Old 06-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
SoulEL
Human being with feelings

Default Maschine 2.7/ Reaper 5

Searched for a good while, and I cant find what I'm looking for. This video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CrdHf1OP9I is attempting to acomplish what I'm looking for. Maybe the versions are legacy or whatever but at 1:43 shows the only difference in setup. He shows a Midi active switch, and my version shows an option of None/manual/drum kit. For one, does anyone have the same issue (have a fix?) for two, will this method record both MIDI and sound? Seems like it would but not sure.
Win 7
MK 1
Thank you for your help and I hope this isn't a crazy old thread beaten and battered already.
SoulEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:42 AM   #2
davewah

Default Record Pads Midi from Maschine 2 to Reaper

Hello SoulEL,

I think I'm looking for the same thing as you.....

When I start Record in Reaper and play the pads on Maschine 2 the notes do not get recorded in Reaper. When I plug a midi keyboard into Maschine 2 and Record in Reaper the notes do get recorded. In the later case this happens when the Reaper Track Input is set to Input:MIDI/Mashcine MK2 In/Channel No X. Thus I can record a performance into Reaper using a midi keyboard and flipping midi channels on the keyboard to trigger different Maschine sounds and the DAW will play it back with the different parts triggering the right sounds. But why can't I do the same thing with the pads on Maschine?

Is that what your asking? it's fecking annoying!
davewah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:19 AM   #3
davewah

Default Workaround

I've figured something out.....if it is the same problem we're having.....Set the track that Maschine is inserted on in Reaper to "Record:Output/Record Output(MIDI)". The notes played on the Maschine pads for the selected Sound get recorded in Reaper on this track and you can then drag the part to the corresponding "MASCHINE MIDI X" track. Hope that helps
davewah is offline   Reply With Quote