Old 02-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #1
Rick Settle
Human being with feelings

Default I guess my interface broke

I have inputs on Input 1, Input 3 and Input 4 on my Behringer interface. That's the same setup I've been using for 2-3 years. I can normally open Reaper, create 3 new tracks, then go to the input on each track and select whichever interface input I want for each track. Today, the input drop-down doesn't give me any option to do that. I shows "Record: input(audio or MIDI) Reaper shows several input choices, none of them allow me to select inputs from the interface. I checked the device setup under options/preferences/audio/device and everything there is correct and all 4 possible inputs and all 4 possible output are listed. I then changed the AISO to AISO4ALL which only showed 2 inputs until I went into ASIO configuration and selected my interface, which gave me the 4 inputs/output. But, Reaper still won't show them in the track input dropdown. Therefore, all 3 inputs are being recorded on all 3 tracks at the same time.

I'm stumped.
Rick Settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
viscofisy

You could try swapping the USB cable in case it's faulty, and if there's no improvement maybe try a different USB socket on your pc.
Then make sure your ASIO driver is up to date.
_
viscofisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:39 AM   #3
solger

Quote:
Today, the input drop-down doesn't give me any option to do that. I shows "Record: input(audio or MIDI) ...
Keep in mind that the Track Panel has two different input boxes, so make sure you are using the correct one

If necessary, drag the Track Panel bigger to make sure that all buttons, input boxes, etc. are visible.

Or you can also access the Input Options via Right-Click on the Track Record Arm Button.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #4
Rick Settle

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Keep in mind that the Track Panel has two different input boxes, so make sure you are using the correct one

If necessary, drag the Track Panel bigger to make sure that all buttons, input boxes, etc. are visible.

Or you can also access the Input Options via Right-Click on the Track Record Arm Button.
THAT WAS IT!

If ANYONE ever tries to tell you that you ARE NOT a flipping genius, just refer them to me.(you did make me feel like an idiot, though) A million, million thanks. I was on the verge of buying an new interface.
Rick Settle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
solger

Don't worry about it!

It seems like that the input selection box is overlooked very easily in general (especially with smaller Track Panel heights where this input box is hidden).
So the 'missing audio/MIDI input option' problem is posted quite regularly on this forum

Last edited by solger; 02-18-2018 at 02:56 PM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote