Old 11-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #121
mccrabney
Human being with feelings

i had to re-check my license to see if i was due for a renewal - i am not.
the value of the license i bought for 5.0 is unbeatable.

in every other software version upgrade i experience, it's always a pain in some small way or another. i appreciate that 5.9x to 6.0 is just going to be part of a continuum.

this is the best software i know. keep it coming.
mccrabney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:01 PM   #122
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
BTW, since MIDI items don't follow track and project default timebases if these are set to "Time", it may avoid confusion if Project settings and Action names refer to "Timebase for non-MIDI items/envelopes/markers"
Try checking midi item properties window "ignore project tempo use....."
And there's an sws action that will do the same for multiple midi items
Old 11-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #123
Assassin06soul

looks like this 6.0rc1 build doesnt let you add new plugins, had to reverse to a normal version and clear cache/re-scan to do that
Assassin06soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #124
tusitala

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
I can't lie.. I'm really hoping this comes at some point soon too. It would be a massive help
It's without a doubt THE biggest game changer in the world of composing, and as sample libraries are growing bigger and better and with more articulations, it's becoming absolutely necessary:

tusitala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:28 PM   #125
clepsydrae

Default context menu for embedding plugin UI state error

minor bug in linux, v6rc1 --

* make new track, add a reaverb and a reacomp
* in FX browser right-click reaverb, see that "show embedded UI" options are greyed out (expected)
* then right click reacomp and see that they are still greyed out (unexpected)
* hit ESC, right click reacomp again and see that they are now enabled

Also, much of the time that I right-click an effect when its line is not already selected the context menu will instantly disappear when it has opened. Holding the right mouse button down makes it stay open, but it disappears when it's released. This is inconsistent though; sometimes it doesn't happen. If I have left-clicked on an effect to select that line, and then right-click, the menu stays open as expected.

-------

And congrats on v6!
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:32 PM   #126
clepsydrae

Default FR: track wiring

MMB-drag for panning/scrolling would be much appreciated in the track wiring! (Zoom would be nice too, eh?)

Maybe there are plenty of improvements planned (mouse modifier context?) but just wanted to say it out loud. :-)
Old 11-22-2019, 03:39 PM   #127
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triode View Post
Try checking midi item properties window "ignore project tempo use....."
And there's an sws action that will do the same for multiple midi items
He knows about it but read what he wrote, it's not related to that at all.
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #128
Yanick

Please (Please!) add the mouse modifier setting, which would remove the movement of the edit cursor when clicking on the CC event!
Yanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #129
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
He knows about it but read what he wrote, it's not related to that at all.
Oh I see. It's about the label for project default settings. I'd not even considered that the default would default differently for each.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #130
Edgemeal

When double clicking MIDI item in arrangeview to open the MIDI Editor full screen (one ME per project), seems the ME window is drawn with a light background first, and then the v6 dark theme color is applied or something. I'm getting this quick but annoying white flash when ME is opened. Sorry if this is a known thing, I never tried dark colors before.

Windows 10 (1909), REAPER v6.0rc1/x64
LICEcap
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:37 PM   #131
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
When double clicking MIDI item in arrangeview to open the MIDI Editor full screen (one ME per project), seems the ME window is drawn with a light background first, and then the v6 dark theme color is applied or something. I'm getting this quick but annoying white flash when ME is opened. Sorry if this is a known thing, I never tried dark colors before.

Windows 10 (1909), REAPER v6.0rc1/x64
LICEcap
Confirmed.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:51 PM   #132
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
The new auto-stretch timebase still doesn't work if the item contains user-inserted stretch markers, and the item is copy/pasted using actions
This is because in general, stretch markers don't retain their beat-based position when pasting, the way they do when mouse editing. We have a fix for this in a code branch, but we are really trying to keep the number of moving parts down for the 6.0 release, so it will likely be added for a release shortly afterwards.

(We actually have a backlog of bugfix and feature branches that we'll be merging in over the next few releases. 6.1 is gonna be lit)
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #133
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antti View Post
That helps for cpu (roughly halves it) but doesn't have any effect on quality with properly implemented fractional samplerate converter (assuming the same filter specifications are used for both).
If you're using rates that are integer ratios of each other, you can decrease the sinc interpolation table size significantly without any quality loss (and for certain ratios with a quality improvement), which saves CPU and memory (and thus allowing a larger sinc filter size).
Justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:43 PM   #134
Edgemeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Confirmed.
Tried v5 +dev1118 with v6 theme and see same annoying white flash every time ME is opened, so nothing new I guess, never noticed it with v5 theme.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:47 PM   #135
bywaterandblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusitala View Post
It's without a doubt THE biggest game changer in the world of composing, and as sample libraries are growing bigger and better and with more articulations, it's becoming absolutely necessary:

I highly doubt this is a priority at this time but I'm in total agreement. Reaticulate is in development but it has been kinda slow moving. My guess is Justin is letting that flesh out instead of including it in Reaper since it will be an awesome solution once the GUI mapping is complete. Right now we have to edit text files, which isn't all that bad I guess. I just find myself prioritizing other things over creating and testing mappings for my libraries. My day job deals with looking at code and datasets a lot and I'm not keen on this type of thing when I just want to be creative. Boy, I could dream that someday those mappings would happen automatically...

What is the program you are using in that video by the way?

Last edited by bywaterandblood; 11-22-2019 at 07:02 PM.
bywaterandblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:12 PM   #136
Gecho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Can confirm that licenses bought today are now version 6 licenses, good through 7.xx. That's what my new license says anyway.
Me too. I just purchased reapert 6 liscence today. And it says, the liscence is valid till version 7.99.
Gecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:44 PM   #137
clepsydrae

Default license

When I imported my newly-purchased 6-7 license in to the linux version, it said something like "can not write file", but it seemed to work anyway.

It's possible that it said this because my portable install is on an ntfs drive (with umask=002). Sometimes linux programs bug out because they can't set permissions (e.g. I have to run bunzip as sudo to get it to work at all). Just a guess.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:30 AM   #138
Dafarkias

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
(We actually have a backlog of bugfix and feature branches that we'll be merging in over the next few releases. 6.1 is gonna be lit)
Well, I'm excited! It's going to be lit, he says!

I'm sure it won't pay much attention to Dafarkias' strange obsession with stretch markers, unfortunately.

It seems as if lately, only those reporting MIDI/CC bugs are getting any attention.

Things I would love to see:
  • Stretch markers should be an automation data. This would open up a world of possibilities, think about automation items, in this regard! Don't worry Cockos, you may use this idea royalty-free--I won't even sue.
  • UI anything. Not referring to v6 theme. Allow for continuity of all window colors. Users should be able to change every windows colors in the theme configuration panel. Also, smart-docking; docking windows should remember positions per project, per window/script, per docking position. An added API function would allow for scripters to solve this issue on their own.

Support my feature request!
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:18 AM   #139
MEMFIS_AKA
Banned

Thanks for updates!
It will be great if media explorer be updated + FX browser.
I think FX browser should have same functional as FL ans S1 have.
Nail it to the docker on the right or left side and scroll.
Will be so great if it can display png snapshot's of plugins.
Many like me like working with visuals. And also many suffer from myopia, and it’s hard for us to use text search for effects.

It would also be nice to follow fixed FX slots in MCP.
And ability to change fx position by scroll (up\down)
MEMFIS_AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:36 PM   #140
denis_prophet

Oh! the new theme looks fine for eyes it's the best theme for me.

But it seems like the layout of the transport panel doesn't change size when set other size 50%,75% etc.

Windows 10, REAPER v6.0rc1/x64 (portatable)
denis_prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:55 PM   #141
Softsynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis_prophet View Post
Oh! the new theme looks fine for eyes it's the best theme for me.

But it seems like the layout of the transport panel doesn't change size when set other size 50%,75% etc.

Windows 10, REAPER v6.0rc1/x64 (portatable)
Same for me here - the smaller sizes don't change going 50-75%.
Luckily I like it best at 150% or 200% using two monitors (not 4K).

I also very much like the 6 theme (which I am also already running on Reaper 5) which appears bold and easy to read at those sizes and also easy on the eyes.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:09 AM   #142
MEMFIS_AKA
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
Same for me here - the smaller sizes don't change going 50-75%.

I also very much like the 6 theme (which I am also already running on Reaper 5) which appears bold and easy to read at those sizes and also easy on the eyes.
Can i try a new theme? How to get it?
MEMFIS_AKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:34 AM   #143
SmajjL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
I'm on 35" 3440 x 1440, 90-100cm away with DAW-glasses on and kinda wish for a tad up, guess the next tad would be 125%, the D6 150% in the face is beautiful though for some reason, but one minor issue with that, the space compro-thingie.

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 11:02 AM   #144
tusitala

Quote:
Originally Posted by bywaterandblood View Post
I highly doubt this is a priority at this time but I'm in total agreement. Reaticulate is in development but it has been kinda slow moving. My guess is Justin is letting that flesh out instead of including it in Reaper since it will be an awesome solution once the GUI mapping is complete. Right now we have to edit text files, which isn't all that bad I guess. I just find myself prioritizing other things over creating and testing mappings for my libraries. My day job deals with looking at code and datasets a lot and I'm not keen on this type of thing when I just want to be creative. Boy, I could dream that someday those mappings would happen automatically...

What is the program you are using in that video by the way?

Logic

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=365
tusitala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 04:52 PM   #145
Trancit

I know critism isnīt allowed here on the forum but sorry... thatīs really it???

Perhaps I donīt really understand the changelog blabla like most of the time but from what I read here I couldnīt be more disappointed...

I had really some hopes on V6 not at least because of a great V6 speculation thread where Iīve seen that many problems seem to affect a broad user base and it was nice to see I am not alone...

What was adressed from these bespoke problem regions of Reaper... NOTHING...

Really???

Reaper was at the beginning one of the most innovative software in music land... many updates were more than impressive.... and now... the changelog for my understanding isnīt any different than it was for any 5.9xx releases...
I thought all this draggin out of all this 5.9xxx releases would have the reason that something big would be coming... but nope...more minor stuff and more and more...

If I compare this to the changelog of Studio One 4, Cubase 10, Ableton 10, Bitwig 3 ... sorry I cannot deny my impression that this is more a .xx release... but as a major update... sorry again... this is nothing...
Not quantity but quality wise...

Even the latest .5 Cubase update was more spectacular than what I read here...

Perhaps I am unfair here but frustration hits me hard atm...

Sorry to anybody being upset but I had to write this...

PS: every well-intentioned advice that I should swap to a different DAW are of course very welcome as always...but doesnīt really change the facts...
Trancit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:13 PM   #146
Peevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
It's not "anything above 100%", rather it's "values between 101% and 130% or so" (and maybe between 151% and 180% too). Looking at some workarounds.
This seems to be working well now in rc3 without track names doing a disappearing act , the vol & rec are a little chopped when fully minimized but I'll definitely take it over the previous behavior. Thanks Justin
Old 12-03-2019, 01:56 AM   #147
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecho View Post
I just purchased reapert 6 liscence today. And it says, the liscence is valid till version 7.99.
Just a heads up, the purchase page still says 6.99.