Old 03-21-2019, 01:58 AM   #1
dangguidan
Human being with feelings

Default Mute's track is too dark,How to set it up?

Mute's track is too dark. I don't need this setting. Can I set it up to make Mute's track brighter? How to set it up? Thank you for your advice.
dangguidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:07 AM   #2
vitalker

No way.
SoundCloudFR: True Non-destructive GLUEAll the REAPER names
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:39 AM   #3
dangguidan

Hope to improve, add options that can be set.
My main job is stripping, and most of the MIDI tracks written are non-SOLO.
Usually what I see is dark, very unclear panel information, which can be a little uncomfortable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg QQ截图20190624223740.jpg (41.7 KB, 177 views)
Old 06-24-2019, 09:09 AM   #4
EvilDragon

It's been requested for quite some time, nothing ever happened so far...
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:34 AM   #5
vdubreeze

About once a month I'm reminded how much a bummer it is.
Old 07-08-2019, 01:33 AM   #6
Phazma

Seriously why can we modify the color of literally everything inside a theme but not for this?? I really can't understand why after so many requests this has not been addressed yet. Should not be that hard to add one more element to the list of colors that can be tweaked? Would it perhaps help to raise the developer's awareness if we bumped one of the related threads in the feature request forum?
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 04:52 AM   #7
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazma View Post
Seriously why can we modify the color of literally everything inside a theme but not for this?? I really can't understand why after so many requests this has not been addressed yet. Should not be that hard to add one more element to the list of colors that can be tweaked? Would it perhaps help to raise the developer's awareness if we bumped one of the related threads in the feature request forum?
I agree. Unfortunately they dont seem interested in dramatically improving the theming engine but instead are more interested in developing a new theme that you may or may not like.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:00 PM   #8
dangguidan

I think it's a matter of concept. Maybe developers don't think silent tracks or non-Solo tracks are important. In fact, for production, all track information should be as clear as possible.
Including the color of the notes in MIDI, it is too dim to display according to the commonly used velocity. The interval between the notes looks very blurred, and the shorter notes are often not seen.
In fact, for me, beauty is the second, mainly to be clear, so as to be more conducive to work.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:04 AM   #9
Phazma

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangguidan View Post
I think it's a matter of concept. Maybe developers don't think silent tracks or non-Solo tracks are important. In fact, for production, all track information should be as clear as possible.
Including the color of the notes in MIDI, it is too dim to display according to the commonly used velocity. The interval between the notes looks very blurred, and the shorter notes are often not seen.
In fact, for me, beauty is the second, mainly to be clear, so as to be more conducive to work.

I thought Reaper's concept was that the user can decide what is important to him and what not and set up Reaper accordingly.
In my case, single black tracks in the arrange do rather attract attention than keep out of focus. I get confused where is what, which tracks I am hearing and what content is one the disabled tracks (in order to know which track to enable when I need it).

Also @Coachz do so many people actually use and like the default theme? I thought everybody tweaks the sh*t out of his Reaper and it is known that there are many nice templates for different tastes available and easily installable. I use the Cubic3 theme, which just looks and feels awesome. Anyway I think it would be better also in this regard to follow the general Reaper philosophy and give more power to the user rather than almost forcing some kind of template onto the user - specially as Reaper is praised for it's audio capabilities and versatility and not so much for the GUI.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 02:24 AM   #10
vitalker

Quote:
I thought Reaper's concept was that the user can decide what is important to him and what not and set up Reaper accordingly.
You are damn right! It is Reaper way. Right-click and customize everything.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:47 AM   #11
Coachz

Quote:
In my case, single black tracks in the arrange do rather attract attention than keep out of focus. I get confused where is what, which tracks I am hearing and what content is one the disabled tracks (in order to know which track to enable when I need it).

Also @Coachz do so many people actually use and like the default theme? I thought everybody tweaks the sh*t out of his Reaper and it is known that there are many nice templates for different tastes available and easily installable. I use the Cubic3 theme, which just looks and feels awesome. Anyway I think it would be better also in this regard to follow the general Reaper philosophy and give more power to the user rather than almost forcing some kind of template onto the user - specially as Reaper is praised for it's audio capabilities and versatility and not so much for the GUI.
Many people use the default theme but theming is too hard currently and would benefit users if they could customize easier? So many things are hard to change.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:19 PM   #12
vdubreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
You are damn right! It is Reaper way. Right-click and customize everything.
OK. How can I right-click so the muted tracks are no longer too dark?
Old 07-14-2019, 12:33 AM   #13
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
OK. How can I right-click so the muted tracks are no longer too dark?
not quite