Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #41
_Stevie_
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
Midi feedback should definitely work on your device (although I dont think it will be very useful)
How so? In general or because the device only supports 4 light states?
There's another advantage with MIDI feedback: the device directly picks up the values, if there is a change in the Reaper GUI.

Quote:
What changes on your device is the brightness of the LED. So the higher the value, the more intense the color.

Make sure you've chosen the qmc controller in the midi feedback device dropdown on the top of the realearn gui.
Yep, exactly. Well, I had a look at the specification and this looks really strange to me:

Old 10-22-2020, 07:58 AM   #42
buschag
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Sorry for the delay!!!

Yeah you can map a crazy amount of paramaters. That little faderbox plugin can do way more than that and then you could potentially just add another if you needed it. You probably already know that though through research on your own.

I actually don't use that function (I can test it out for you though!)

With the twister, basically you can map an encoder to one thing and then you can pick from a list of functions for when you press the encoder down (and turn) it can be the fine mode like you said, or it can control a whole other parameter.

What is the process for performing that task where you can press the encoder and it changes to control another function? I can get realearn to learn the encoder click but I can’t get it to then switch to control another fader in faderbox.
buschag is offline   Reply With Quote