Old 09-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #1
Don Currie
Human being with feelings

Default SimulAnalog and apply FX

I am experiencing consistent and repeatable Reaper crashes when applying fx as a new take with the SimulAnalog plugins (JCM900, Tube Screamer, Boss DS-1 etc.). Reaper is otherwise super stable on this machine. Anyone else seeing this?
Don Currie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
alex zonder

No problems with the JCM900 here nor with any other free amp/stomp box vst. Tried FrettedSynth's FreeAmp2?
alex zonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
Don Currie

Thanks Alex. Freeamp2 works here as well. All my other free plugins seem fine too. Just the SimulAnalog stuff seems to be causing the problem.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:00 AM   #4
alex zonder

Maybe you should try a reinstall (and VST rescan) after manually removing all of REAPER's .ini files in the Documents and Settings folders and see if that solves the problem?
alex zonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
Don Currie

I have been trying everything over the last few days with no positive result. But..after loading 1.13 today, problem solved.
Good thing too since my favorite FX chain is made up of mostly the Simulanalog stuff.
By the way, I have been playing with Ninjam in combination with Reaper (rearoute). Wow. Too cool! Anyone who hasn't tried the Ninjam software should. It is pretty sweet. Thanks for everything Justin. I'm gonna go pay you now.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:11 PM   #6
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Currie
I have been trying everything over the last few days with no positive result. But..after loading 1.13 today, problem solved.
Good thing too since my favorite FX chain is made up of mostly the Simulanalog stuff.
By the way, I have been playing with Ninjam in combination with Reaper (rearoute). Wow. Too cool! Anyone who hasn't tried the Ninjam software should. It is pretty sweet. Thanks for everything Justin. I'm gonna go pay you now.
Woohoo I'm glad the VST changes fixed your issues! I just hope they didnt break anything else hehe

I need to ninjam more, too...
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote