Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 09-10-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
Kyzem
Human being with feelings

Default First note in midi is clipping

Hello O Wise Ones!

I've got a problem with a project in Reaper where the first note of a midi piano track is almost always clipping (actually it's an issue with a couple tracks on this project). The meter on both the track(s) and the master don't go anywhere near the clipping area. This happens with a couple VSTs on separate tracks including a piano preset in Omnisphere and Piano One. The first note on these tracks also clips when they are played in solo. It doesn't seem to be a problem with the compressor settings as the same thing happens when I turn it off (plus these aren't super low frequencies and the compressor has a long enough Attack and Release). The only effects on the track are ReaEQ and the actual VST (plus one of them has a Delay effect MuVerb). Funny enough, it's only the first initial note that's clipping and the rest of the song is fine. Also fine when looped (the first note doesn't clip) on a second playthrough. I've also tried changing a couple buffer sizes from c.a. 258 to 2000 and changing that also doesn't seem to solve the issue. I'd be very grateful if someone could share some insight as to how this can possibly be solved.

All the best
Chris
Kyzem is offline   Reply With Quote