Old 12-26-2017, 06:26 AM   #1
Airal
Banned

Default Profile!

Please add the support for profiles. I use multiple monitors of all different configurations and I'm always having to reconfigure window sizes and placements.

It should be quite easy to do, simply save the settings files to different names and allow one to load them by name, eg: "reaper profile=main".

I could have separate reaper installations but my reaper dir's are over a gig in size(lots of scripts, lots of effects, lots of skins, etc).

Thanks
Airal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 06:27 AM   #2
EvilDragon
Human being with feelings

You can already import/export all (or SPECIFIC) settings and preferences... Preferences->Genreal->Import/Export configuration...
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 07:16 AM   #3
heda

Yes, it would be nice if all windows position would be saved in a separated ini file, reaper-windows.ini for example. This way you could copy and replace it from different ini configurations before launching reaper easily.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:53 AM   #4
Airal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
You can already import/export all (or SPECIFIC) settings and preferences... Preferences->Genreal->Import/Export configuration...
But that is a lot of work for an individual to have to do every time they want to load reaper. (multiple times a day) The point of software is to make our lives easier, not harder.

It's just a few lines of code in reaper to do that which costs the programmer a fixed amount of time that doesn't grow. For me to carry out the same process is O(n) where n is the number of times I have to do it(which, for me is multiple times a day).
Airal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #5
SoulOne82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airal View Post
I use multiple monitors of all different configurations and I'm always having to reconfigure window sizes and placements.
That´s what Screensets are for.

Quote:
It's just a few lines of code in reaper to do that which costs the programmer a fixed amount of time that doesn't grow.
You clearly have no clue about programming...
SoulOne82 is offline   Reply With Quote