Old 01-08-2019, 08:06 PM   #5681
Markdude
Human being with feelings

Is there a way to control multiple parameters simultaneously?

I'm trying to set up a channel strip that uses FabFilter Pro Q. I've created some unique EQ shapes by using multiple bands that work together. Within FabFilter I can control-click the bands or hold the mouse button down while I drag and select the bands, and then adjustments affect all the selected bands. I want to replicate this behavior with LBX. Ideally I'd like to have one LBX button affect all the desired bands, but having multiple buttons is OK as long as there's a way to 'link' them so that twisting one of the buttons makes the others turn as well. Is there a way to do this?

I've tried control-clicking multiple parameters in LBX's parameter list for Pro-Q, and dragging those out into the workspace, but it still doesn't seem to be possible to manipulate them at the same time in Live mode. I've also tried using the Learn Parameter function while adjusting multiple parameters simultaneously in Pro-Q, but that doesn't work either (LBX still only learns the parameter for one of the EQ bands). And control-clicking both knobs and selecting "Group" doesn't achieve the desired result either.

Last edited by Markdude; 01-08-2019 at 09:35 PM.
Markdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:32 PM   #5682
Markdude

One more question -- when I'm using the "Gauge" presentation for a knob, is it possible to limit what the minimum and maximum parameter values are? I'd like to replicate the frequency ranges of each band of some hardware EQs.
Markdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:01 AM   #5683
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdude View Post
Is there a way to control multiple parameters simultaneously?

I'm trying to set up a channel strip that uses FabFilter Pro Q. I've created some unique EQ shapes by using multiple bands that work together. Within FabFilter I can control-click the bands or hold the mouse button down while I drag and select the bands, and then adjustments affect all the selected bands. I want to replicate this behavior with LBX. Ideally I'd like to have one LBX button affect all the desired bands, but having multiple buttons is OK as long as there's a way to 'link' them so that twisting one of the buttons makes the others turn as well. Is there a way to do this?

I've tried control-clicking multiple parameters in LBX's parameter list for Pro-Q, and dragging those out into the workspace, but it still doesn't seem to be possible to manipulate them at the same time in Live mode. I've also tried using the Learn Parameter function while adjusting multiple parameters simultaneously in Pro-Q, but that doesn't work either (LBX still only learns the parameter for one of the EQ bands). And control-clicking both knobs and selecting "Group" doesn't achieve the desired result either.
At the moment this is not possible - but you have got me thinking about it

There are macro controls (in TRACK EDIT -> OTHER CONTROLS) - where you can control multiple parameters at once (Relative mode would get closest to what you're requesting). But this isn't as simple as simply clicking on multiple controls and then altering them relatively to eachother. You have to go into the macro edit screen and add the controls and set up how they respond to eachother.
lb0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:02 AM   #5684
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdude View Post
One more question -- when I'm using the "Gauge" presentation for a knob, is it possible to limit what the minimum and maximum parameter values are? I'd like to replicate the frequency ranges of each band of some hardware EQs.
Yes - you can set the control ranges in FX EDIT mode - CTL OPTIONS dialog - page 2.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:31 AM   #5685
Joesi

Default Almost forgot...

...sorry, I forgot to post the link here.
If anyone needs a vintage 3D knob (100 steps, 115x115)
https://stash.reaper.fm/35209/bigpot.png
Joesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:29 PM   #5686
RJHollins

Here's a question to a work situation. See if this is possible.

On a given track, I'll have a STRIP that handles a group of N-4 plugins.

Also on that same track are other plugs ... but they are not a part of the STRIP.

Currently, I must jump back/forth between STRIP and the main FX to then look for the 'other' plugins.

What I wonder ...

It would be so handy if STRIP could have a 'special section' that shows these other plugins ... and would allow to 'OPEN its GUI'. This would allow staying on the STRIPPER interface more often by giving access to all FX plugs used [regardless if they are not assigned to STRIPPERS special controls for things like N4 assignments].

Just kinda the basic idea.

Wha Cha think ?

---- EDIT ---
oowww ... just checked out a plugins OPEN GUI parameter. This works !

So the questions narrows ... could STRIPPER automatically list all plugins being used
for easier access ?

Last edited by RJHollins; 01-13-2019 at 01:56 PM.
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:56 PM   #5687
timbralzoom

hmm..
not an automatic solution but how about adding just Open GUI parameters from that plugins to your Strip track?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesi View Post
...sorry, I forgot to post the link here.
If anyone needs a vintage 3D knob (100 steps, 115x115)
https://stash.reaper.fm/35209/bigpot.png

here:

https://stash.reaper.fm/v/35231/Joesi_bigpot.zip

Last edited by timbralzoom; 01-13-2019 at 02:13 PM.
timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #5688
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbralzoom View Post
hmm..
not an automatic solution but how about adding just Open GUI parameters from that plugins to your Strip track?
I see that. Although that does do the deed, was looking to see if something like dragging the plugin from the list would assign to Opening the GUI AND retain the Name of said plug.

just looking to speed the process.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:18 PM   #5689
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
I see that. Although that does do the deed, was looking to see if something like dragging the plugin from the list would assign to Opening the GUI AND retain the Name of said plug.

just looking to speed the process.
Well - possibly not exactly what you're after - but it would work - take a look at my Channel Alt LBX 2 sharestrip.

This shows you how it's possible to add fx slots which act like fx slots in the Reaper mixer to a strip.

Create a strip with as many fx slots as you would require and add it to the track's strip. You can use it to reorder fx - add fx, bypass etc.

The control type you want is an Info Control. Add these to a strip and then in LIVE mode - right click it and choose FX slot. Then right-click again and choose a slot number (currently up to slot 16 - but I can allow more if necessary).

So then create a strip with as many of these controls in as required and add to your working track strips as required.

That's probably your best bet with what's currently available.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #5690
RJHollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Well - possibly not exactly what you're after - but it would work - take a look at my Channel Alt LBX 2 sharestrip.

This shows you how it's possible to add fx slots which act like fx slots in the Reaper mixer to a strip.

Create a strip with as many fx slots as you would require and add it to the track's strip. You can use it to reorder fx - add fx, bypass etc.

The control type you want is an Info Control. Add these to a strip and then in LIVE mode - right click it and choose FX slot. Then right-click again and choose a slot number (currently up to slot 16 - but I can allow more if necessary).

So then create a strip with as many of these controls in as required and add to your working track strips as required.

That's probably your best bet with what's currently available.
OK ... well I grabbed the Channel ALT LBX-2, and IMPORTED it into a blank STRIP [just to get a look].

I'm still digging around with it to see what it is doing, and if this would work as is. It does have more features showing than what I would typically need/use, but as you said, this is an example. I need to check out these 'Info Controls' in more detail and function.

Is there any Video tutorials showing an example setup/use? [curious].

back to checkin' this out.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #5691
RJHollins

More playing with Channel ALT.

Something confusing ... the FX SLOT number ?!?

The Slot number seems to be relating to the position in the visible Scroll List. I thought it would be the actual position in the overall FX chain.

Help me understand this ?
Old 01-14-2019, 01:06 AM   #5692
lb0

Quote:
More playing with Channel ALT.

Something confusing ... the FX SLOT number ?!?

The Slot number seems to be relating to the position in the visible Scroll List. I thought it would be the actual position in the overall FX chain.

Help me understand this ?
You can mousewheel to scroll the list - like in the Reaper mixer.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #5693
RJHollins

Quote:
You can mousewheel to scroll the list - like in the Reaper mixer.
I did figure that part.

My confusion part: Thinking that the SLOT# refers to the position in the actual FX Chain ... not the Alt Channel's scroll list at current view.

If I manually ADD a new plugin [at the default bottom, and then need it at the TOP of the Chain, the Scroll List position doesn't relate to that.

hope that make sense.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #5694
lb0

Quote:
I did figure that part.

My confusion part: Thinking that the SLOT# refers to the position in the actual FX Chain ... not the Alt Channel's scroll list at current view.

If I manually ADD a new plugin [at the default bottom, and then need it at the TOP of the Chain, the Scroll List position doesn't relate to that.

hope that make sense.
Think so - I guess you need enough slots to show all the fx in your chain then? So I'd likely need to increase the max slot offset to something larger than 16?

The next release of Stripper (still a few things to tidy up) - you will be able to double-click on the track fx order dialog (shortcut 1) to open the gui for the selected FX.

Last edited by lb0; 01-14-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #5695
RJHollins

Quote:
Think so - I guess you need enough slots to show all the fx in your chain then? So I'd likely need to increase the max slot offset to something larger than 16?

The next release of Stripper (still a few things to tidy up) - you will be able to double-click on the track fx order dialog (shortcut 1) to open the gui for the selected FX.
lb0 ... we are not really connecting on what I'm describing ... or I'm not understanding the Use and Assignment of SLOTS.

Example: Say I have 14 EFX in a chain. I add a new plug [goes in at the bottom [#15] ...

Now say I want #15 to be moved to the top ... Slot #1.

If I Rt-Clk on the #15 plug, go to InfoCtl Setup, then SELECT FX Slot, It shows a CheckMark on the #4 SLOT [because of where I've Scroll the FX List to. But really ... the Plugin is at the #15 location in my FXChain.

If I still change the Slot ... say to #1 .... the Plugin does NOT move to the #1 Slot ... it only moves relative to where I have scrolled to.

Maybe there is another use for Slots that I don't see for using ?!?

It would be handy to be able to change a Chains ORDER right from STRIPPER.

hope this makes sense.

thanks

---- EDIT ---

Well ... I thought to try again with SLOT assignment [changing the Order].

This is not working like I thought. :|

Although the I did get the Plugin to Move slightly up the list ... the FX List displayed in ChannelALT gets all screwed up. The Order shown in the list messes up all the Order ... and the Plugin I was trying to move actually started to show 2 listings of the same plugin.

Either the SLOT function is buggy ... or I would like to request a new feature. Showing the List of Plugins, and being able to re-order them from STRIPPER.

Last edited by RJHollins; 01-14-2019 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:28 PM   #5696
lb0

Quote:
lb0 ... we are not really connecting on what I'm describing ... or I'm not understanding the Use and Assignment of SLOTS.

Example: Say I have 14 EFX in a chain. I add a new plug [goes in at the bottom [#15] ...

Now say I want #15 to be moved to the top ... Slot #1.

If I Rt-Clk on the #15 plug, go to InfoCtl Setup, then SELECT FX Slot, It shows a CheckMark on the #4 SLOT [because of where I've Scroll the FX List to. But really ... the Plugin is at the #15 location in my FXChain.

If I still change the Slot ... say to #1 .... the Plugin does NOT move to the #1 Slot ... it only moves relative to where I have scrolled to.

Maybe there is another use for Slots that I don't see for using ?!?

It would be handy to be able to change a Chains ORDER right from STRIPPER.

hope this makes sense.

thanks
aha - no - to move a plug from one slot to another - simply left-click drag it to the slot you want it in (down side currently is you cannot mousewheel whilst dragging).

Also - press 1 and you get the fx order dialog popup. Another way - but until my next update - you cannot get to the GUI from this.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:01 PM   #5697
RJHollins

Quote:
aha - no - to move a plug from one slot to another - simply left-click drag it to the slot you want it in (down side currently is you cannot mousewheel whilst dragging).

Also - press 1 and you get the fx order dialog popup. Another way - but until my next update - you cannot get to the GUI from this.
AHAAAAAAAAAA.

OK ... both ways did work ... One thing noticed: Pressing 1 brough up the full list. When I went to MOVE the plugin, Stripper became Non-Responsive for a bit of time. But then redrew and OK.

This is a nice feature.

Now to see if I can stream-line ChannelALT ... removing some aspects that I don't need [getting the displaying showing only the EFX list] [save space].

Also ... yeah, will probably need more SLOTS !
Old 01-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #5698
lb0

Quote:
AHAAAAAAAAAA.

OK ... both ways did work ... One thing noticed: Pressing 1 brough up the full list. When I went to MOVE the plugin, Stripper became Non-Responsive for a bit of time. But then redrew and OK.

This is a nice feature.

Now to see if I can stream-line ChannelALT ... removing some aspects that I don't need [getting the displaying showing only the EFX list] [save space].

Also ... yeah, will probably need more SLOTS !
Will add more slots in next update.

In the meantime - you can add more yourself by simply changing line 33494 (latest version)

currently reads:
for i = 1, 16 do

change the 16 to whatever number fx slots you require.

And let me know - I'll update the dev version so it will be the same on next release.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:23 PM   #5699
RJHollins

Quote:
Will add more slots in next update.

In the meantime - you can add more yourself by simply changing line 33494 (latest version)

currently reads:
for i = 1, 16 do

change the 16 to whatever number fx slots you require.

And let me know - I'll update the dev version so it will be the same on next release.
OK ... I'll expand to 64 Slots [can't ever see more than that].