Old 01-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
jmcecil
Human being with feelings

Default Floating Master Issue

Ok, I have had this problem since the floating master was added.

I am using the default theme and the x64 version on Win7 x64.

When I float the Master and it is the only panel in it's docker, the right half of the master is truncated and the window can't be sized. The tab is vertical on the left, pushing the mixer out of the window.

If I add any other panel to the dock, then the tabs move to the bottom and the master is then displayed correctly. However, there isn't another panel that I want to be the same size as the master. And it defeats the purpose of having a "floating" master.

Can anyone else confirm this problem? Does your master panel float properly if nothing else is docked with it?
jmcecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #2
hopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
Ok, I have had this problem since the floating master was added.

I am using the default theme and the x64 version on Win7 x64.

When I float the Master and it is the only panel in it's docker, the right half of the master is truncated and the window can't be sized. The tab is vertical on the left, pushing the mixer out of the window.

If I add any other panel to the dock, then the tabs move to the bottom and the master is then displayed correctly. However, there isn't another panel that I want to be the same size as the master. And it defeats the purpose of having a "floating" master.

Can anyone else confirm this problem? Does your master panel float properly if nothing else is docked with it?
Mine does, but on the first alpha that included this feature it did not...
I now have it floating just as the master and with the push pin down at the right of everything else. Looks good and works for me. I have the normal mixer, with no master, set to a single track width and docked at the right side of the tcp to function as a 'track inspector'.... at the far right side of the tcp I have the performance meter docked.
I have the tranport at the very top of everything, under that is the floating toolbars, and under that is the navigator...
All other things that can be docked or that are windows I just open on their own.. such as the midi editor, track lists, media explorer.. whatever...

But I am on a dual monitor set up so this may only work for me.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
jmcecil

hmm, I have dual monitor and that's pretty much how I want to have it set up. But I have that nagging Floating Master problem.
jmcecil is offline   Reply With Quote