Old 12-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
TelecasterMark
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper Crashed When Opening

Hi guys

I am a new convert to Reaper from an old pro tools system. that I ran for years but refused to pay the prices and buy all my plugins again in aax format!

Anyhoo I have taken the plunge into Reaper land and had a load of VST plungins transferred to me and after installing them Reaper wont start up.

As soon as I run the program after a few seconds I get a Microsoft Visual CCC runtime error. I searched the forum but most threads seem to be in regards to an actual project crashing. I cant even open Reaper.

Any help would be appreciated as I have a project starting this weekend and I still have to spend time learning Reaper!

Cheers
Mark
TelecasterMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #2
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelecasterMark View Post
Hi guys

I am a new convert to Reaper from an old pro tools system. that I ran for years but refused to pay the prices and buy all my plugins again in aax format!

Anyhoo I have taken the plunge into Reaper land and had a load of VST plungins transferred to me and after installing them Reaper wont start up.

As soon as I run the program after a few seconds I get a Microsoft Visual CCC runtime error. I searched the forum but most threads seem to be in regards to an actual project crashing. I cant even open Reaper.

Any help would be appreciated as I have a project starting this weekend and I still have to spend time learning Reaper!

Cheers
Mark
Depending on how many vst's you have installed - I would move the dll files from the VSTPlugins folder into another folder - and then add them one by one back into the VSTPlugins folder, and reload reaper. This way you can work out which is causing the error.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #3
Mike Raine

What lb0 says ^^^

Having a whole bunch of plug-ins transferred to you is a nice, but can you be sure of their provenance? There's a possibility that there are one or two dodgy ones in there that are causing the crash.

Start with totally vanilla Reaper, and get that going first.
Mike Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 06:24 AM   #4
TelecasterMark

Yes. All plugins had the licence keys transferred to my via the manufacturers.
I found the issue. Took a little while to transfer them back and forth but it was one plugin that needed to be reinstalled. Thanks again for the help.
TelecasterMark is offline   Reply With Quote