Old 04-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #481
goldie
Human being with feelings

Default Creative Sound Blaster X-FI SB0460?

Hello,

I have the CSB sound card listed in the title. My OS is Windows 7 running on a PC.

The connectivity on the card is:

> RCA 2-channel analog audio line in, mono phone jack with volume pot,
> MIDI in/out, Mic in, SPDIF in/out, optical (laser) in/out, headphone out, and aux in.

> I will be mixing down very simple demo tracks, vocals and acoustic
> guitar mostly, recorded on an Alesis ADAT XT at 44.1 KHz/16 bit with an AKG 414.
> They were recorded dry, so I'll need to sweeten the vocals. I also
> need to digitize and clean up some OLD archival cassettes. One spin is all you get!

My question: I can't tell if my card is covered in the list of working sound cards or not. Any opinions as to whether I'll be good to go, or have to buy new drivers?

This is my first post, so please forgive newbieness. And thanks for your help!

goldie
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #482
ivansc

Hi and welcome to the forums!

First off, based on what you wrote in your other thread, I would suggest that it is going to be more important to get a halfway decent audio interface rather than the consumer unit you have now.
It will sorta do what you want but a better interface will give you so much less hassle.

Plenty out there that will do ADAT (for your 8 track i/o) and since you really dont need to build a massive monster of a computer, you could easily wind up paying out for something with ADAT I/O and have plenty left over for a pretty good desktop, especially if you self-build.
Really not that difficult, honest!

I just found the Behringer UMC1820 which appears to have a generally good reputation for working at a very low price. BUT check around for other opinions before you leap in on it.
I have an old rme HDSP9652 pci card in my studio machine which has 3 ADAT I/O for a total of 24 in and out if I used them all! Cost me £200 used a few year back and is still updated regularly.{ Performance is excellent.
My laptop and my Mac Mini share a RME Babyface USB and ADAT interface which is also excellent.
Both a bit too pricey for you unless you get lucky on the used market like I did!

Last edited by ivansc; 05-07-2017 at 07:23 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:05 PM   #483
msuscorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibi.meszi View Post
Rednet works perfectly with Dante Virtual Soundcard, and Rednet Pcie card too...
That it does! Getting 2.6ms roundtrip latency with the RedNet PCIeR card without a hiccup!
msuscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #484
Kiddo

Default Roland Super UA perfect

Working Perfectly(44 to192khz rec / 352 khz pbk)good latency straight out of the box on win 10 pro 64 16gb ram rock solid so far only just got it.
OMfG Plug&PLay the grasshopper has landed it's about time bill .....installed asio driver and control panel without me doing anything it was just all there to use a 1st for me on anything windows.
Don't know why this didn't sell better, It seems to be a very good card, I think Roland did a good job on this it beats the hell out of my old focusrite 18i6 card which seemed to always have the odd click no matter what I did. The sound is much clearer than the focusrite so happy days so far hope it will last , me thinks it will.
May the Reaper be with you
and..................will we ever learn it all ..........................

Last edited by Kiddo; 05-27-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Kiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:41 AM   #485
semikid

UAD Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo (with specific MB gigabyte gaming 7 (the one with USB C thunderbolt) on PC
semikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:48 AM   #486
InTone

Focusrite 2i4 2nd Generation working well in Windows 10 and Manjaro.
InTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:31 AM   #487
pksdp

Default MOTU Ao

Hi - can anyone confirm to me if Reaper will recognise the MOTU Ao unit.

http://motu.com/products/avb/24ai-24ao

I need to interface with it on a forthcoming project.

Many thanks
pksdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #488
serr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pksdp View Post
Hi - can anyone confirm to me if Reaper will recognise the MOTU Ao unit.

http://motu.com/products/avb/24ai-24ao

I need to interface with it on a forthcoming project.

Many thanks
Reaper will recognize any connected audio interface that is either class compliant or has a compatible driver for your current version of OS.
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:40 AM   #489
Denial

Default Soundcards

I use a Delta 410, Delta 1010LT and Line 6 UX2
Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:35 AM   #490
Kenr

Will Reaper work with the UAD Apollo Twin duo Mk 2?

I have a Mac Pro that I'd like to run it on. Do the plugins work without issue?

Another thing I'm considering is the L22 mic which models many mics using UAD plugins. Hopefully this is all compatible.
Kenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #491
Curmudgeon1

Default Universal Audio UAD 2 Quad PCIe DSP

Is anyone using this device? Curious how it would function with Reaper.
Curmudgeon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 12:08 AM   #492
yolov

The M-Audio MobilePre USB no longer works on windows 10 (thank you MS for the updates!) in case anyone finds this useful. I've had my trusty old MobilePre for 5-6 years and since the last Win 10 updates the drivers no longer work. Thinking of switching to the 2nd gen Focusrite Scarlett.

Edit: Forgot to mention that MobilePre is discontinued and the last drivers were released for win7, but still worked on 8 and 10 until a few MS updates ago.
yolov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 11:52 PM   #493
Aymara

Presonus Quantum 2

Damn stable, superb sound quality and performance.

Chris

Last edited by Aymara; 11-22-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Aymara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:09 AM   #494
Aymara

The new Apogee Jam Plus also works like a charm and sounds very good.

Might be interesting for those, who only record guitar and bass, but no mics.

Chris
Old 11-22-2018, 03:23 AM   #495
ivansc

200 euros does seem a bit expensive for what it is, though. I got my RME Babyface for 300! Admittedly it WAS slightly used, but....
Old 11-22-2018, 03:28 AM   #496
Aymara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
200 euros does seem a bit expensive for what it is, though.
I bought the Apogee Jam Plus mainly for use with my iPad and for quick listening and mixing sessions on the Macbook.

For this purpose, especially considering it‘s portability, I found 169€ quite ok ... but ok, it‘s not recommendable for people being on a tight budget.

It defintely sounds much better than the iRig Pro, I used before.

PS: Quick tip for people being interested in a good thunderbolt interface: The Quantum 2 is currently available for 500€ instead of 750€!

Chris
Old 11-22-2018, 07:22 AM   #497
marsax73

Default Focusrite 18i20 (2nd Gen) & Behringer ADA8200

I'm using the Focusrite and Behringer ADAT with Windows 10 (both on a desktop and laptop) and they work wonderfully. Recording at 24bit/48Khz, the latency is around 5 ms with no dropouts.

For portable recording, I'm using a Behringer UMC404HD. For $100 USD, it's a solid interface with low latency.

Thanks!
My PC Setup: Intel i7-7700K; MSI B250M Motherboard; 32GB Crucial DD4-2400; 250GB Samsung 850 m.2 SSD; Crucial 500GB SSD; Windows 10 My Audio Gear:Focusrite 18i20 (2nd Gen); Mackie MR624 monitors; Waves Gold Bundle; Waves CLA Plugins; Slate Everything Bundle
marsax73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 04:00 PM   #498
grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon1 View Post
Is anyone using this device? Curious how it would function with Reaper.
Yes I do, PC as long as you have PCIe mounts in the computer you are good to go
I have had a quad card for a while I would recommend the bigger Octo.
I have just purchased one so have two cards in my rig.

Grinder
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:14 AM   #499
bublor

Default Presonus DigiMax D8 with Presonus 1818 VSL

Hey all,

I know the Presonus 1818 VSL was mentioned, but I also wanted to add that I have a Presonus 1818 VSL with a Presonus DigiMax D8.
The Presonus DigiMax D8 is an ADAT unit that adds 8 more pre-amps, giving a total of 16 preamps through the 1818 VSL ( the 1818 VSL only has 8 pre-amps ).

I connect the DigiMax D8 to the VSL with an ADAT cable and a BNC clock sync with VSL as source. I record 16 channels connected on my Lennox ThinkPad.
Recording our live sessions of our bands( 16 tracks: drums 10 tracks, bass 2 tracks, guitar, sampler, synth, vocals ). 44.1 kHz, USB 2.0 from VSL to laptop.

I also am running the Native Linux version of reaper. Latency is about 6 ms roundtrip, using JACK/Alsa. I will post latency and comp specs in the other message.

Thanks so much for the Linux version! I am running Ubuntu Studio with a Low-Latency Kernel. I have some interest in the Gentoo studio for even more latency, but am fine with what Ubuntu is giving me currently.

Cheers!

--John
bublor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:49 PM   #500
Swi

RedNet PCIe is working.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 06:40 AM   #501
steenhuis

Behringer x air 18 (18 track) is working.
steenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 05:35 AM   #502
AntonZ

I spent some time looking for an affordable ADAT card for my new PC. For many years an RME card has served me well, but that was XP and the older RME cards are not supported on Windows 10. A brand new RME card is beyond my budget. Is there such a thing as an affordable PCIe or USB interface that does ADAT? This is for amateur home use, I don't need large channel counts. Just one optical ADAT in and one out would be sufficient.
AntonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #503
BobF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonZ View Post
I spent some time looking for an affordable ADAT card for my new PC. For many years an RME card has served me well, but that was XP and the older RME cards are not supported on Windows 10. A brand new RME card is beyond my budget. Is there such a thing as an affordable PCIe or USB interface that does ADAT? This is for amateur home use, I don't need large channel counts. Just one optical ADAT in and one out would be sufficient.
Behringer UMC1820 does ADAT, not that I've used the ADAT capability. Otherwise it works great.

Some of the models with less I/O may support ADAT as well.
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 01:43 AM   #504
AntonZ

I didn't know that one yet. Not only does it have ADAT I/O for one device, it also has a bunch of inputs and outputs of itself. I was looking to reuse an ADA8000 that is gathering dust now that my old RME card from the XP days cannot be used anymore, and thought it would only need an ADAT card to work again. While the UMC1820 does have ADAT, it actually has all the analog I/O that I need. Funny how things evolve. An alternative would be to find a used RME Digiface USB. These don't show up much second hand and might still cost more than a new UMC1820. Thanks for the heads up Bob.
AntonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 03:26 AM   #505
Dragan

Default Presonus FireStudio Mobile

Can someone please explain why is audio changing peach when changing buffer size in Presonus FireStudio Mobile Universal Control ?
Dragan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:05 AM   #506
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonZ View Post
Buy a used HDSP one like I did. I am still on pci rather than pci-e and its still updated by RME & performance is great.
Old 01-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #507
davecan

Default Audiobox 1818VSL iMac help needed....

I've been using Reaper/Focusrite for years on a Windows 7 machine with no issues. A friend of mine has an iMac (Mojave, 48gb ram, 4.2 i7) that he is using with the Presonus AudioBox 1818vsl. He has been using Logic Pro X and everything works as it should with that hardware/software combination, but when I showed him how much better Reaper was, he wanted to give it a shot.

So we installed the 64-bit demo version and it sees the Audiobox, but doesn't seem to be talking to it. By that I mean I can select the audio device in Reaper and assign tracks to the inputs, but no signal seems to be coming in, nor is there any output.

We know that the hardware works with his system, because it's working with Logic. I'm feeling like maybe I'm just forgetting to do something stupid... Any thoughts or suggestions?
davecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 03:10 PM   #508
Aymara

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecan View Post
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Mojave has this new security feature, where you need to allow Reaper to use the microphone.

Was that selected, when installing Reaper?

Does it work with the onboard soundcard of the iMac (playback an imported audio track for example)?

Chris
Old 01-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #509
davecan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymara View Post
Mojave has this new security feature, where you need to allow Reaper to use the microphone.

Does it work with the onboard soundcard of the iMac (playback an imported audio track for example)?
Thanks for the reply.

No, that was not selected, because I figured it wasn't needed. I will reinstall and allow it... but I probably won't be there for a few days (my friend is not computer savvy at all).
Old 01-07-2020, 12:37 PM   #510
Aymara

Quote:
No, that was not selected, because I figured it wasn't needed. I will reinstall and allow it... but I probably won't be there for a few days (my friend is not computer savvy at all).
I think under „system preferences/privacy & security“ you can enable the mic without reinstalling Reaper.

Chris
Old 01-11-2020, 04:41 AM   #511
Stella645

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

Even a non computer savvy user should be able to manage this.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
Select Microphone.
Select the tickbox next to an app (Reaper in this case) to allow it to access the microphone.

All the mentions of microphone are irrelevant, it affects all audio input.
Stella645 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 02:39 PM   #512
davecan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella645 View Post
Even a non computer savvy user should be able to manage this.

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy.
Select Microphone.
Select the tickbox next to an app (Reaper in this case) to allow it to access the microphone.

All the mentions of microphone are irrelevant, it affects all audio input.
Quote:
I think under „system preferences/privacy & security“ you can enable the mic without reinstalling Reaper.
Thanks, people. I was there today and, yes, all it needed was to change the permission for the microphone. Reaper now working as it should!
Old 04-01-2020, 04:22 PM   #513
lexromah

Hi!

I have an Asus STU DAC. It doesn't have any inputs. Just outputs. In Cubase I used to mix the tracks that I recorded using this unit (Windows 10 x64). However in Reaper if I pick it up in Audio Device Settings it crashes the Reaper. Any suggestions how to fix this?
lexromah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:49 AM   #514
Stella645

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexromah View Post
Hi!

I have an Asus STU DAC. It doesn't have any inputs. Just outputs. In Cubase I used to mix the tracks that I recorded using this unit (Windows 10 x64). However in Reaper if I pick it up in Audio Device Settings it crashes the Reaper. Any suggestions how to fix this?
What driver type are you selecting?
Old 04-18-2020, 03:36 AM   #515
lexromah

Quote:
What driver type are you selecting?
I'm selecting STU ASIO driver.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot (485).png (50.9 KB, 249 views)
File Type: png Screenshot (486).png (40.7 KB, 231 views)
Old 04-18-2020, 06:04 AM   #516
Stella645

And when does it error....immediately you apply or after some time?

And is sample rate of project also set 44k (in case it's a problem with sr switching)
Old 04-18-2020, 06:08 AM   #517
hardplay

Default Terratec EWS88MT still works on win 7 /10 + Reaper 6

I know that this card is ancient but i did want to share this info, the TERRATEC EWS88MT still works with windows 7 and upwards and Reaper 6, i know many people ditched their cards when they passed from XP to win 7 etc.
Last week i installed a EWS88MT with the last drivers Terratec ever made in a machine with win7 for my son to play around with.
They still work a charm and to be honest can perform much better than some of the latest soundcards from big names.

The only difference is that first you have to install the Terratec control panel software then reboot ,after install the drivers via the windows hardware panel.

EDIT:
Works on Windos 7 32 bit
Works on Windows XP 64 bit (perfect)
Works on 64 bit win7 pro ,but you have to calibrate the card/s every time you start windows.

Last edited by hardplay; 06-26-2020 at 11:17 PM.
hardplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #518
zeekat

If we're at interfaces which work even if they shouldn't - Mackie Onyx Blackjack works perfectly in Windows 10, despite not being officially supported above Windows 7 - works flawlessly after upgrade installation. Apparently the driver is also installable in Windows 7 compatibility mode if you need to install it from scratch on 10.

Plus performance is better than on 7 in my case - lowest buffer/minimum latency streaming mode setting is finally stable enough to just leave it on as a default.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #519
lexromah

Quote:
And when does it error....immediately you apply or after some time?

And is sample rate of project also set 44k (in case it's a problem with sr switching)
Yeah, it crashes right away when I choose STU in the settings. Even in an empty project with no fx and no recorded takes. Looks like it doesn't depend on a samplerate, because I tried them all 44.1, 48, 88 and 96. Same result. In Cubase it just works. So I guess Reaper is incompatible with Asus STU ASIO driver. Don't know what I should do to make it work.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:45 AM   #520
TheM

Quote:

@Aymara

Hi Chris,

do you maybe know, if ASIO drivers are initially developed and written to completely bypass all Windows drivers and controllers, how it is possible that Windows still can control audio signal between Audio device and DAW? If user in Windows can control if Microphone is enabled/disabled even if user using ASIO driver, that should be the sign ASIO driver did not bypassed Windows?
TheM is offline   Reply With Quote