Old 10-20-2016, 10:58 PM   #1
Teebs
Human being with feelings

Default Tracks out of sync on playback

I edited my vocal tracks with stretch markers using elastique solo 2.28 also tuned with waves tune.
I then freeze all vocal tracks. Playback my vox folder alone all is well
Played back with either the drum track or guitar bus the vocals go out of sync.
Help with understanding this would be much appreciated.

O.K I undone all the frozen tracks and it seemed to fix it. I don't really know what caused it but it's vanished.

Me thinks this has probably been brought up some what more eloquently elsewhere. I searched the forum all I could find was elastique solo 2.28 maybe the culprit but that made no difference.
I also get the feeling it's not thread starter worthy. I'm not well versed in the forum world perhaps I should of presented it elsewhere.

Last edited by Teebs; 10-21-2016 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Solved
Teebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 11:09 PM   #2
clepsydrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebs View Post
I edited my vocal tracks with stretch markers using elastique solo 2.28 also tuned with waves tune.
I then freeze all vocal tracks. Playback my vox folder alone all is well
Played back with either the drum track or guitar bus the vocals go out of sync.
They "go" out of sync, meaning it's progressively more out of sync as the track plays, or they "are" out of sync after the freeze?

Quote:
I also get the feeling it's not thread starter worthy. I'm not well versed in the forum world perhaps I should of presented it elsewhere.
No problem; but maybe next time don't post in the BR forum until you've verified (or gathered strong suspicion) that it's a reaper bug; i.e. you can start the subject in the General Discussion or Compatability subforums first, then post here once it's determined.

Anyway: my first (weak) guess would be that some kind of latency introduced by the tuning plugin is not being compensated when the freezing happens.

I think the next thing to do is to make a new test project, repeat the procedure and reproduce the problem.

Then make a new track in that test project and try again with the waves tune but without the stretch markers and see what happens. Then do another track with stretch markers but without waves tune, etc.

If the problem is always happening, then do a separate portable install of reaper (it's very easy/quick) and try it with the factory settings of reaper.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:45 AM   #3
Teebs

It went out of sync at the same place about a third into the song. I rendered all the tracks seperatly and imported them to a new project and it done the same thing.
When I unfreezed them I saw the waves jump back into place. I think I must of hit some key command or something
When I froze them again it was fine.

Thanks for the forum advice
im sure the issue was my own error not reapers.
Teebs is offline   Reply With Quote