Old 10-10-2019, 03:49 AM   #1
cent_gr
Human being with feelings

Default X-Touch control surface on a Mac

A new Behringer X-Touch control surface is in the Studio.

I have been reading and trying out stuff without luck. All this Klinke stuff which happen to be irrelevant to macs as of yet.

Someone on a mac who can point me out to the right files and what to do maybe?
cent_gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:28 AM   #2
40Hurts

Which X-Touch (Universal, Compact, One)?

You should be able to get basic functionality without any additional apps/plugins/extensions. First, make sure the X-Touch is set to MCU mode and has the latest firmware. Then in Reaper, set up the following:

Preferences/Audio/MIDI Devices - In the top section, enable the X-Touch-INT as an input for control messages.

Preferences/ControlOSCweb - Add Mackie Control, then set the control device as MCU, and the MIDI input and output to X-Touch-INT.

Again, this will give you basic functionality - track fader/solo/mute/rec arm, pan, jog wheel, transport controls, etc. For anything beyond that (sends on faders, plug-in control, etc.) you'll need something like CSI, which is still in development, but getting close to a beta release.
40Hurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:40 AM   #3
cent_gr

Thank you for replying.

I have already done this basic set-up. First thing I notice is that track names do not return to X-Touch (by the way, I have the X-Touch just). The 92 button one. (After posting this, I 've realized I had selected the Mackie Extender instead - my fault, sorry)
The CSI download contains two pdf documents. I have followed the instructions for a mac installation, where I have placed the appropriate files to the Reaper Resource path. The next step in the instructions is showing a dialog. Where this dialog came from , I don't know. I have searched the Actions (after restarting Reaper - now containg the csi files) , checked the Control Surface options in Preferences, even the extensions menu, I searched for some CSI menu, but I couldn't follow on the instructions.

Maybe you could help me out , how to get to the CSI menu?

This is all wrong. I came back to apologize. Everything seems to work now - I wasn't as awake when I first set up the files. I apologize for beinga lil rude

Last edited by cent_gr; 10-10-2019 at 07:16 AM. Reason: I was wrong, I'm sorry.
cent_gr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:08 AM   #4
40Hurts

No worries. Honestly, I'm just now trying CSI again, after giving them some time to get it sorted out. (It's an ever evolving project and I'm not a coder, lol.) I haven't gotten into setting up plug-ins yet, so may be best to ask in that thread if you have questions.

I'd suggest checking out the two links in the first post of the CSI thread - MalcolmG's wiki and poetnprophet's video. Even though the video is detailing a Windows install, there's still some good info on setting up your files. The wiki is a lot more detailed than the readme, and should help considerably.
40Hurts is offline   Reply With Quote