Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 11-28-2021, 02:55 AM   #201
KuulArt
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramses View Post
Check to see if this bug report seems relevant: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=241308
Thanks for the heads up, I described my issue there in a little more detail. I wonder if I should open another bug report or that one suffices.
KuulArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 04:09 AM   #202
BenjyO

I started experiencing the same issues as the OP today but on a smaller scale with a smaller project (1 song; 32 tracks and around 110 FX). When clicking on the ruler or in the arrange window I had to wait for a second or a few more for it to change positions and when clicking on the item it worked normally (no lag). When pressing play, the playback also started unusually late. Some of my custom actions utilized playback actions and those caused even slower response times (waiting for 5-10 seconds for one of those actions to respond). My laptop is IMO a strong machine (32Gb of RAM and an i7 8th gen processor).

I found this thread and then after reading haveigonemental's post I remembered I changed my computer's performance settings yesterday for a recording project. When I purchased my laptop it had a preinstalled utility called "Control Center" which allows me to switch between some performance settings presets and I switched to the "quiet" one yesterday for that recording session - the laptop had to be in the same room as the mic. Now when I switched back to the "performance" setting the problem disappeared.

Thank you haveigonemental for writing your post. I hope it helps others too. It has helped me resolve my issue (at least for the time being ).
Old 12-07-2021, 04:47 AM   #203
BenjyO

Well, I guess I spoke too soon. Back to the same issue regardless of the performance setting ...
Old 12-07-2021, 06:39 AM   #204
BenjyO

Reporting back again. I seem to have resolved the issue for good (at least I hope so). Tracked it down to the GSat+ plug-in by TBProAudio. I used 6 instances in this project. I used the 4x oversampling option in 4 out of these 6 instances. The other 2 had oversampling turned off.
The problem disappears when these instances are either bypassed or oversampling is turned off or 2x oversampling is enabled. As mentioned above my computer is a decent machine and I think 4 instances of 4x oversampling shouldn't be causing such issues but I guess I might be wrong.
This might be a different issue than that of the OP but the symptoms were definitely the same on a smaller scale.
Old 12-17-2021, 09:01 PM   #205
Dean Russell

I too have this issue, when I change the location of my play head and press play there's a delay response of 3 to 5 seconds though the play button on my fader port is lighting up.

What I did I re imported my saved configuration and so far the issue went away at least for now. I'll be observing my system if it holds up.
Dean Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:22 AM   #206
Draiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Russell View Post
I too have this issue, when I change the location of my play head and press play there's a delay response of 3 to 5 seconds though the play button on my fader port is lighting up.

What I did I re imported my saved configuration and so far the issue went away at least for now. I'll be observing my system if it holds up.
hey dean, how did you go about this? did you just export and reimport it again? tia!