Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Live Use

Old 08-17-2022, 08:06 AM   #1
Medialink
Human being with feelings

Default Multichannel guitar signal processing

I am trying to create a setup for multichannel processing of a single guitar input for both live and recording purposes. I've seen several videos that deal with the subject about splitting guitars for FX processing and recording the output of one track to another but these are all dealing with recordings and not live input and when I follow those setups I don't get the desired results.

I am trying to do something along these lines...

Track 1 raw guitar signal - Master Off Monitoring Off - for recording raw guitar signal - no sends - no issue, independent from other channels

Track 2 Guitar input - for processing signal before splitting to FX channels - Master Off - Sends to FX channels - I don't want to hear (unless working on it) or have to record this track unless I choose

Track 3 FX track1 - Receive from Track 2 - Send output of FX to Track 5 - Master Off- I don't want to hear (unless working on it) or have to record this track unless I choose

Track 4 FX track2 - Receive from Track 2 - Send output of FX to Track 5- Master Off- I don't want to hear (unless working on it) or have to record this track unless I choose

Track 5 Guitar Amp - Master On - Monitoring On

The problem I am having is that unless Track 2 is Record Armed with Monitoring On, no signal is sent to Tracks 3 & 4 and if those tracks aren't Armed with Monitoring On no signal is sent to Track 5. When playing I only want to monitor Track 5 and I don't want to have to record Tracks 2-4 unnecessarily.

I'm probably missing something really simple, but I've been tearing my hair out over this for weeks so would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks
Medialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 03:26 PM   #2
Regisfofo

Would setting track 2 - 4 record option to 'none' do the trick ?
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 07:47 AM   #3
ashcat_lt

Track 2 needs to be armed with monitoring on. The rest won’t need it. You can set track 2 to record none (monitor only), but honestly you might as well just send from track 1 since it’s going to be armed anyway. Turn monitoring on there, send to the FX tracks. Eliminate track 2 entirely.
ashcat_lt is online now   Reply With Quote