Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #1
laser558
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper not remembering output directory when rendering

From Reaper 5.24 onwards, running Windows 7, it does not appear to remember the previous project's output directory anymore. Instead, it leaves a blank space, which means having to go through the directory tree to find the appropriate path. Prior to 5.24, you could load a new project and it would automatically default to your last used output directory. Naturally, you could then change it if desired. Thank you.
laser558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:06 PM   #2
Justin
Administrator

It should appear in the list of recent directories available by clicking the button in the render window...
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #3
laser558
Human being with feelings

Hello Justin, this characteristic only appears from 5.24 onwards, up until then, I can open a new project and my last output directory is already in place. I kind of feel that was the most convenient option, as opposed to having to select the directory from the previous paths.
laser558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #4
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser558 View Post
Hello Justin, this characteristic only appears from 5.24 onwards, up until then, I can open a new project and my last output directory is already in place. I kind of feel that was the most convenient option, as opposed to having to select the directory from the previous paths.
There were some inconsistent issues with that mode. Another option would be (if you usually render to the same path) to set a default render path in the preferences, which will be used if you leave the render dialog's path empty.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote