Old 01-14-2020, 10:26 AM   #41
LugNut
Human being with feelings

mccrabney,

I realize you want it in reaper, but points wishes 1 thru 4 are easily done in that iPad app I mentioned. Plusw/o using stretch markers a sample loop in reaper won't change tempo in realtime...unless I've been missing something.
I really wish the devs would look at beat maker 3 and fkn copy it! It uses elatique like reaper. But kills it.
I use it as a "plugIn "of sorts via an I connectivity audio 4+ interface that allows two devices at the same time.
This is the last time I'll give away this info:-)

BTW..what part of Florida?
LugNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:16 AM   #42
ovnis

Quote:
Battery 4. Never liked Battery. Had version 2 and 3... couldn't get on with it. Have Battery 4 included with my Komplete install and still don't enjoy using it. Maybe I'll give it another try.
Battery 4 is a downgrade of Battery 3.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxcf5oMhNlA
ovnis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:25 AM   #43
Ideosound

serato sample?
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 11:58 AM   #44
mccrabney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
that iPad app I mentioned...BTW..what part of Florida?
i'm over here in Doopt, about 15 miles south of Kinkle Village. but i won't be here long, sadly

i'll check out that mobile program using someone else's Apple device, but i definitely want something that will load in REAPER rather than requiring its own connectivity.

serato sample might be worth investigation.
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:05 PM   #45
themixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
mccrabney,

I realize you want it in reaper, but points wishes 1 thru 4 are easily done in that iPad app I mentioned. Plusw/o using stretch markers a sample loop in reaper won't change tempo in realtime...unless I've been missing something.
I really wish the devs would look at beat maker 3 and fkn copy it! It uses elatique like reaper. But kills it.
I use it as a "plugIn "of sorts via an I connectivity audio 4+ interface that allows two devices at the same time.
This is the last time I'll give away this info:-)

BTW..what part of Florida?
Whoa whoa whoa, lugnut... tell me more about how you can use Beatmaker 3 as a plugin of sorts using that iConnectivity interface.... I have an ipad 5, and have been looking at Beatmaker 3 A LOT...

Thanks!
themixtape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:22 PM   #46
suleiman

TX16WX....still the best

https://www.tx16wx.com/

chops, layers,records, edits, shows visualization, has fx, flexibile routing, mod for days, auto token mapping, now with DFD...what else do u want ?

miniscule download and free version available... but please get the paid one..sooo cheap and soo good
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:02 PM   #47
Refillable

Quote:
Originally Posted by suleiman View Post
TX16WX....still the best

chops, layers,records, edits, shows visualization, has fx, flexibile routing, mod for days, auto token mapping, now with DFD...what else do u want ?

miniscule download and free version available... but please get the paid one..sooo cheap and soo good
Thanks for reminding me! I own the pro version and apparently version 3 is out. Downloading now.
Refillable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:27 AM   #48
dupont

Quote:
TX16WX....still the best

But not easy to use...
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 03:30 AM   #49
dupont

Studio one sampler is my favourite, I love the ability to sample external synth straight inside the sampler. You can set a threshold and auto assign the samples to keys. That's a huge time saver and great workflow.

Something similar can be done in TX16 but It is not as user friendly.
dupont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 04:36 AM   #50
mccrabney

Quote:
TX16WX......what else do u want ?
bulk edit of chop loop xfade
Old 01-16-2020, 07:47 AM   #51
vdubreeze

Quote:
TX16WX....still the best

Not to seem unappreciative of the generosity of such a powerful free sampler, I find tx16WX good for importing but too frustrating for manipulating and editing. I revisit it every few months and after a few minutes move on to something else. My opinion is that the meat and potatoes of turning samples into instruments is too cumbersome. If it's not a more streamlined approach in the paid version there's not much incentive no matter how powerful it is. Taking a handful of sustains, looping, assigning to keys and setting the envelope to make a patch just takes much too long. I'd like to see the the variety of windows be more interactive, so that you can do more within a single, main window.
Old 01-16-2020, 08:41 AM   #52
mccrabney

agree, that's been my experience with TX16WX as well.

i for one hate the "keymap" view for mapping samples to notes, you see it in a bunch of samplers and it's so tedious.

what is it about these sampler vstis? they require so much tiny mousing and pixel counting to do any tasks, yet somehow also managing to have these massive GUIs that take up an entire laptop screen.

look no further than "Global Param Edit" in jjos for a lesson in how to fit a ton of power into a tiny display, with the ability to select a range of params/samples and edit them simultaneously.

i imagine stuff like Push and Maschine do a better job with controller integration, but i'm not interested in buying into someone else's workflow. i just want a sampler vst that is controller friendly.
Old 01-16-2020, 09:15 AM   #53
Tomm

Some time ago there was a REAPER to SFZ converter, that turned REAPER's arrange view into a basic sampler of sorts. No where near as comprehensive as a typical VSTi sampler, but it could be an idea for some clever folks to develop further:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/435/rpp2sfz.zip

image from the included help file:

so, it appears each track or track folder is a note, but for round robin you can add additional media objects to that specific track:

strange, and there are other features.... anyways, just popped in my head as the arrange view is so much easier to navigate and edit objects, versus built-in vsti keymap views. I seem to recall it can be used for normal/piano style instruments, using regions or markers to seperate arrange into specific notes, so it'd end up looking more like a traditional keymap editor
Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote