Old 01-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
X-Raym
Human being with feelings

Default Script: Track Items Duration Charts

Hi,

These days, I get really inspired by lecture of The Pudding interactive infographics articles, especially social-media article like the Film Dialogue, from 2,000 screenplays, Broken Down by Gender and Age.

So, I thought about having a way to display dialog length by characters in REAPER (assuming each characters has a dedicated track, which is the case in some of my audio projects). With scripting, it should be possible, isn't it :P

What about a bar charts to display total item length of selected tracks ?

As you can see it supports overlapping items (it is not just addition of items length). Muted items are ignored (not shown on the screenshot).

Apart from measuring your dialog to see how your characters share times, or how this time is shared between genders, It can also be useful for other cases like for measuring speech duration of your favorite candidate in a presidential debate. Or moitor who speak the most in your discord conversations if you use Craig (use Dynamic Split first). A lot of fun in perspective :P

Output data as CSV, or JSON, or even write a dedicated HTML page with an interactive graph is totally possible but this is a bit overkill for now. I am just experimenting.

So, no release plan yet (surely as premium script as some point), just sharing my experimentation to see if anyone is also curious about this kind of charts ^^

Let me know if this tool sounds useful too you.

Best,

Last edited by X-Raym; 01-10-2018 at 04:26 PM.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 05:16 AM   #2
DerPapa

That's super cool!

I might have a case for this in the future. When working with multiple Voice talents

Michael
DerPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 05:38 AM   #3
X-Raym

That was the precise use case 😉

first bump after 5 years haha ^^
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote