Old 11-14-2017, 03:54 PM   #1
WitnezZ
Human being with feelings

Default Unusual software issues - No Fx / Tracks are offline

Hey guys,
Im using reaper for a while now and installed for a friend of minea few days ago. Well, everything worked as expected. We then recorded some stuff to check if everything works properly - it did.

Later that day We started reaper and loaded our project again, but this time all tracks were offline, and there was no fx except "reasamplomatic5000", so I restarted it, checked the options and stuff but nothing changed. Everything seemed normal.

Im aware that tracks sometimes go offline if you dont use them, but that wasnt the case and I did not find any solution for this problem. Even a multiple re-installation didnt really help. I started the program, was able to record etc. closed it, opened it again aaand had the same problem. And yes, I uninstalled reaper and deleted all files before.
Right after I downloaded "ReaPlugs" seperately, put them into the vst folder and added an vst-plugin path in the "VST Preferences", but still no changes.

Im 100% that I didnt mess up anything during the installation or even downloaded an outdated/wrong file.

Well..Im completely confused and really hope that someone knows what to do.

Thanks a lot!
WitnezZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:33 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Right after I downloaded "ReaPlugs" seperately, put them into the vst folder and added an vst-plugin path in the "VST Preferences", but still no changes.
Reapers own plugins (ReaEQ, Reacomp, etc.) are already included in the Reaper installer.

You don't need to install the VST ReaPlugs separately because these are mainly intended to be used as VST plugins in other DAWs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnezZ View Post
Later that day We started reaper and loaded our project again, but this time all tracks were offline ...
Just as general side note:

Did you set up the project settings so that the recorded media files are automatically saved into the project folder? https://reaperblog.net/2013/07/reape...le-management/

Info about relocating/relinking missing files can be found here:
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tvpBbBDefk
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=unn40w5TG6I

Last edited by solger; 11-15-2017 at 03:51 AM. Reason: typo
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:48 AM   #3
solger

Quote:
...put them into the vst folder
Where is this VST folder located? Or what's the VST folder path, exactly?
solger is offline   Reply With Quote