Old 02-22-2018, 04:20 AM   #1
G-Sun
Human being with feelings

Default A question for the Russians here

Hi!
I'm happy to see many excellent Russian users and developers here.

One question:
I see many of you contribute very very good as developers and with user-questions.
But, when it comes to social, cultural and political questions (lounge typical), I've almost never seen you sharing your thoughts, feelings, opinions and experiences.
Why is it so?

Is the public opinion among the western population to hostile for you to engage with?
Other factors?

Last edited by G-Sun; 03-04-2018 at 01:53 AM.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:58 AM   #2
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Why is it so?

Is the public opinion among the western population to hostile for you to engage with?
Other factors?
I'm not Russian, but Russian speaking person. One of the factors could be the fact there is very popular musician forum on the Russian internet. There are a lot of users, including Reaper ones.
Maybe it is true that some people are hostile to them.
SoundCloudFR: True Non-destructive GLUEAll the REAPER names
vitalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:36 PM   #3
alk116

Default Некорректное оторажение названий проек&#

Ребят, вот такая проблема. При чем в 5.62 такого не было! Как вылечить кто нить сталкивалсЯ с таким недоразумением?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Безымянный1.jpg (63.6 KB, 434 views)
alk116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:08 PM   #4
RDBOIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk116 View Post
Ребят, вот такая проблема. При чем в 5.62 такого не было! Как вылечить кто нить сталкивалсЯ с таким недоразумением?

Did you try changing the settings in the Preferences menu? Please look at my video.
Вы пытались изменить настройки в меню «Настройки»? Посмотрите мое видео:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bHM...ew?usp=sharing

I hope this helps.
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #5
alk116

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDBOIS View Post
Did you try changing the settings in the Preferences menu? Please look at my video.
Вы пытались изменить настройки в меню «Настройки»? Посмотрите мое видео:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bHM...ew?usp=sharing

I hope this helps.

I watched the video, did as shown, all the same (
alk116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:11 AM   #6
mpl

Quote:
Other factors?
haha so stereotype, thats one of the factor lol

Actually most people I know converted their thought/opinions into some abstract thing for a last 5 years. So they just let everything go as it goes, dont care about society, politics because it is too dynamic, stupid and destructive nowadays. I will better spent 2 hours for a learning something new than discussing idiots who declare about how should I live. World goes self-destructuctive, people now care more about their family, than about society and especially politics.

If you take a look at the whole history down to year 988, Russia (also Soviet Union, Empire, Rus) never invaded/broke other contries. I laugh when someone says Russia take Crimea, because 95% people in Crimea are russians, and this place itself was Ukranian from 1954 only formally. But Europe people mostly thinking "Russians occupy everything they want/need". So I wouldnt use "hostile" term for anything related to Russians...
Old 02-23-2018, 02:49 AM   #7
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
haha so stereotype, thats one of the factor lol

Actually most people I know converted their thought/opinions into some abstract thing for a last 5 years. So they just let everything go as it goes, dont care about society, politics because it is too dynamic, stupid and destructive nowadays. I will better spent 2 hours for a learning something new than discussing idiots who declare about how should I live. World goes self-destructuctive, people now care more about their family, than about society and especially politics.

If you take a look at the whole history down to year 988, Russia (also Soviet Union, Empire, Rus) never invaded/broke other contries. I laugh when someone says Russia take Crimea, because 95% people in Crimea are russians, and this place itself was Ukranian from 1954 only formally. But Europe people mostly thinking "Russians occupy everything they want/need". So I wouldnt use "hostile" term for anything related to Russians...
Thank you very much for answering mpl!
You are a very valued contributor here in the Reaper-society, and your thoughts on current subject is most welcome!

I do note that the "people now care more about their family" is confirming my impressions about many former Soviet Union countries. It's about who's there for you if your sick, old, young etc., right?

I agree one can waste a lot of time in places like the lounge,
and I do find your priorities quite healthy

"Hostile": You misinterpreted my usage of the word It was the other way around.
Myself I agree that we in western countries are a little(a lot) brainwashed with the anti-Russian propaganda over her.
Yet, things are not black and white,
and that's why it could be so educating for us non-russions to get your input from time to time.

Thanks!
Old 02-23-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
Veto

Quote:
But Europe people mostly thinking "Russians occupy everything they want/need". So I wouldnt use "hostile" term for anything related to Russians...
Quote:
Originally Posted by azslow3 View Post
Quote:
Other factors?
I have tried to explained that to colleagues (DE, NL, FR, etc.) and I know that does not work.
"Public opinion among the western population" is as realistic and dangerous as communism.
Quoting both in my 800th post (pathetic I know) for truth.

The most ironic and annoying part: It's considered a virtue here (notably among high-ranking politicians) to finger-point in light-speed to the slightest breach of freedom (of press, speech, opinion, economy ...) anywhere in the world.

@fellow European follow-up posters:
I don't care. You have your opinion and I sure have mine.
Veto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:40 AM   #9
azslow3

I want to add, that from all media I can understand, the only more or less objective (for me) information comes from German TV after ~22:30 (yes, even the text of format news is periodically significantly different between 21:00 news and 23:00 news...).

UK/US<->RU political news are a kind of joke. Especially funny to read/listen/watch them one after another. Motivation, honor and intonation are almost the same, just with applied Boolean NOT operator on the text
azslow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:11 AM   #10
strachupl

Quote:
If you take a look at the whole history down to year 988, Russia (also Soviet Union, Empire, Rus) never invaded/broke other contries.
Well that is lie.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:54 AM   #11
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
Well that is lie.
Don't wanna discuss it here, just interested for some examples.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:17 AM   #12
G-Sun

Quote:
Don't wanna discuss it here, just interested for some examples.
Here should be a good start:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_invasions
Old 02-25-2018, 10:43 AM   #13
mpl

I didn't see there any examples of invasion for the aims other than protecting its citizens from destroying or other geopolitical/military reasons.

I probably wasn't clear (poor English), and I meant invasion to get new colonies, take some territory with a lot of genocide etc.

Edit: as I said before I'm out of discussions like that, it gives too much negative feel and too much wasting time (which I can spend for more interesting stuff).
So I'm sorry for putting attention to this thread. Best regards.

Last edited by mpl; 02-25-2018 at 11:14 AM.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #14
azslow3

Quote:
The list is definitively a bad start...
Strictly speaking that is a list of military activities, so not only invasions are listed. And some modern military activities are simply omitted (I guess with the idea that NATO is not a country but a "freedom" organization)

It is clear that Russia has participated in a number of wars, including invasions and territory acquisition. But the last real invasions was at the beginning of the WWII (Finland). All later activities was some formal/informal participation in foreign conflicts. Most dramatic for Russia in modern history was Afganistan.

Finally with disassembly of USSR, Russian military was withdrawn from all foreign countries outside USSR (the distribution of foreign military bases of different countries is well known).

And while some accusations in military actions within USSR borders have a background, that is hard to compare in mass and global consequences with:
* killing democratic president of Iran, with following 50 years nightmare in a half of east coutries
* training terrorists
* continuously organizing and supporting revolutions in foreign countries
* distributing hunderts of own military bases abroad
* making military prisons in foreign countries to avoid own laws application
(if someone think that is from Russian propaganda... no, that is from serious German journalists researches. And since US has a rule to open secret documents after 50 years, anyone in fact can read that on open US government sites).

Still, almost everyone on the west believe the only evil sit in Moscow
Old 03-02-2018, 02:47 AM   #15
doppelganger

Quote:
Don't really like to talk much about politics, but i can't just skip it, i know, most people from RF are very kind and smart, as you are, i don't have hate on them, even if some of them talk shit about us, but i want to say, that you're totally wrong on this one. Speaking of Soviet Union, undeniable invasions are into Poland and Finland, speaking for RF, it's Georgia, and i don't even touch other periods of history, you can justify, but it was still an invasion with a lot of people killed and territory occupied.

Crimea...special forces of RF invaded into Crimea, raided the government's building, everyone from officials, who were against occupation were exported from Crimea to Ukraine, everyone who decided to support the idea of annexation by RF started to prepare illegal referendum and propaganda, including mass media of RF. Not 95% , but i think somewhere 70-80% really wanted to join RF, i don't deny it, also propaganda about ukrainian nazi killing everyone, who speaks russian and eat their children forced a lot of people to think about going into RF, in fact, nobody came into Crimea and nobody killed anyone, it was so stupid propaganda, i don't understand how people believe in it. No matter what was in Crimea it doesn't justify invasion of RF's forces, breaking all the world's rules and agreements, if you think there were "nazi", ok, than RF's government needed to raise that question in United Nations and mass media of all world, to create peacekeeping mission and so on, but no, they've done , what they've done. If legitimate ukrainian referendum was done, i will be honest with you, i would definitely voted for joining of Crimea to RF, i don't mind, because russians and ukrainians were always like brothers, we share the same history partially and came from one nation in the far past, but now i count most of the Crimean as traitors.

I don't count Bandera as a hero and i don't like what my government is doing now, all that borrowed money from IMF is not good and so on, but what RF is doing in my country is just unacceptable.
There is no regular army of RF in Ukraine in Donbas, but there are their military equipment, enginery, money, volunteers/mercenaries. All this war in Donbas is sponsored by RF, and propaganda in mass media is made to get more volunteers/mercenaries to go to Ukraine. If RF will close the borders with pseudorepublics in Donbas, will stop to "donate" them and will stop to give military vehicles - the war will end in few months.

Ukraine was always a marionette of RF, now it loses Ukraine, they couldn't stop Ukraine diplomatically, so they decided to turn back Ukraine in the field of influence of RF by force. Non of russian people are killed in other part of Ukraine, by the way i'm speaking russian too, know a lot of people, who speaks russian and i live in western Ukraine, my father is a Soviet man in mind, hates everything ukrainian, and none of us were hurt not even a single time, i never heard someone talking something bad to me.
So almost everything mass media of RF shows/talks about us on their TV is a bullshit, at least in 99% of cases.

Last edited by doppelganger; 03-02-2018 at 03:51 AM.
doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:28 AM   #16
azslow3

Quote:
Other factors?
I have tried to explained that to colleagues (DE, NL, FR, etc.) and I know that does not work.
"Public opinion among the western population" is as realistic and dangerous as communism. Yes, there is a good reason it is what it is. And yes, it has worked, works and probably can continue to work (with usual periodic problems, but still). Communistic approach can not work (for several reasons).
What is hard to explain, that so called "democratic" approach is not always work. And there are other approaches which work at particular place, at particular time.
Rammstein - Amerika is a good song about the problem.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:48 AM   #17
cool

Quote:
Hi!
I'm happy to see many excellent Russian users and developers here.

One question:
I see many of you contribute very very good as developers and with user-questionst.
But, when it comes to social, cultural and political questions (lounge typical), I've almost never seen you sharing your thoughts, feelings, opinions and experiences.
Why is it so?

Other factors?
Good question!
I think that this is largely due to the language barrier. For me, it works that way - I own a huge number of technical terms and form suggestions from them easier. And when it comes to "small talk" I just can not find the words. And what makes Google translate sometimes sad (and funny) read I do not want to look ridiculous to strangers!

For my part, there is no prejudice. With friends and relatives in Ukraine, with colleagues across the border, we can calmly and freely communicate on any topic. Regardless of what is currently being said in the media.
cool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:00 AM   #18
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool View Post
Good question!
I think that this is largely due to the language barrier. For me, it works that way - I own a huge number of technical terms and form suggestions from them easier. And when it comes to "small talk" I just can not find the words. And what makes Google translate sometimes sad (and funny) read I do not want to look ridiculous to strangers!

For my part, there is no prejudice. With friends and relatives in Ukraine, with colleagues across the border, we can calmly and freely communicate on any topic. Regardless of what is currently being said in the media.
That's a good answer to the question
Thanks!
Old 03-02-2018, 06:50 AM   #19
azslow3

Ukraine is a difficult topic... On one side, its biggest part was always a kind of "one" with Russia (also mentally). But there was always the west part which was quite different and the east part, which from all perspective was just Russia pure.

Someone has decided to "split". The first attempt has almost silently failed (the first revolution). The second attempt had a chance to silently succeed, may be failing later as the first one.

But there was forces which was not happy with such scenario.
And these forces was not in Kremlin (which was investigating the situation long before the second revolution, but as could be observed during the revolution, they was doing... nothing. They have not tried to help Yanukovich nor they had any clear political declarations. They was just observing how it develops).

It was obvious that in case russian bases are asked to immediately withdraw from Krym, Kremlin will be forced to annex it. "Zugzwang". Not sure how obvious it was for the rest of the world, but I do not think there could be any second opinion in Russia or Ukraine.

What is with east Ukraine is less clear. Was it "local resistance" against ukrainization (from local oligarchs or just people)? was it an attempt to make a land passage to Krym? or was it a way to separate sufficient number of voting people to avoid "east" president again? May be someone will find that out in 50 years. But not now.

I think the biggest misunderstanding between Russia and the west, is the way to confirm things. Russia tend to never officially confirm own mistakes, nor even confirm some obvious facts. And that is the target of usual accusations.
F.e. US always (sometimes after a while) confirm own operations. Funny, that independent from what they really do (breaking countries, training terrorists, killing foreign officials...), the fact they confirm that is perceived as a measure of "democracy". But that is just the way it works. Nothing we can change.