Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 09-25-2019, 11:38 AM   #1
Larry Kriz
Human being with feelings

Default ReaEQ - the main graphics window

I'm just noticing this now.
ReaEQ I take it there's no way to zoom in/out of specific freq ranges? What if I only want to see from zero to 200 Hz? It doesn't appear possible to me.

Then... there's the vertical axis (vol for eq band). The top and bottom edges of the window are stuck at +12dB/-12dB but the Gain fader below drops all the way to negative infinity lol. Along the way there's no way to see the entire curve?

There's more: I can raise the gain higher than +12 using the band handles and dragging up with the mouse. But the Gain fader below still only goes to +12

Bugs or just missing elements of programming? Or is there a hidden solution? Thanks

PS It'd be nice if the EQ window graph could be scalable in both axis

Last edited by Larry Kriz; 09-25-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Larry Kriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
domzy

i don't think ReaEQ was ever designed to be used for accurate visual analysis of sounds - it sounds fine as a stock EQ but i think there are 3rd party options with far better graphics
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:31 PM   #3
Larry Kriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzy View Post
i don't think ReaEQ was ever designed to be used for accurate visual analysis of sounds - it sounds fine as a stock EQ but i think there are 3rd party options with far better graphics
lol yeah I understand. A lot of 3rd party options thanks domzy
Old 09-25-2019, 02:08 PM   #4
SoundGuyDave

*COUGH* FabFilter *COUGH* *COUGH*
SoundGuyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
Larry Kriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuyDave View Post
*COUGH* FabFilter *COUGH* *COUGH*
I've been looking at that for a while now. The price of plugins seem volatile at the moment. I'm watching for bargains lol
Old 09-25-2019, 07:01 PM   #6
SoundGuyDave

I hear you! They are somewhat "proud" of their products, but that being said, I find they're worth every penny. There is NOTHING the FabFilter Pro Q3 (for example) does that you cannot replicate with the Cockos and JS plug-ins. However, what the FabFilter plugs do, is bundle a bunch of extremely usable features into an intuitively easy to use package, that is MUCH quicker to "play" with than the stock plugs. If you're on the commercial side of things, the sheer time savings of just being able to grab the settings you need in "complicated" formats (side-only dynamic EQ anyone?), and do it in seconds, will pay for the plug in very short order. They sound pretty good, too!
SoundGuyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 09:25 AM   #7
Larry Kriz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuyDave View Post
I hear you! They are somewhat "proud" of their products, but that being said, I find they're worth every penny. There is NOTHING the FabFilter Pro Q3 (for example) does that you cannot replicate with the Cockos and JS plug-ins. However, what the FabFilter plugs do, is bundle a bunch of extremely usable features into an intuitively easy to use package, that is MUCH quicker to "play" with than the stock plugs. If you're on the commercial side of things, the sheer time savings of just being able to grab the settings you need in "complicated" formats (side-only dynamic EQ anyone?), and do it in seconds, will pay for the plug in very short order. They sound pretty good, too!
Yeah... insightful and appreciated. Thanks Dave!