Old 09-12-2020, 02:16 AM   #1
cyneca
Human being with feelings

Default ADSR Sample manager - solution? alternatives?

I use the Reaper media browser quite a lot to trawl through 100Gb of samples, but struggle to find samples based on tags, similarity etc. Hence my attempt to install ADSR sample manager 1.5.
The good news is, it does exactly what I hoped to find. Super easy to find samples. The bad news is that it makes Reaper crash every single time i move a sample to a Reaper track. Every time. Tried with "ignore Asio reset messages", disabled bridging/firewalling but no success.
I'm aware that ADSR sample manager has gotten lots of angry feedback from other users confirming it is super buggy and unstable, so no doubt I've been looking for trouble. Still, anyone who got this to work as VST? Or, anyone using another -better- tool to browse samples in Reaper?
cyneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 03:42 AM   #2
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Did you try LoopCloud?
https://www.loopcloud.com/cloud/
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:33 AM   #3
cyneca

thanks for the hint!

Had a look at it, and you're definitely right, loopcloud is a stable alternative.

I wish it did what ADSR can do, but beggars can't be choosers I guess. Just to elaborate a bit more on that, Loopcloud seems to do a perfect job primarely for the sounds bought from Loopmasters. ADSR does the same job for existing sample libraries on your harddrive: its tagging algorithm is surprisingly clever and takes into account file names, folder names etc. Loopcloud doesn't seem to do that, at least not in the same degree.
Conclusion - thanks for the helpful hint as an immediate solution, and I keep hoping that someone has cracked the code to keep ADSR running in a stable way.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:36 AM   #4
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneca View Post
ADSR does the same job for existing sample libraries on your harddrive: its tagging algorithm is surprisingly clever and takes into account file names, folder names etc. Loopcloud doesn't seem to do that, at least not in the same degree.
Unless i am missing something, Loopcloud does this (tagging your own samples and findind their kind).
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:44 AM   #5
cyneca

you're right, loopcloud apparently tags the type of sample pretty well (e.g. bass, drums and determines the bpm and key). And yes, you can manually add tags per sample or folder.
What I liked about ADSR though is that the algorithm would also find the type of music (funk, jazz, techno) out of the file or folder name.
This is something that I haven't got Loopcloud to do yet automatically. And i have some 50,000 folders of samples to tag with music styles :-)
Old 09-13-2020, 06:57 AM   #6
rainydayshirts

I've been using Sononym ( https://www.sononym.net/ )

I'm quite happy with it.