Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-17-2024, 10:56 AM   #1121
theorbe
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmaha View Post
No worries! I hope that you enjoy exploring the new features...
you're extraordinary. i'm retired, so i don't do sound recording anymore, but your work keeps me in touch with digital editing. thank you.
theorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 02:46 AM   #1122
chmaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by theorbe View Post
you're extraordinary. i'm retired, so i don't do sound recording anymore, but your work keeps me in touch with digital editing. thank you.
Awww, thanks!

NEW: ReaClassical 24.16.3
  • Move/Delete Track: Show message if multiple tracks are selected
  • Move/Delete Track: Add logic to prevent moving source tracks directly
  • Delete Track: Prevent function from acting on a folder of two tracks
Obvious from the changelog but added a message when functions are run on multiple selected tracks. Plus, only allow functions to run on child tracks in the first group and when deleting notify when user reaches the minimum number of tracks to form a folder.

I did briefly entertain the ability to delete the parent track (easy enough to then make the first child track a parent) but it messes with the current collapsed states so looks messy when completed. I can probably come up with a solution but also think that nobody would really be wanting to delete the parent as it invariably contains the main pair (either as recorded or a constructed stereo interleaved from the explode multi-channel function) or a muted guide track. The delete function really exists for engineers who perhaps expected a certain number of microphone channels when setting up the session but end up with fewer. The moving of child tracks is useful to help group similar instrument/section microphones together within the folder.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:52 AM   #1123
chmaha

NEW: RCPlugs 1.7
  • Add RCTime&PhaseTool
In line with RCPlugs naming where it is (hopefully) obvious what each plugin does based on its name...I've moved "Phasity" to the RCPlugs:

Based on airwindows "sampledelay" DSP with the ReaClassical twist of spot to main pair calculations. It works as follows...

Place on a spot microphone channel. You want to delay your spot microphone channel to align with the main pair. You already measured the horizontal distance between it and the main pair stand with a tape measure. You then measured the height differential (height of main pair - height of spot microphone). Therefore:

Horizontal Spot… is the distance in meters from the spot to the main pair.
Differential Height… is the difference in height between the spot and the main pair in meters.

Think of these as a Euclidean geometric calculation along the lines of c² = a² + b².

Then because you might need to tweak whatever physical measurements you wrote down during the recording session, you have samples and subsample sliders to really dial in the exact amount of delay and get the phase aligned.

I've not have any significant feedback on this since it was released as "Phasity" but perhaps this will provide some impetus. It's basically supposed to function a little bit like Merging's PanNoir but leaving the panning and volume parts to REAPER's built-in panning and fader controls (why reinvent the wheel?). If you get this right, your combined stereo image starts to sound fuller and, well, better

NEW: ReaClassical 24.16.4
  • PDF Manual: Tweak free plugins section
Further to the addition of a timing and phase tool to RCPlugs, it was time to tweak the relevant section of the PDF manual.

Also, I felt it was time to strip the ReaClassical installer of the vast majority of the 100+ airwindows JSFX ports for now leaving just RCPlugs + MagicFairyDust. One of the driving factors was that the console templates included with Orpheus etc are no longer compatible with ReaClassical since the introduction of the mixer tracks, aux send, submixes, and RCMASTER. They are, of course, still useful to regular REAPER users so I can't just convert the templates. There is a very neat solution on the way at some point. You'll still get your analog/digital console goodness but in a slightly different (and dynamic) way.

The vast majority of airwindows ports while great are not really suitable for classical mixing/mastering. I'll add a few extra back as I go through the list but users can easily install any they like via ReaPack (search for "chmaha").

Last edited by chmaha; 04-21-2024 at 11:05 AM.
chmaha is offline   Reply With Quote