

Edit:
I tried Amaranth. While tooltips explain the feature well, one thing I'm not sure is x option on the modulator option. What does it do? Btw, the tooltip on the reset button is the same as the crop "Crop to loop".

Last edited by Suzuki; 02-20-2023 at 04:52 AM.
Suzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 06:08 AM   #1173
beingmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmf View Post
Aloha Saike!
The Monitor Routing Utility is absolutely amazing, thank you!
To add even more amazement - how difficult would it be to make the buttons automatable as well? I find myself toggling the Subwoofer switch from time to time, and I can imagine that Dim, Mono etc. might be essential for some users with a Midi monitor controller.
This utility bound to ReaLearn is effin' great!
Old 02-21-2023, 07:57 AM   #1174
Suzuki

Some bug reports regarding SEQS.

1. It only happens on the very bottom row.

2. I think users would expect an effect row move to the shiny line. In this case Degrade should be moved to the position between filters, no?

3. ctrl+alt+LMB doesn't work for me.

4. shift+drag and shift+RMB only works after I click the outside of SEQS (or in other words unfocus the plugin window), so if I want to select a certain area and copy/paste that, I need to click the track, make a selection, click the track, copy, click the track, and paste it. Is it just me?

Edit:Both REAPER and SEQS latest, Windows 10.

Last edited by Suzuki; 02-21-2023 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-21-2023, 04:47 PM   #1175
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by UknownSource View Post
the notes are not showing in the midi arp unless I play a midi.
is that by design?

oh i see it creates chords rhythms
sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingmf View Post
To add even more amazement - how difficult would it be to make the buttons automatable as well? I find myself toggling the Subwoofer switch from time to time, and I can imagine that Dim, Mono etc. might be essential for some users with a Midi monitor controller.
This utility bound to ReaLearn is effin' great!
Glad to hear that. I have bound a few of them just now (in v0.07). Not the routing options yet, but I may add that in the future as well if that would be particularly useful. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote:
but I notice that if I play a loop of 4 notes chord, it changes the order of the notes every 2 loops
Having trouble reproducing this. Do you have a minimal example in which you can demonstrate this? Preferably no external VSTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
Hi, thanks for phenomenal JSFXs Any plan on adding presets like this video to SEQS? It would be a great start point to many users!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cF9u7FiwuM
True. I should ship some presets with SEQS in the future. It's a good idea. I've been holding off on that a bit until I have a (mostly) feature freeze.

Quote:
Also, maybe you might want to add Saike signature to Squashman and bric-abrac too (easier to find).
Most of them don't have that signature. I'll start adding it retroactively.

Quote:
I tried Amaranth. While tooltips explain the feature well, one thing I'm not sure is x option on the modulator option. What does it do? Btw, the tooltip on the reset button is the same as the crop "Crop to loop".
The X was a bug XD. Removed, thanks.

Quote:
Some bug reports regarding SEQS.

1. It only happens on the very bottom row.
Should be fixed now, thanks!

Quote:
2. I think users would expect an effect row move to the shiny line. In this case Degrade should be moved to the position between filters, no?
I think so too. It's a bug. Thanks for the report. Fixed!

Quote:
3. ctrl+alt+LMB doesn't work for me.
Curious. It seems I forgot to implement that. It should work now.

Quote:
4. shift+drag and shift+RMB only works after I click the outside of SEQS (or in other words unfocus the plugin window), so if I want to select a certain area and copy/paste that, I need to click the track, make a selection, click the track, copy, click the track, and paste it. Is it just me?

Edit:Both REAPER and SEQS latest, Windows 10.
I've reproduced this on my machine (also W10). Was definitely a bug. I fixed it now. Note that while doing this, I did notice that probabilities are not yet copied with the blocks. I will do this in the future.

Thanks for all the bug reports! I really appreciate the time you all take to let me know about them. I was especially surprised about the very broken copy/paste behaviour.

I have a new small toy coming up soonish, but I haven't quite finished work on it
Old 02-22-2023, 12:06 AM   #1176
lachinhan

Quote:
Oh. how to get 2 tracks Bass and Syn into Spectral Analyzer like you?
Thanks
lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:30 AM   #1177
rafa1981

It has multiple audio inputs. Just routing I guess.
rafa1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 06:21 AM   #1178
todd_r

Use the LoadSpectrum.lua script to setup the routing for you
todd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 08:37 AM   #1179
beingmf

Quote:
Glad to hear that. I have bound a few of them just now (in v0.07). Not the routing options yet, but I may add that in the future as well if that would be particularly useful. Shouldn't be too difficult.
WOWSERS - thanks sooo much, Saike! <3
Old 02-22-2023, 11:31 AM   #1180
TonE

Quote:
I have a new small toy coming up soonish, but I haven't quite finished work on it
It will be great for sure. Any hints on its area of operation?

Another idea I had a few days back, how would it be if saike ARP and SEQS would allow "importing pattern programming" from MID files or via item drag and drop from Reapers arrange? Imgine programming it via hackey trackey, drop its result to saike ARP and SEQS, use this pattern there, but now, with swing and probability.
It could work very easily. Algorithm would look to MID in steps of 16th note lengths, then sorting the pitches from lowest to highest. The lowest pitch would be mapped to lowest row in saike ARP or SEQS, next higher pitch mapped to next higher row in ARP/SEQS and so on. Then you could save any preset mechanism. As you could use any MID file programming for preset programming. Only need to set, swing, probability and other fx. Thought this might be a generally useful technique. If not too difficult to implement.
Old 02-22-2023, 01:37 PM   #1181
Suzuki

Fix confirmed! Thank you so much for the quick action

Some ideas or questions here I came up with when using SEQS. I hope some of them aren't too difficult to implement and make sense.

1. Retrigger only play the start position of the sample. Is there a way to offset the playhead position? (e.g. retriggering the middle part of the loop)

2. Two modulators are very useful, but sometimes I'd like to modulate parameters by envelope, LFO etc because I can add movement in each block. Could you add more parameters to parameter list and allow users to modulate them by REAPER's native parameter modulation feature? Currently most parameters we can automate is enable/disable. It would be handy if we can automate retrigger rate for example.

3. Shouldn't the "Turn filter off" box be ticked by default? I expected that behavior since this is a sequenced FX plugin and I thought effects are only turned on when there's a block, but this might be my personal opinion.

4. Maybe it would be useful if we can leave the blocks as they are and cycle through only the effects to audition them. In this way, probably you can keep the current number of the effect rows and don't cram UI even if you want to add new effects later. Also, users can use the same effects which have different settings at the same time.

5. This is a nitpicky thing, but Frequency shifter should be Frequency "S"hifter.

6. The pattern selection via MIDI mode literally remembers only effects block and modulators block. It might be useful if it also remembers each effects' on/off and which effects parameter modulator is bound to.

7. Currently we can only use MIDI notes to change pattern selections. Is it possible to add a mode to toggle enable/disable each effects by MIDI notes? Or maybe option to toggle off the pattern selection mode would suffice because we can already assign midi link to each effects' enable/disable parameter. Any effects can be enable/disabled by assigning MIDI link to bypass/unbypass switch, so we could sequence (externally though) the combination of SEQS' internal effects and any FX in theory. It would be a bit tedious to set up and I'm not sure if it actually work though. Just an idea.

8. Option to select multiple effects and randomize/clear pattern at once would be handy.

Edit:
7. Or maybe it's easier to use MIDI Gate plugin by Geraint Luff than MIDI Link if we want to utilize external effects in conjunction with SEQS.

Edit2:
Bypass/unbypass switch approach made transport flash red. Dry/wet knob approach is better, but knob goes from 0% to only 79% even though scale is set to 100%.

Edit3:
MIDI Link method is simpler, having less tracks and FXs. Sorry if this is offtopic.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Effects Sequencer.zip (6.5 KB, 47 views)

Last edited by Suzuki; 02-23-2023 at 11:34 AM.
Old 02-23-2023, 04:14 PM   #1182
sai'ke

Quote:
It will be great for sure. Any hints on its area of operation?

Another idea I had a few days back, how would it be if saike ARP and SEQS would allow "importing pattern programming" from MID files or via item drag and drop from Reapers arrange? Imgine programming it via hackey trackey, drop its result to saike ARP and SEQS, use this pattern there, but now, with swing and probability.
It could work very easily. Algorithm would look to MID in steps of 16th note lengths, then sorting the pitches from lowest to highest. The lowest pitch would be mapped to lowest row in saike ARP or SEQS, next higher pitch mapped to next higher row in ARP/SEQS and so on. Then you could save any preset mechanism. As you could use any MID file programming for preset programming. Only need to set, swing, probability and other fx. Thought this might be a generally useful technique. If not too difficult to implement.
Unfortunately, quite difficult to implement. I'll keep it in mind, but it's unlikely to happen any time soon.

Quote:
Fix confirmed! Thank you so much for the quick action

Some ideas or questions here I came up with when using SEQS. I hope some of them aren't too difficult to implement and make sense.
A lot of them make a lot of sense, but are unfortunately quite difficult to implement.

Quote:
1. Retrigger only play the start position of the sample. Is there a way to offset the playhead position? (e.g. retriggering the middle part of the loop
No, unfortunately not. SEQS does not do lookahead and therefore cannot look into the future. Imagine a retrigger block with the offset set to a large value: this would result into the playhead going into the future. It would only be possible to do this and guarantee no glitches if a full pattern were to be used as readahead (since someone could drag a retrig block over the entire pattern).

What would be possible is to add a retrigger offset based on the fraction of the block already played. But it would be a non-constant time retrigger which would probably not have much use.

Inspired by your suggestion, I did just add the ability to add an offset to the playback of the recorded samples however (because in that case, you have the entire sample already).

Quote:
2. Two modulators are very useful, but sometimes I'd like to modulate parameters by envelope, LFO etc because I can add movement in each block. Could you add more parameters to parameter list and allow users to modulate them by REAPER's native parameter modulation feature? Currently most parameters we can automate is enable/disable. It would be handy if we can automate retrigger rate for example.
Unfortunately, because of how it's set up, automating retrigger is not easy. The playhead resets are prepared when advancing a column. At most, it might be possible to expose the retrigger rate somehow, but this would likely require a nasty hack and then it would still only update at the block transition. Would it still be useful if it was only update-able at the block level (and without the offset)?

As for the other parameters, most of the parameters are only updated at the block level. This is done to save on CPU (since JSFX is pretty CPU hungry) and to make sure I can do tiny fade in and fade outs to make sure that there are no clicks and pops. Which parameters (other than the playhead effects which are particularly hard to expose) would you be interested in having on the timeline, and I can see for each individual one what can be done.

Quote:
3. Shouldn't the "Turn filter off" box be ticked by default? I expected that behavior since this is a sequenced FX plugin and I thought effects are only turned on when there's a block, but this might be my personal opinion.
I agree. I made that the default now.

Quote:
4. Maybe it would be useful if we can leave the blocks as they are and cycle through only the effects to audition them. In this way, probably you can keep the current number of the effect rows and don't cram UI even if you want to add new effects later. Also, users can use the same effects which have different settings at the same time.
It's a great idea. Unfortunately though, it's really not possible anymore with how things are set up. If I ever do a complete rework (but that will be a while, if it would happen), I'll definitely take that into consideration.

Quote:
5. This is a nitpicky thing, but Frequency shifter should be Frequency "S"hifter.
Fixed.

Quote:
6. The pattern selection via MIDI mode literally remembers only effects block and modulators block. It might be useful if it also remembers each effects' on/off and which effects parameter modulator is bound to.
This is not possible and unfortunately extremely difficult to do in the way things are set up in the current version. I suspect that in this use case, it might be more practical to just switch presets?

Quote:
7. Currently we can only use MIDI notes to change pattern selections. Is it possible to add a mode to toggle enable/disable each effects by MIDI notes? Or maybe option to toggle off the pattern selection mode would suffice because we can already assign midi link to each effects' enable/disable parameter. Any effects can be enable/disabled by assigning MIDI link to bypass/unbypass switch, so we could sequence (externally though) the combination of SEQS' internal effects and any FX in theory. It would be a bit tedious to set up and I'm not sure if it actually work though. Just an idea.
Allowing the pattern switching to be turned off would be easy.
Allowing MIDI notes to trigger them is also possible, though it'd be tricky to link it up. Is your use case to do it from a midi controller?

Quote:
8. Option to select multiple effects and randomize/clear pattern at once would be handy.
You can randomize a block by dragging it the way you do a copy/paste (shift+drag) and then doing shift + click on randomize.

Quote:
Edit:
7. Or maybe it's easier to use MIDI Gate plugin by Geraint Luff than MIDI Link if we want to utilize external effects in conjunction with SEQS.

Edit2:
Bypass/unbypass switch approach made transport flash red. Dry/wet knob approach is better, but knob goes from 0% to only 79% even though scale is set to 100%.

Edit3:
MIDI Link method is simpler, having less tracks and FXs. Sorry if this is offtopic.
Sounds like a great workaround. Thanks for reporting back and letting other users know as well.
Old 02-23-2023, 09:08 PM   #1183
Surgo

Just wanted to give a giant thank you for the spectrogram changes! It's really awesome!
Surgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 05:43 AM   #1184
Starshine

Default awesome!

Thank you for the killer plugins! I'm in search of "signature sounds" and think Ravager is going to be putting in some work on drums. Tons of ideas about what I want to try with the band splitter, so that's up next.
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 04:06 AM   #1185
Neuro... No Neuro

Just wanted to say that Amaranth is by far one of the best granular tools I've used - I have TONS of granular plugins, but this one really takes the cake for when I want that Max/MSP - PureData sound (which is pretty much all the time). Just beautiful!
Neuro... No Neuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 11:12 AM   #1186
Suzuki

Thanks for taking your time to explain them in detail! After experimenting with it, what i want to do can be achievable by using retrigger and reset in combination I found my workflow on other points as well.

Found a bug relating to the playhead effects.

Quote:
You can randomize a block by dragging it the way you do a copy/paste (shift+drag) and then doing shift + click on randomize.
I didn't know this. Quite useful, thanks.

Your work is not only useful but also very interesting to use, which gives users a lot of ideas!
Old 02-26-2023, 04:36 AM   #1187
sai'ke

Quote:
Just wanted to give a giant thank you for the spectrogram changes! It's really awesome!
You´re very welcome. I think those changes were very overdue (partly because the code for that plugin is messy and it makes it hard to maintain), but you gave me the little push I needed to bite the bullet and implement them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
Thank you for the killer plugins! I'm in search of "signature sounds" and think Ravager is going to be putting in some work on drums. Tons of ideas about what I want to try with the band splitter, so that's up next.
Cool! Hope you find what you're looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro... No Neuro View Post
Just wanted to say that Amaranth is by far one of the best granular tools I've used - I have TONS of granular plugins, but this one really takes the cake for when I want that Max/MSP - PureData sound (which is pretty much all the time). Just beautiful!
Cool! Glad you like it

Quote:
Thanks for taking your time to explain them in detail! After experimenting with it, what i want to do can be achievable by using retrigger and reset in combination I found my workflow on other points as well.
That's great!

Quote:
Found a bug relating to the playhead effects.
What do you think would be the expected behaviour here? Starting at 1?

Quote:
Your work is not only useful but also very interesting to use, which gives users a lot of ideas!

There's a new plugin on the repo now. It's called duskverb. You can see a demo of an earlier version of it here:

It is intended to be used on simple arpeggios or short stabs, but I´d love to hear someone use it on some different types of source material. Be mindful that it is still very much in alpha status.
Old 02-26-2023, 04:52 AM   #1188
Suzuki

Quote:
What do you think would be the expected behaviour here? Starting at 1?
Well, maybe I should have explained it clearly, but I just thought it looks weird that deleting blocks from the leftside actually deletes the block while deleting blocks from the rightside (I'm right clicking in the example gif above) increases the number of blocks and counts down the number.

Congratulations for the release

Last edited by Suzuki; 02-26-2023 at 05:00 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 02-26-2023, 04:53 AM   #1189
sai'ke

Quote:
Well, maybe I should have explained it clearly, but I just thought deleting blocks from the leftside actually delete the block while deleting blocks from the rightside (I'm right clicking in the example gif above) increase the number of blocks and count down the number than deleting them looks weird.
Yeah, makes sense. I'll fix that up on the next release.
EDIT: Starting from v0.121, it will use the start point of the drag operation as reference value.

Quote:
Congratulations for the release
Thank you

Last edited by sai'ke; 02-26-2023 at 06:24 AM.
sai'ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 06:19 AM   #1190
Manwë

Quote:
There's a new plugin on the repo now. It's called duskverb. You can see a demo of an earlier version of it here:

It is intended to be used on simple arpeggios or short stabs, but I´d love to hear someone use it on some different types of source material. Be mindful that it is still very much in alpha status.
You have the best JSFX, thank you for all the great stuff!
Manwë is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 08:50 AM   #1191
Fergler

When a plugin demo is also fantastic background music for my cooking sesh
Sounds incredible
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 11:35 AM   #1192
tonalstates

That demo sounds so nice! Also the pixel art man <333 congrats on being awesome 😎👌
tonalstates is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 12:37 PM   #1193
Ears

Oooooo.. Dusk verb sounds so cute and gentle, I love it. 🥰

Thanks again for another beautiful sounding FX.
Ears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 01:19 PM   #1194
Cosmic

I'm absolutely loving Yutani..new fave synth
Old 02-28-2023, 04:08 AM   #1195
Andreya

Yeah Dusk Verb sounds fantastic to my ears, and I'm not even such a big fan of shimmer-reverb usually. Very nice work.

Couple small nitpicks about the filter freq parameters:
The param names are weird, like high frequency frequency or something. Not a big deal really but unintended I reckon.
What's more annoying is the sliders for those filter freqs are a bit finnicky to grab. Those could use a bigger hitbox I feel.

Oh, and there are some params in the param list which aren't on the UI I think? Like "reverb smooth". What do those do, out of curiosity?
Andreya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 01:18 PM   #1196
Starshine

When I first started learning REAPER (and DAWing in general) I had only looked at some of the prebundled jsfx that were written a while back. At that time I had a typical new user perspective about everything and didn't realize there's a whole hoppin' scene yet! A recently a friend recommended your plugins, and they're amazing! The sound great, are intuitive to use, and the visual aesthetics are a nice touch that I didn't even know was possible.

I've started working on a plugin myself; when I get to adding a GUI, I already know what examples I'll be looking at for how to put one together ^__^

Thanks for the tunes tools and for the inspiration!
Starshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 03:44 PM   #1197
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachinhan View Post
Oh. how to get 2 tracks Bass and Syn into Spectral Analyzer like you?
Thanks
I forgot to answer, but todd got it \/
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Use the LoadSpectrum.lua script to setup the routing for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwë View Post
You have the best JSFX, thank you for all the great stuff!
Thanks for the kind words. Hope you get some good use out of some of 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
When a plugin demo is also fantastic background music for my cooking sesh
Sounds incredible
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonalstates View Post
That demo sounds so nice! Also the pixel art man <333 congrats on being awesome 😎👌
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ears View Post
Oooooo.. Dusk verb sounds so cute and gentle, I love it. 🥰

Thanks again for another beautiful sounding FX.
You're welcome. Glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
I'm absolutely loving Yutani..new fave synth
I've been meaning to upload some of my newer presets for Yutani, but I still gotta clean them up a bit. Any favorite feature or plugin to pair it with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreya View Post
Yeah Dusk Verb sounds fantastic to my ears, and I'm not even such a big fan of shimmer-reverb usually. Very nice work.
Thank you.

Quote:
The param names are weird, like high frequency frequency or something. Not a big deal really but unintended I reckon.
Good catch. Bit sloppy on my part, sorry about that. Fixing!

Quote:
What's more annoying is the sliders for those filter freqs are a bit finnicky to grab. Those could use a bigger hitbox I feel.
Good point! I'll increase their size a bit in the next version (edit: new version with bigger hitbox is up now).

Quote:
Oh, and there are some params in the param list which aren't on the UI I think? Like "reverb smooth". What do those do, out of curiosity?
Smooth does nothing right now. It´s a vestigial parameter from an earlier version when I was still playing around with the mixing tap spacing. I forgot to remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
When I first started learning REAPER (and DAWing in general) I had only looked at some of the prebundled jsfx that were written a while back. At that time I had a typical new user perspective about everything and didn't realize there's a whole hoppin' scene yet! A recently a friend recommended your plugins, and they're amazing! The sound great, are intuitive to use, and the visual aesthetics are a nice touch that I didn't even know was possible.

I've started working on a plugin myself; when I get to adding a GUI, I already know what examples I'll be looking at for how to put one together ^__^

Thanks for the tunes tools and for the inspiration!
Awesome! Happy to hear that

If you want to dig around in the code, I would definitely sooner go for the newer ones than the older ones (since I was still getting to grips with the things that make JSFX special when writing the earlier ones). However, if you want to see some really great ones (very readable nice code), you should definitely have a look at Geraintluff's JSFX. They're fantastic.

Also, there's a nice discord for us scripters here ( https://discordapp.com/invite/eB7embG ) that's pretty active here.

Changelog
Dusk Verb: Added damping parameter. Can be found on the frequency slider. Whereas the regular filter (white widget) rolls off everything, the damping (blue widget) rolls off the late echos more than the early ones.
Dusk Verb: Improved handling of sliders by increasing their hitbox size.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:19 PM   #1198
Fergler

I was getting extremely strange response to MIDI using Partials until I realised the keyboard I was using for testing was sending expression cc 11 when tilting the keys (K-board).

What should expression the keys be doing and how can I control it in Partials? Having it on right now seems to have the effect of randomly dropping notes and messing with volumes.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 02:42 PM   #1199
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
I was getting extremely strange response to MIDI using Partials until I realised the keyboard I was using for testing was sending expression cc 11 when tilting the keys (K-board).

What should expression the keys be doing and how can I control it in Partials? Having it on right now seems to have the effect of randomly dropping notes and messing with volumes.
I've been unable to reproduce this locally. Over here, it doesn't respond to CC11 at all (as it should).

Any chance you could record this behaviour for me?

Is it possible you're just running out of polyphony? It only has 5 note polyphony.
Old 03-06-2023, 08:34 PM   #1200
Broken Glass Audio

I have dusk verb in heavy use on the most recent ReaMixed tune, really liking the results so far! Thanks for yet another awesome plug Sai'ke!!
Broken Glass Audio is offline   Reply With Quote