Old 04-01-2020, 07:36 PM   #1
Fergler
Human being with feelings

Default Looking for a CC effect - fall off after peak input

I searched far and wide but maybe I'm using the wrong terminology. Couldn't find a script to do this. Tried all the envelope ones but no luck.

The scenario I would like it for is to help smooth the use of a breath controller across multiple different synths and keyboard patches in a live project. My controller comes with it's own attack and release settings but I have to change them with an external program. I'd like to customize this to each plugin.

So the basic functionality I'm looking for is where the incoming CC is tracked for it's peak value. The effect would reset every time there is a peak. Afterwards, it would slowly hold from that value diminishing to nothing and ignoring any incoming CC that is not above it.

It would be most useful for creating nice release on string patches or synth pads where the swell is started with the breath controller.

The more I describe it in words the more I think maybe I can code this actually. But I'm wondering if any existing effects come to your mind? Thanks
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote